Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

MikeWC vs Ignatius

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by MikeWC View Post
    Well, this was a bust.

    I set out a whole bunch of stuff for you to chew on, and you're just going to ignore it.

    So much for "I bet it never happens."
    I will chew on it and we will discuss it in time but let the record show you are walking away not me
    "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
    Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

    Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ignatius View Post
      I will chew on it and we will discuss it in time but let the record show you are walking away not me
      The record will show that I presented a full argument and you responded with a single sentence.

      I'm ok with that record.

      If you ever respond with a proportional response, I'll be back.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MikeWC View Post
        The record will show that I presented a full argument and you responded with a single sentence.

        I'm ok with that record.

        If you ever respond with a proportional response, I'll be back.
        Oh i see I dont follow your rules the way you like so you take your ball and go home. Figured
        "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
        Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

        Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

        Comment


        • #19
          Just posting so I can see at a glance if ignatius ever held up his end of the debate or not.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by MikeWC View Post
            Just posting so I can see at a glance if ignatius ever held up his end of the debate or not.
            Just posting to see if mikewc is willing to actually engage in a conversation or just wants to continue with all his bloviations
            "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
            Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

            Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ignatius View Post
              Just posting to see if mikewc is willing to actually engage in a conversation or just wants to continue with all his bloviations
              I'm the one who started the thread with a long, detailed argument. The least you could do is respond with a long, detailed rebuttal. I've put 10x the amount of effort into this that you have; time to catch up.

              I asked you what topic you wanted to discuss. You said it didn't matter. I choose contingency and necessity. You responded with a totally different topic!

              If you wanted to discuss "why is there something rather than nothing," you should have said so.

              If you'd like to begin a second private debate for that separate topic, I would be glad to have that conversation. This time, you go first. I promise that my opening statement will have 2x the words that yours does.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MikeWC View Post
                I'm the one who started the thread with a long, detailed argument. The least you could do is respond with a long, detailed rebuttal. I've put 10x the amount of effort into this that you have; time to catch up.

                I asked you what topic you wanted to discuss. You said it didn't matter. I choose contingency and necessity. You responded with a totally different topic!

                If you wanted to discuss "why is there something rather than nothing," you should have said so.

                If you'd like to begin a second private debate for that separate topic, I would be glad to have that conversation. This time, you go first. I promise that my opening statement will have 2x the words that yours does.
                Wy MUST I respond with a "long detailed argument". We will getot every point we just wont do it YOUR way. Dont like it? Then do as you have done and whine and take your ball and go home
                "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

                Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

                Comment

                Working...
                X