Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

For e v e & John t-- A discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or walls of logic...anything where there are big walls of things...which aren't just a person themselves talking.

Comment

When I said I speculated, I have to speculate as to when the shift to heliocentrism happened. Perhaps at the time of Noah. I'm just not sure when, if it was at the fall exactly or a little bit after.

Comment

I'm just very much existential...not in relation to this world, but in relation to experience, senses, feeling and what a soul herself through the spiritual man knows and discovers in her relationship with Him. But it was always a plan of philosophy to separate sensation and body and feeling from things that have veracity. Such as 'reason.' True, this type of fallen body and its senses and the material version of 'physical' and 'bodies' is unreliable...But, in Eden, we did not have these and they were not unreliable at all, our glorified bodies. And Eden itself was not unreliable, and neither was the true nature there. So, because so many believe this is God's world and he made it, then it sort of clinches the deal and makes the senses and body bad. And they are, but not if we consider our spiritual man and our glorified beings [what we are promised in Heaven]. And already, now, when we have that promise, and when we are "In" our spiritual man, we are connected to His Mind and so we are not subject to this world and the rules about senses, temporality, unreliability of feelings etc. Because then we are in God's CONTEXT, and His mind and not Satan's context and mind. Because there are two realms. Egypt and His and that is quite clear, studying types and shadows in scripture. And when Christ says, be in this world but not of this world. But no one wants to hear that since the ECFs declared that God made this world and it was good. What a pathetically ugly LIE.

Comment

You can see more clearly from the above why I just won't fit into any congregation and have no desire to. Because the above mistake the ECFs made causes UNTOLD problems in all sorts of interpretations. And its a big mistake. Huge.

I've seen people hear argue that it was because we stopped eating of the tree of life that we were different than in Eden. Nope. But I just don't care to argue so I did not push it. The fact is, everything was affected by the fall, not just Adam and Eve. And, I think that the tree of life is seriously misunderstood...and therefore, rather than pages of posting with a sure guarantee of being scoffed at, I just didn't even bother to post.

Comment

I just unsubscribed and quit the Holy Spirit & interpretation thread. I will not take part in the glorification of stupidity, and the abject refusal to look at facts.
            AARRGGHH!!!
            MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by john t View Post
              I just unsubscribed and quit the Holy Spirit & interpretation thread. I will not take part in the glorification of stupidity, and the abject refusal to look at facts.
              AARRGGHH!!!
              Oops. I don't tend to like thinking of God in relation to facts.

Comment

I type some more later. Insomnia.

Comment

you may appreciate what I typed on that ancient alien thread just ago. It kind of ties in with how i feel about facts and causality and
                  logic etc. Because the spiritual man doesn't
                  ponder that way....and I get tired on carm...all around....that everything is
                  reduced to mechanical types of proving and disproving.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post
                    you may appreciate what I typed on that ancient alien thread just ago. It kind of ties in with how i feel about facts and causality and
                    logic etc. Because the spiritual man doesn't
                    ponder that way....and I get tired on carm...all around....that everything is
                    reduced to mechanical types of proving and disproving.
                    Could you include the URL?
                    MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                    X