Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Signs of the Apostles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yodas_Prodigy
    started a topic Signs of the Apostles

Signs of the Apostles

The Gifts were given to the Apostles to prove they represented YHWH. These were the signs of the Apostles. These signs were also done by non-Apostles. But, those who were not Apostles who were walking in the gifts were commissioned directly by the Apostles. Even through the book of Acts, we can see how the gifts were used less and less.

I really did not buy in to Cessation-ism until recently... I honestly did not give it much thought. Personally, I have experienced many answered prayers for various issues, including the healing of my wife from Cancer.

Every Christian, unless you are a whacked out extremist, holds to some level of cessation-ism. Those whacked out ones would be cultists and weirdos...

So, how much of a cessationist are you?

• Conqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

In Acts 2, as we pointed out...each listener heard the speaker in his own language. What language is that which sounds like Greek to a Greek, and Phrygian to a Phrygian? Hmmm?
    he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men
    but to God, for no one understands him
    (1 Co 14:2).

Either Luke's fable or the binding apostolic word of God is wrong (Mat 16:19).

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Morefish View Post

But of course IT DOES NOT SAY 'indeed no one ANYWHERE EVER understands' anyone.

And in ACTS 2, THEY DID understand what was spoken in tongues. . .

IN LANGUAGES THAT WERE FOREIGN TO THE SPEAKERS!

What foreign languages WERE THOSE?. . .?
    In Acts 2, as we pointed out...each listener heard the speaker in his own language. What language is that which sounds like Greek to a Greek, and Phrygian to a Phrygian? Hmmm?

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

These are such weird misconceptions...

The only time anyone understood the tongues being spoken...the only time in the entire testimony of Acts where tongues were understood...is in Acts 2
    that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
    (Mt 18:16, Deut. 17:6; 19:15; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1; 1 Tim. 5:19).

There is Luke the Greek, who depended on witnesses (Luke 1:3).
    A court of law wouldn't accept hearsay,
    but Christendom owns these lousy standards,
    since they have decided
    that Luke speaks for God
    on the testimony of NONE.

he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God (1 Co 14:2).

Christendom makes allowances for Luke
    by ignoring that BINDING apostolic word of God
    to own a self-refuting Roman Canon.

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post

When I "kick the bucket" I don't want anybody raising me from the dead.
    Vehemently opposes the will of God,
    which is that the dead are raised for the glory of God.

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied

You're forgetting the one apostle who is still alive:

Heb 3:1
    Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.
    Jesus wasn't an apostle, but a prophet

nor was he the High Priest of our confession
    but of the New Covenant.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Considering the number of Christians worldwide, growing limbs probably occurs more often than you think; but it still requires the recipient to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will do it.
    Can you point us to one person that has a credible and corroborated testimony of their limb being grown?

Face it, if that actually happened it would be all over the Internet, on the night news, having people testify about it (believers and nonbelievers).

I would love, truly love not being sarcastic, to see limbs grown back in the church.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by onelamb View Post

The Bible says, "He who speaks in a tongue, speaks not to man, but to God...Indeed no one understands him....".1 Corinthians 14:2 ....so then...what "foreign language" would that be?
    A language that no one in the congregation understands. If you go into a church, speak in Russian, and everyone there speaks Swahili, who understands other than God?

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied

Considering the number of Christians worldwide, growing limbs probably occurs more often than you think; but it still requires the recipient to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will do it.
    Baloney! A sovereign God can do anything he desires. If he wants to grow limbs, he doesn't need the faith of the person in need... Your view of God is both weak and skewed...

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied
    Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

LOL's Bob... Cessationism is the reason people who are filled with the Spirit and walk by faith, but don't raise the dead or cause limbs to grow back...
    When I "kick the bucket" I don't want anybody raising me from the dead. Besides, raising the dead can only be done if God says to do it; it isn't something Christians do just to do it.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

I have other questions. Could you tell me why Charismatic missionaries have to go to school to learn a foreign language? Could you also show me a person who speaks in tongues who is speaking a foreign known language that they never were taught?
    These are such weird misconceptions...Are you suggesting that he who speaks in a tongue is not speaking mysteries? That those who hear him, contrary to what Paul clearly says, understand him, and that there is therefore absolutely no reason at all for Chapter 14 of 1 Corinthians to be in the book? Have you rewritten other passages, Joe? Show me where Paul spontaneously spoke to crowds in a foreign language. The only time anyone understood the tongues being spoken...the only time in the entire testimony of Acts where tongues were understood...is in Acts 2 where folks from dozens of countries, speaking dozens of languages, each heard the speakers in his own language, all at the same time. Every other time tongues was mentioned, it was spoken in a setting where only one language was being represented, and the spontaneous and foreign speech could only be recognized because it could not be understood...check it out: Only one group represented at Cornelius' house. Only one nation represented in Ephesus!

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

It is your prerogative to believe they are for today. Could you point me in the direction of anyone who is writing new scripture?
    This is a weird comment...Why would anyone need to have new scripture? The canon is established to eliminate the need for a new canon...and to establish all other speech and writing as inspired or not. Surely you don't suggest that all inspired speech and writing must be duly canonized? Else we'd have to know everything Saul prophesied, everything the daughters of Philip and Agabus prophesied, and we'd have to have copies of the book of the prophet Iddo...which is cited in the OT as authoritative.

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Cessationism has never been anything but an EXCUSE for theologians, who HAVE NO IDEA how the Holy Spirit works in His church, and in His people, and need to explain away their present spiritual sterility.
    LOL's Bob... Cessationism is the reason people who are filled with the Spirit and walk by faith, but don't raise the dead or cause limbs to grow back...

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Cessationism has never been anything but an EXCUSE for theologians, who HAVE NO IDEA how the Holy Spirit works in His church, and in His people, and need to explain away their present spiritual sterility.
    This is well put. It's a theology entirely based on lack of experience and flaccid impotence...desperately trying to explain why god ignores even a preacher's prayers...when he's only making money off his "biblical" preaching...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    I agree that any preacher/pastor who is inspired by the Holy Spirit preaches the word of God from the pulpit, or even writes it in a book. However, anything he says or writes MUST be completely in line with the Scriptures for it to be of God.
    No problem at all!!

EXCEPT -

99 times out of 100 - "In line with the Scriptures" really only means "In line with My / My denomination's / My traditional INTERPRETATION of the Scriptures". All God's chilluns got's "Interpretations", which are generally more important to them than what the Bible ACTUALLY says.

The Sanhedrin EASILY ERASED Jesus completely with ONE "Proof text".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X