Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I have a Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yodas_Prodigy
    started a topic I have a Request

I have a Request

Many years ago, I had an accident. That accident involved my ring-finger being de-gloved. I lost the top two-thirds of my finger on my left hand. Would one of you folks who has the gift of miracles or healing please use your gift to replace the missing part of my finger? Just say the word... Perhaps you will be my Centurion and approach Christ in my behalf...

You could also send me a cloth that you touched.

Thank You in Advance...

• Conqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by Rockson View Post

I'm sorry but you are challenging God's potential servants who may indeed operate in the gifts of the Spirit, and the working of miracles (as the Spirit wills) and demanding that they perform.
    Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

'Potential servants' of God, who suffer from UNBELIEF?

Then the disciples came to Jesus privately
    and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”
    So Jesus said to them, “Because of your UNBELIEF
    (Mt 17:19-20).

Jesus WAS NOT in unbelief when he refused to do miracles for those who had a wrong attitude when asking him to do so. Matt 16:4
    Jesus didn't berate the disciples
    for not getting a word of knowledge
    about the spiritual state of the sick,
    but for their UNBELIEF.

Leave a comment:

• Rockson
    replied
    Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Jesus WAS NOT in unbelief when he refused to do miracles for those who had a wrong attitude when asking him to do so. Matt 16:4

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied

I'm sorry but you are challenging God's potential servants who may indeed operate in the gifts of the Spirit, and the working of miracles (as the Spirit wills) and demanding that they perform.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

Oh! I am so hurt... LOL's... I see your accusatory posts are still in your fingers...Let me say it loud and clear... My opposition is not against God. It is against poor doctrines and theology that mislead and bind people up...
    And you do not see that it is your own experience or rather your lack thereof by which you argue. You have no scriptural basis. You are missing an appendage due to an accident for which you still seem to blame yourself. Joe, who's blind again?

Your own faith is based on what you see, not what is written, and you use your experience to nullify the Word of God, and render it of no effect.

You, my friend, have never had faith to move a grain of sand or grow a finger... No matter which well-worded response you make, you will not cover your lack of faith... I am glad you are back posting though. The average lurker is able to see the hair-brain logic you use...
    This is true...and I am likewise glad. Please explain what it means, "...for we walk by faith not by sight." The power of this forum is the ability to contrast your traditional approach, your...catholic...approach, or, as MacArthur hilariously describes it, your "historic" approach to biblical hermeneutics. "If it hasn't happened in the headlines for two thousand years, it's not for today."

And the irony is, in another thread you argue, "Show me anyone who is writing scripture today..." Show me anyone who contradicts your cherished dogma to whom you lend any credence at all!

Leave a comment:

• Rockson
    replied

To say that is to say that Jesus, who is God, cannot do anything without someone having faith...
    As a general rule that most certainly is true. There are times that God has over ridden this insistence most of the time with people new in the Christian faith. For example you don't demand much from a new born babe but the time comes when he demands one grow and develop spiritually. That means he insist that they eventually walk in faith.

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. James 1: 6

So he actually started talking about wisdom but he ended off by talking about ANYTHING. And he said that one who won't ask for things IN FAITH don't let him think that he'll receive ANYTHING from the Lord. Did a wof minister write that? No! The Holy Spirit through James inspired it. I trust and hope nobody here wants to resist it.

Then Jesus said to him, “‘If you are able?’ All things are possible for the one who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the boy cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

This verse shows that Jesus even helped those who had doubt or unbelief.
    So why are you setting up camp on his concern that he falling into fear or unbelief? Remember his same sentence said that HE BELIEVED! How about we read the whole passage,

What are you arguing with them about?” he asked.A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.”So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth.Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”From childhood,” he answered. It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”“ ‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:16

You should keep in mind the man did his part...he brought the boy to the disciples for he heard they had the authority Jesus gave them to heal the sick AND....he believed it.............It was the disciples that messed up. It was through their actions of unbelief that this man's confidence was shaken. Not quite so fair really. This man HAD BELIEVED and I think we can consider what he really was meaning is I BELIEVE but that his confidence was shaken due to the failure of the disciples. Jesus saw this man really did his believing part so he was really going to over ride his last statement. It most certainly wasn't his fault that the disciples messed up. Jesus healed the boy but rebuked his disciples, guess what over? Their unbelief!

Would you like to be my Centurion? Let's see if your faith is able to grow my finger... I am not putting God to the Test... Only your faith.

Do you have any more right to put someone else's faith to the test than the devil did with Jesus? "If you are the Son of God" Matt 4 do this or that. Jesus did not accommodate one with wrong motives to try to prove anything and what did he tell the devil in Matt 4 when he tried to do this?....GET BEHIND ME! You've said you're not putting God to the test? I'm sorry but you are challenging God's potential servants who may indeed operate in the gifts of the Spirit, and the working of miracles (as the Spirit wills) and demanding that they perform. Consider when you do that to God's servants you're doing it to him! If they don't perform according to your demands you hold them up for ridicule in a mocking fashion. But God wouldn't recreate your finger on the basis of your provocative challenge anyway so where's the validity of any point you're seeking to make? Sorry Yoda but you wouldn't have proved anything. God Bless and......

PEACE

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

You still miss the point... If I don't have the faith, I need a loving Charismatic or WoFFer to be my Centurion... Here is where your hearts are revealed... Instead of showing love and intercession, since you supposedly have the faith, you prefer to belittle and leave me on my own... WoFFER hypocrisy at its best...
    Guess you won...no finger...dust on the window sill, exactly as you believed in the first place, and the added benefit that you resoundingly proved the hypocrisy of every opponent, each a total stranger to you, on this board, with your fellow critics celebrating the same vapid victory on an apparently annual basis over fifteen years of dismemberment. This is the apogee of your orthodox religion, and masterfully proves MacArthur's historic principle of unbelief.

Not much of an accomplishment, but it proves that when you set out to get something done, you get it done...even when it's as shallow as a wadi in the summer's heat.

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied

23 Then Jesus said to him, “‘If you are able?’ All things are possible for the one who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the boy cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
    Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears,
    Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!
    (Mk 9:23-24).

Luke's Jesus set himself up for failure
    by requiring faith and then acting on a lack of faith.

Credibility alert.

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Well, you posted your rebuttal yourself: "All things are possible for the one who believes." Belief = faith.

And, Heb 11:6
    And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
    You still miss the point... If I don't have the faith, I need a loving Charismatic or WoFFer to be my Centurion... Here is where your hearts are revealed... Instead of showing love and intercession, since you supposedly have the faith, you prefer to belittle and leave me on my own... WoFFER hypocrisy at its best...

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

That is wrong... To say that is to say that Jesus, who is God, cannot do anything without someone having faith... Think about that for a moment...
    Copeland, and others, have said that God can't do anything in this world without faith... That places man as sovereign over God...

23 Then Jesus said to him, “‘If you are able?’ All things are possible for the one who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the boy cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

Would you like to be my Centurion? Let's see if your faith is able to grow my finger... I am not putting God to the Test... Only your faith.
    Well, you posted your rebuttal yourself: "All things are possible for the one who believes." Belief = faith.

And, Heb 11:6
    And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

Truth be told...no one ever really cared to prove God's word is true by doing your housecleaning for you. The promise of God was never a declaration of magical skills...but the promise of Grace in the face of real trials. Oh...and it has always given God's critics a chance to deliberately misunderstand, and thereby mock God.
    Oh! I am so hurt... LOL's... I see your accusatory posts are still in your fingers...Let me say it loud and clear... My opposition is not against God. It is against poor doctrines and theology that mislead and bind people up... You, my friend, have never had faith to move a grain of sand or grow a finger... No matter which well-worded response you make, you will not cover your lack of faith... I am glad you are back posting though. The average lurker is able to see the hair-brain logic you use...

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Well, Jesus said you do. Even he couldn't heal a person who didn't have faith.
    That is wrong... To say that is to say that Jesus, who is God, cannot do anything without someone having faith... Think about that for a moment...
    Copeland, and others, have said that God can't do anything in this world without faith... That places man as sovereign over God...

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

This isn't the Word Faith Forum. This is the Charismatic Forum... I don't need faith... I need someone with the Gift... And no, I am not mocking God... Now quit following me around and head back to Rome where you came from...
    Well, Jesus said you do. Even he couldn't heal a person who didn't have faith.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

This isn't the Word Faith Forum. This is the Charismatic Forum... I don't need faith... I need someone with the Gift... And no, I am not mocking God... Now quit following me around and head back to Rome where you came from...
    Ahhhh...I can't stop laughing..."I don't need faith..." Not today, maybe...But it might be a good idea to begin believing soon.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

No... I swept it away... I got tired of waiting for someone with sand moving faith...
    Truth be told...no one ever really cared to prove God's word is true by doing your housecleaning for you. The promise of God was never a declaration of magical skills...but the promise of Grace in the face of real trials. Oh...and it has always given God's critics a chance to deliberately misunderstand, and thereby mock God.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X