Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Value of Preaching!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

It really also depends on who's doing the preaching. If he's making stuff up, because he doesn't have a clue what the scriptures are actually saying, there's not a lot of value...The wisdom of God is not connected at all to the wisdom of man, and when the preaching of man veers away from the simplicity of the promise...it veers away from anything of value, as we often see in these threads.
    Like yourself. You've made up a ton of stuff that does not line up with the Scriptures.

Like seriously, there is not a single reputable student of the Scriptures that would argue that those at Corinth were mature believes eating meat.... Yet, you have said this repeatedly and refuse to correct yourself. I've posted the Scriptures that contradict you multiple times and you keep saying the same falsehoods over and over again.

YOU... even went so far as to say there was only one chapter of the letters that contained a rebuke. YOU said this. Not me. I know better. I know its not true because I am a student of the Scriptures. I posted many verses that prove you wrong..... YET... You keep pretending it didn't happen.

YOU seems to have some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post

I was born into the family of God. No one is born in the family of God without the Holy Spirit.

All of humanity needs the Holy Spirit.
      We don,t enter into the family of God by our creation.We enter into the family of God by our salvation.

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
        We don,t enter into the family of God by our creation.We enter into the family of God by our salvation.
        You teach false doctrine. I have the Spirit of God. You claim I don't.

Comment

You teach false doctrine. I have the Spirit of God. You claim I don't.
          No I dont teach falsely.. Only Jesus was born into the family of God.Everyone else requires salvation to be in the family of God.. If your claim was true Jesus died for no avail..

Comment

No I dont teach falsely.. Only Jesus was born into the family of God.Everyone else requires salvation to be in the family of God.. If your claim was true Jesus died for no avail..
            Jesus wasn't born into the family of God. That is blaspheme.

Jesus was BORN to a virgin. God partook of humanity in the incarnation. Jesus has always been GOD EVERLASTING!

Comment

Jesus wasn't born into the family of God. That is blaspheme.

Jesus was BORN to a virgin. God partook of humanity in the incarnation. Jesus has always been GOD EVERLASTING!
              Jesus was born from a woman as man and God. Jesus was sinless . Everyone else was born into sin. Jesus was the Son of God. Thats family if you ask me.

Comment

Jesus was born from a woman as man and God. Jesus was sinless . Everyone else was born into sin. Jesus was the Son of God. Thats family if you ask me.
                That is NOT the way to say it.

Comment

Like yourself. You've made up a ton of stuff that does not line up with the Scriptures.

Like seriously, there is not a single reputable student of the Scriptures that would argue that those at Corinth were mature believes eating meat....
                  Would you mind listing your "reputable students of the Scriptures", describe and prove their authority to claim anything, including their "reputation" that has so clearly satisfied you, and establish what qualifies them to nullify scripture at their convenience.

Thanks.

Yet, you have said this repeatedly and refuse to correct yourself. I've posted the Scriptures that contradict you multiple times and you keep saying the same falsehoods over and over again.
                  We've both posted scripture.

I've posted an exegesis of three chapters of 1 Corinthians, for which you created enough threads to bury to the second page without attempting to answer once.

Naaaah....you're better at ignoring the scripture than at establishing it without "reputable scholars" advice.

YOU... even went so far as to say there was only one chapter of the letters that contained a rebuke. YOU said this. Not me. I know better. I know its not true because I am a student of the Scriptures. I posted many verses that prove you wrong..... YET... You keep pretending it didn't happen.

YOU seems to have some problems.
                  Find me where I said there was only one chapter....You read my posts with the same attentiveness as that with which your read the scriptures themselves. I said he laid off rebuking after chapter 3...that's three chapters there, and I left off much in the subsequent chapters that should be highlighted as well. The point I was making is that the letter was to friends, to a church he planted, and to folks with names whom he knew intimately. He knew the good, the bad and the ugly...and highlighted each in its turn.
                  Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Would you mind listing your "reputable students of the Scriptures", describe and prove their authority to claim anything, including their "reputation" that has so clearly satisfied you, and establish what qualifies them to nullify scripture at their convenience.
                    How about providing one person that believe those at Corinth weren't babies?

Everyone believes they were babies except you. They believes this because of what Paul said...

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
                    1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Find me where I said there was only one chapter....
                    Be glad to. I'll be right back.....before I do.... Will you retract if I provide it?

That the way lies work. You can't keep a lie straight.... you forget what you're at in the lie........

Comment

How about providing one person that believe those at Corinth weren't babies?

Everyone believes they were babies except you. They believes this because of what Paul said...

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
                      1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
                      Then everyone reads the Bible like you do, and forget what Paul said...because this is how he addressed them before he began admonishing them:

I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge— even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you— so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

I don't see "baby", "babe", "children"...I see folks that have needs that will soon be addressed....Guess it depends on how you look at folks you don't know. Paul knew each of those to whom he addressed this letter...a fact that you seem to ignore.

Be glad to. I'll be right back.....before I do.... Will you retract if I provide it?
                      You won't find it...

That the way lies work. You can't keep a lie straight.... you forget what you're at in the lie........
                      And you will continue to berate...that seems to be the best you can do in civil discourse. The fact is, I don't recall that anyone on these boards who has been prone to call others "liars," "heretics", "antichrists", "demonized"...or other silly names has retracted their false accusation and apologized. Sadly, If that's the way you communicate disagreement, you won't ever see a problem with the tactic.
                      Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Then everyone reads the Bible like you do, and forget what Paul said...because this is how he addressed them before he began admonishing them:

I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge— even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you— so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
                        A desire. A prayer. Better yet, A UNDERSTOOD PRAYER..... Too bad Paul didn't pray it in an "unknown tongue". He would have gotten his answer

Yes. Paul desire MORE of them than they were giving him.

I don't see "baby", "babe", "children"...I see folks that have needs that will soon be addressed....
                        Can you read English?

You don't see babies because it doesn't fit your narrative. A narrative contrary to the Scriptures.

Guess it depends on how you look at folks you don't know. Paul knew each of those to whom he addressed this letter...a fact that you seem to ignore.
                        He did. Thus he SAID...

You won't find it...
                        Just wait....

Comment

For the forgetful. Its hard to keep those "stories" straight.

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/re...13#post5945813

Why are you so comfortable making stuff up? These weren’t a church in rebellion. Paul was answering their questions. He wasn’t writing the whole letting reprove them. One chapter of rebuke. The rest was excellent teaching response to their questions.

Comment

For the forgetful. Its hard to keep those "stories" straight.

Sigh....we’ll have to define teaching and reproof. The letters to the Corinthians represent what we have of Paul’’s most intimate. He knew the people better than at any other church.

Your contention that that they were entirely made up of babies is ludicrous. Then both Paul and Apollos failed to plant a church.
                            Pete

Comment

Sigh....we’ll have to define teaching and reproof. The letters to the Corinthians represent what we have of Paul’’s most intimate. He knew the people better than at any other church.

Your contention that that they were entirely made up of babies is ludicrous. Then both Paul and Apollos failed to plant a church.
                              I knew you wouldn't admit your mistake. You said that you didn't say what you clearly said.

Here are your words AGAIN...

Link to YOUR POST

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/re...01#post5955501

Here is where you said... what you didn't tell the truth about saying.

Link to your original statement.

Why are you so comfortable making stuff up? These weren’t a church in rebellion. Paul was answering their questions. He wasn’t writing the whole letting reprove them. One chapter of rebuke. The rest was excellent teaching response to their questions.
                              You're making UP your narrative and you can't keep that made narrative straight. That how "stories" work. You can't remember what you MADE UP. There is no foundation or anchoring truth to what you said. You just react and deny.

You obviously don't care that you did this. I means nothing to you. That is very telling.

Comment

I knew you wouldn't admit your mistake. You said that you didn't say what you clearly said.

Here are your words AGAIN...

Link to YOUR POST

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/re...01#post5955501

Here is where you said... what you didn't tell the truth about saying.

Link to your original statement.

Your links, due to the inadequacy of the software the forums are using, link me to an entire thread...not to a single post. And it doesn't matter...

I mistook you, as I often do here, for someone who is looking for an honest debate, and not someone who seeks to urge his brilliance onto anyone who would question his dogma.

You are clearly the latter, and I regret the post. He did not stop admonishing the Corinthians after a single chapter. You correctly pointed out a small number of issues he addressed in 1 Corinthians, and completely ignore the relational aspect of his post, as bent as you are on denigrating a church that was one of the Paul's greatest accomplishments.

Begin with this: Why did Paul stay for years in Corinth. This would be his very first long term mission. Do you remember?

He stayed there, not because he was addressing babies, but because he was directed to stay there by the Holy Spirit. Do you remember why? Here's what the Holy Spirit said about his people in Corinth: "One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: 'Do not be afraid; keep on speaking; do not be silent. For I am with you and no one will lay a hand on you, because I have many people in this city.' So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching the word of God among the Corinthians." Can you show me where God says, "I have many babies in this city?" Please...Paul was instructed to remain for a long time in Corinth, because of the number of folks God was calling before any had heard there was such a thing as a call...And God performed powerful miracles there, so that their faith would rest in the power of God, and not in the wisdom of man.

The entire context of scripture concerning Corinth, and Paul's relationships there argues volumes against your woefully myopic misgivings.
                                You're making UP your narrative and you can't keep that made narrative straight. That how "stories" work. You can't remember what you MADE UP. There is no foundation or anchoring truth to what you said. You just react and deny.

You obviously don't care that you did this. I means nothing to you. That is very telling.
                                Unfortunately, I do not have the time to do with sixteen chapters what I did with the three...and your avoidance of that effort does not encourage me to further effort. Exegeting an entire letter requires more than I'm willing to expend. Let this suffice: With each admonition, there is a personal note from Paul...each is in the context of things he has already said or things he has heard from friends that stem each from his personal knowledge of the church as a whole. Many of his comments address the sin of an individual, or a small group of individuals whose leaven could destroy the church. Most of what he writes is in response to questions they have asked by letter to him. To suggest that a church where an individual misbehaves is a church of babies is absolutely ludicrous.
                                Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X