Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mark Driscoll Resigns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mark Driscoll Resigns

    Another poster here made me aware that Mark Driscoll has resigned from the church he started. Mars Hill. I had mentioned that his cursing, and other things, turned me off and I thought what he was doing was not Biblical. The article stated he was not asked to leave but they did accept his resignation.

    QUOTE:
    Driscoll admitted to and apologized for comments he made under the pseudonym “William Wallace II” where he posted statements critical of feminism, homosexuality and “sensitive emasculated” men.

    The church-planting network he founded, Acts 29, removed Driscoll from its membership after influential leaders like Paul Tripp and James MacDonald stepped down from helping the church. LifeWay Christian Resources, the nation’s second largest Christian book retailer, pulled Driscoll’s books from its website and its 186 stores.

    In the past, Driscoll has been provocative, occasionally profane, and has faced more recent allegations of plagiarism and inflating his book sales. “Mistakes were made that I am grieved by and apologize for,” he said late last year of plagiarism charges.

    A front-page story in The New York Times on Aug. 23 had suggested that Driscoll’s empire was “imploding.”

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5991998.html
    Last edited by Beloved; 10-20-14, 01:18 PM.
    Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Beloved View Post
    Another poster here made me aware that Mark Driscoll has resigned from the church he started. Mars Hill. I had mentioned that his cursing, and other things, turned me off and I thought what he was doing was not Biblical. The article stated he was not asked to leave but they did accept his resignation.

    QUOTE:
    Driscoll admitted to and apologized for comments he made under the pseudonym “William Wallace II” where he posted statements critical of feminism, homosexuality and “sensitive emasculated” men.

    The church-planting network he founded, Acts 29, removed Driscoll from its membership after influential leaders like Paul Tripp and James MacDonald stepped down from helping the church. LifeWay Christian Resources, the nation’s second largest Christian book retailer, pulled Driscoll’s books from its website and its 186 stores.

    In the past, Driscoll has been provocative, occasionally profane, and has faced more recent allegations of plagiarism and inflating his book sales. “Mistakes were made that I am grieved by and apologize for,” he said late last year of plagiarism charges.

    A front-page story in The New York Times on Aug. 23 had suggested that Driscoll’s empire was “imploding.”

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5991998.html
    It was his abrasive style that eventually brought him down in the eyes of the world, but I think his own assessment, from the Huffington Post link you provided, is more accurate:

    I’m a guy who is highly competitive,” Driscoll said in a 2006 sermon. “Every year, I want the church to grow. I want my knowledge to grow. I want my influence to grow. I want our staff to grow. I want our church plants to grow. I want everything — because I want to win.”

    Driscoll conceded that he wouldn’t be content with remaining the same.

    “That’s my own little idol and it works well in a church because no one would ever yell at you for being a Christian who produces results. So I found the perfect place to hide,” he said.


    These megachurches are idolatrous. And they bring out the worst in competitive, ambitious people who want to number the flock rather than humbly leading them.
    "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Beloved View Post
      Another poster here made me aware that Mark Driscoll has resigned from the church he started. Mars Hill. I had mentioned that his cursing, and other things, turned me off and I thought what he was doing was not Biblical. The article stated he was not asked to leave but they did accept his resignation.

      QUOTE:
      Driscoll admitted to and apologized for comments he made under the pseudonym “William Wallace II” where he posted statements critical of feminism, homosexuality and “sensitive emasculated” men.

      The church-planting network he founded, Acts 29, removed Driscoll from its membership after influential leaders like Paul Tripp and James MacDonald stepped down from helping the church. LifeWay Christian Resources, the nation’s second largest Christian book retailer, pulled Driscoll’s books from its website and its 186 stores.

      In the past, Driscoll has been provocative, occasionally profane, and has faced more recent allegations of plagiarism and inflating his book sales. “Mistakes were made that I am grieved by and apologize for,” he said late last year of plagiarism charges.

      A front-page story in The New York Times on Aug. 23 had suggested that Driscoll’s empire was “imploding.”

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5991998.html
      I'm sure he is not perfect, by any means, but I like Mark Driscoll's style. No nonsense!

      Comment


      • #4
        I hafta admit, I started out not being such a fan, but in recent times, I've come to really like the guy. And I'll give him this much. At least he had the good graces to step down, unlike some of these hustlers out there that act like they are above discipline when they fall....and imo, while Driscoll seemingly didn't have the character to keep him where his gifting propelled him, he still didn't pull half the stuff these pastors out there pull, then try and pull rank when they are caught.

        I pray the brother and his family weather the storm they are in and come out better. His recent statements about what his family are going through is beyond horrifying. Why would anyone do to his family, what is being done? Freaks!

        Not sure why this is in the Emerging Church section, but that's ok.....

        Originally posted by JoshuaEdward View Post
        I'm sure he is not perfect, by any means, but I like Mark Driscoll's style. No nonsense!
        "I saw an angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free". ~~~Michelangelo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JesusFreakToo View Post
          I hafta admit, I started out not being such a fan, but in recent times, I've come to really like the guy. And I'll give him this much. At least he had the good graces to step down, unlike some of these hustlers out there that act like they are above discipline when they fall....and imo, while Driscoll seemingly didn't have the character to keep him where his gifting propelled him, he still didn't pull half the stuff these pastors out there pull, then try and pull rank when they are caught.

          I pray the brother and his family weather the storm they are in and come out better. His recent statements about what his family are going through is beyond horrifying. Why would anyone do to his family, what is being done? Freaks!

          Not sure why this is in the Emerging Church section, but that's ok.....
          It's here because he is borderline emergent and was linked early on to emergent church leaders. He pulled away but has been tainted with that. He wanted to be relevant to a younger generation and look and talk like them. He succeeded. However, he forgot about personal deportment, attitudes and what they say to others.

          His quote to the Huffington Post is a bit eerie. A younger senior pastor here in Olympia has said much the same thing--I want to win. I really like to win. I'm very competitive.

          The church members everywhere need to watch and pray, especially for those who are called to be leaders in the local church.

          God bless.

          -Speedy
          I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

          Comment


          • #6
            No doubt his ego got him in trouble but he seems to be in repent mode, which is more than I can say for most.....but I would never consider him "emergent", but that's just me. More like a Reformed guy who had a big Church and an ago problem, for which he has repented.....and is being restored, which is always a great thing.

            Originally posted by organgrinder View Post
            It's here because he is borderline emergent and was linked early on to emergent church leaders. He pulled away but has been tainted with that. He wanted to be relevant to a younger generation and look and talk like them. He succeeded. However, he forgot about personal deportment, attitudes and what they say to others.

            His quote to the Huffington Post is a bit eerie. A younger senior pastor here in Olympia has said much the same thing--I want to win. I really like to win. I'm very competitive.

            The church members everywhere need to watch and pray, especially for those who are called to be leaders in the local church.

            God bless.

            -Speedy
            "I saw an angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free". ~~~Michelangelo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JesusFreakToo View Post
              No doubt his ego got him in trouble but he seems to be in repent mode, which is more than I can say for most.....but I would never consider him "emergent", but that's just me. More like a Reformed guy who had a big Church and an ego problem, for which he has repented.....and is being restored, which is always a great thing.
              I couldn't agree more. This man is not emergent. I see nothing in Scripture that says leaders are perfect. I am also glad to see he took a step back to refocus.

              Comment


              • #8
                He was a good man

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by christdependent View Post
                  It was his abrasive style that eventually brought him down in the eyes of the world, but I think his own assessment, from the Huffington Post link you provided, is more accurate:

                  I’m a guy who is highly competitive,” Driscoll said in a 2006 sermon. “Every year, I want the church to grow. I want my knowledge to grow. I want my influence to grow. I want our staff to grow. I want our church plants to grow. I want everything — because I want to win.”

                  Driscoll conceded that he wouldn’t be content with remaining the same.

                  “That’s my own little idol and it works well in a church because no one would ever yell at you for being a Christian who produces results. So I found the perfect place to hide,” he said.


                  These megachurches are idolatrous. And they bring out the worst in competitive, ambitious people who want to number the flock rather than humbly leading them.
                  And Jeremiah the weeping Prophet didn't win popularity and get the Jews straightened out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They are splitting off all the branch churches. Did Driscoll speak to the other churches on Sunday on tv screens?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JoshuaEdward View Post
                      I'm sure he is not perfect, by any means, but I like Mark Driscoll's style. No nonsense!
                      While I have no problem with people being "direct" and aggressive, the content matters a great deal, and I have some big objections to some of the things he is reported to have said and done.

                      And his claims to being able to "see things" about the private lives of people are pretty unscriptural. For example, telling someone that he/she was molested by his/her grandfather at an early age....and to ask the grandfather if it isn't true....and then be informed by the person that the grandfather admitted to it.

                      Sorry...that doesn't ring true at all. Does it sound probable to you that a grandparent would readily admit to such a thing just by being asked? It IS a felony, you know...not to mention something people don't confess as a rule.

                      It's sad to me to see such a long list of things he said and did that Christians ought to have refused to tolerate in the church at all, let alone from their pastor....but the thing that brought him down was what he had to say about homosexuals and feminists....and some charges of plagiarism.

                      The world won't stand for that, but anything else goes. Especially making fun of Biblical patriarchs like Noah....and even Jesus Himself.
                      "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As far as Driscoll being "Emerging", QUOTE:According to Driscoll: “In the mid-1990s I was part of what is now known as the Emerging Church and spent some time traveling the country to speak on the emerging church in the emerging culture on a team put together by Leadership Network called the Young Leader Network.

                        “Now that the time has come to write, I am presenting this book as a contribution toward the furtherance of the emerging church in the emerging culture.” (Radical Reformission, p17) I invite you to turn the page and begin a radical journey with me as we explore what life in Christ can ]mean in the context of an emerging church in a changing world.” (Radical Reformission, p23)

                        He wrote, ‘A buzz got out about our church, and Christian pastors and leaders from around the country and the world began dropping in to check out what we were doing.’ This publicity put him in contact with Bill Hybel’s Willow Creek and the Leadership Network, which with Mark Driscoll’s help planted the seeds for the Emergent Church. Although Driscoll has since challenged and distanced himself from some of the teachings of his emergent friends, on his websites he has recommended books by contemplative writer, Richard Foster, Dallas Willard and a book called The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius.

                        I myself swim in the theologically conservative stream of the Emerging Church,” Driscoll claims to be “theologically conservative and culturally liberal.” Regarding the use of alcohol, Driscoll writes: “My Bible study convicted me of my sin of abstinence from alcohol,” at which time he “repented” and immediately began to drink alcohol. Driscoll’s church website notes that the church has “beer-brewing lessons whenever a large group of [Mars Hill] men get together.” This would be in keeping with his view of Jesus, who, according to Driscoll, began His public ministry at a wedding, where He “kicks things off as a bartender.”
                        END OF QUOTES

                        That should lay to rest whether Driscoll is part of the emerging church or not. In August was when the leaders of his church started delving into the ministry he didn't resign then. It wasn't only about his preaching but funds that were being misused among other things. Emerging church IMO is growing a church by any means. It doesn't seem to matter if it is Biblical or not. Driscoll uses standup comedy routines. He doesn't mind telling you he learned his preaching tactics by watching Chris Rock. This has no place in teaching/preaching the Words of a Holy God. That's worldly entertainment. Why on earth should he be applauded as a pastor? The word church should be deleted from Mars Hill and label it as a theater and treat it that way.

                        What has happened to our discernment?
                        Philippians 1:10:
                        9. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,
                        10. so that you may approve what is excellent, sand so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
                        11. filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.


                        Psalm 119:
                        125. I am your servant; give me understanding,that I may know your testimonies!
                        126. It is time for the Lord to act,for your law has been broken.
                        127. Therefore I love your commandments above gold, above fine gold.
                        128. Therefore I consider all your precepts to be right; I hate every false way.


                        Here's some of Driscoll's preaching tactics. To me, they might be funny on stage just making jokes in general but not in the pulpit when preaching the Word of God.
                        http://reformationanglicanism.blogsp...-driscoll.html

                        Driscoll sets the stage for more mocking of Scripture by describing the Old Testament as "a redneck ********* comedy." He laughs at Noah for getting drunk and ending up naked in his tent, and then compares him to "some redneck on vacation." Why would Driscoll find amusement or pleasure in seeing Noah's dignity reduced or undermined?

                        Without shame, he turns the issue of circumcision found in Galatians 5 into a crude "cut off your pickle joke."

                        Mocking and poking fun at Jesus and his family, Mark writes, ".....everytime they (the religious leaders) see Jesus, it agitates them that he is always surrounded by a crowd telling knock-knock jokes to miscreants who love his sense of humor because his perfection had to have included comedic timing." In other communications Mark refers to the King of Kings as "a dude" and uses word pictures depicting Him as "a prize-fighter with a tattoo down his leg..." In Driscoll's human attempt to make Jesus relevant, he turns the spotless lamb into a blemished lamb tarnished with the markings of the streets of Seattle. (The Radical Reformission, pg. 30.)

                        Mark had fun with the question whether or not Jesus went "potty." In response, according to Driscoll, "...yes, Jesus went number one and number two," but he did it "perfectly....never got the toilet all wet." What was the congregation’s response? They laughed. In Chris Rock style, Driscoll states he had to learn "to love Jesus without feeling like we had a thinly veiled homosexual relationship." He paints a similar dishonorable thought saying one of his former pastors taught him "to have a relationship with Jesus that did not feel like he was my lifelong prom date." (The Radical Reformission, pg. 14-15).

                        Song of Solomon, love and romance and intimacy; what it is, it's about us and Jesus.' Really?... I hope not…If I get to heaven and this goes down, I don't know what I'm gonna do.... I mean it's gonna be a bad day. Right? I mean seriously...'You dudes know what I'm talking about... You're like, "No, I'm not doing that... You know I'm not doing that... I love Him [Jesus] but not like that."

                        This lack of respect can also be seen in Driscoll's irreverent account of Jesus' family in his book Vintage Jesus. He writes, "Jesus' mom was a poor, unwed teenage girl who was often mocked for claiming she conceived by the Holy Spirit. Most people thought she concocted the crazy story to cover the fact she was knocking boots with some guy in the back seat of a car at the prom." A similar account is given in The Radical Reformission, stating Jesus "has a mom whom everyone thinks is a slut, a dad whom they think has the brilliance of a five-watt light bulb for believing the 'virgin birth line, and brothers who likely pummel him frequently, because even God would have to get at least one wedgie from his brothers if he were to be fully human."

                        Other reckless descriptions about the life of Christ surface in Mark's book stating that by the time Jesus was thirty years old He was "a classic underachiever with no wife, kids, stable career or even much of a home."

                        My understanding is that Jesus Christ saved my life. He died for me that I might be saved and have eternal life. God gave me life, he created this earth and all that's in it.I owe Him everything and certainly, I owe Him respect not ribald humor
                        Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mars Hill and all its churches are to be dissolved by the first of the year. Existing congregations can walk away, keep the buildings provided they pay the bills or join another fellowship. The mars Hill name is no longer to be used. There is an affiliated Mars Hill in Olympia that just got a building from another church last December. I know there is also one in Portland and several others in the area, too.

                          It is never good to see man claiming to be a pastor/man of God and his church to go through this. There is no rejoicing, but it definitely needed to happen. Other churches need to take a self-assessment.

                          God bless.

                          -Speedy
                          I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by organgrinder View Post
                            Mars Hill and all its churches are to be dissolved by the first of the year. Existing congregations can walk away, keep the buildings provided they pay the bills or join another fellowship. The mars Hill name is no longer to be used. There is an affiliated Mars Hill in Olympia that just got a building from another church last December. I know there is also one in Portland and several others in the area, too.

                            It is never good to see man claiming to be a pastor/man of God and his church to go through this. There is no rejoicing, but it definitely needed to happen. Other churches need to take a self-assessment.

                            God bless.

                            -Speedy
                            Yes, it is always a sad thing to see a church's lampstand removed. But it's even more distressing to me to see friends-of-the-world emulating the rebellious youth culture in their personal ambition, mocking Scripture under the pretext of being "cool", elevating sexual lust as a good thing, and treating the church as a football team to be managed to win the game.

                            This is in complete keeping with the warning to Timothy that in the end times, people will heap to themselves teachers for their itching ears and refuse sound doctrine. It just floors me when I realize that this stuff has been around for decades, and we have two full generations of Christians in name only to show for it, a nation in desperate moral decline, and yet this model continues to attract....for awhile.
                            "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beloved View Post
                              As far as Driscoll being "Emerging", QUOTE:According to Driscoll: “In the mid-1990s I was part of what is now known as the Emerging Church and spent some time traveling the country to speak on the emerging church in the emerging culture on a team put together by Leadership Network called the Young Leader Network.

                              “Now that the time has come to write, I am presenting this book as a contribution toward the furtherance of the emerging church in the emerging culture.” (Radical Reformission, p17) I invite you to turn the page and begin a radical journey with me as we explore what life in Christ can ]mean in the context of an emerging church in a changing world.” (Radical Reformission, p23)

                              He wrote, ‘A buzz got out about our church, and Christian pastors and leaders from around the country and the world began dropping in to check out what we were doing.’ This publicity put him in contact with Bill Hybel’s Willow Creek and the Leadership Network, which with Mark Driscoll’s help planted the seeds for the Emergent Church. Although Driscoll has since challenged and distanced himself from some of the teachings of his emergent friends, on his websites he has recommended books by contemplative writer, Richard Foster, Dallas Willard and a book called The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius.

                              I myself swim in the theologically conservative stream of the Emerging Church,” Driscoll claims to be “theologically conservative and culturally liberal.” Regarding the use of alcohol, Driscoll writes: “My Bible study convicted me of my sin of abstinence from alcohol,” at which time he “repented” and immediately began to drink alcohol. Driscoll’s church website notes that the church has “beer-brewing lessons whenever a large group of [Mars Hill] men get together.” This would be in keeping with his view of Jesus, who, according to Driscoll, began His public ministry at a wedding, where He “kicks things off as a bartender.”
                              END OF QUOTES

                              That should lay to rest whether Driscoll is part of the emerging church or not. In August was when the leaders of his church started delving into the ministry he didn't resign then. It wasn't only about his preaching but funds that were being misused among other things. Emerging church IMO is growing a church by any means. It doesn't seem to matter if it is Biblical or not. Driscoll uses standup comedy routines. He doesn't mind telling you he learned his preaching tactics by watching Chris Rock. This has no place in teaching/preaching the Words of a Holy God. That's worldly entertainment. Why on earth should he be applauded as a pastor? The word church should be deleted from Mars Hill and label it as a theater and treat it that way.

                              What has happened to our discernment?
                              Philippians 1:10:
                              9. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,
                              10. so that you may approve what is excellent, sand so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
                              11. filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.


                              Psalm 119:
                              125. I am your servant; give me understanding,that I may know your testimonies!
                              126. It is time for the Lord to act,for your law has been broken.
                              127. Therefore I love your commandments above gold, above fine gold.
                              128. Therefore I consider all your precepts to be right; I hate every false way.


                              Here's some of Driscoll's preaching tactics. To me, they might be funny on stage just making jokes in general but not in the pulpit when preaching the Word of God.
                              http://reformationanglicanism.****sp...-driscoll.html

                              Driscoll sets the stage for more mocking of Scripture by describing the Old Testament as "a redneck ********* comedy." He laughs at Noah for getting drunk and ending up naked in his tent, and then compares him to "some redneck on vacation." Why would Driscoll find amusement or pleasure in seeing Noah's dignity reduced or undermined?

                              Without shame, he turns the issue of circumcision found in Galatians 5 into a crude "cut off your pickle joke."

                              Mocking and poking fun at Jesus and his family, Mark writes, ".....everytime they (the religious leaders) see Jesus, it agitates them that he is always surrounded by a crowd telling knock-knock jokes to miscreants who love his sense of humor because his perfection had to have included comedic timing." In other communications Mark refers to the King of Kings as "a dude" and uses word pictures depicting Him as "a prize-fighter with a tattoo down his leg..." In Driscoll's human attempt to make Jesus relevant, he turns the spotless lamb into a blemished lamb tarnished with the markings of the streets of Seattle. (The Radical Reformission, pg. 30.)

                              Mark had fun with the question whether or not Jesus went "potty." In response, according to Driscoll, "...yes, Jesus went number one and number two," but he did it "perfectly....never got the toilet all wet." What was the congregation’s response? They laughed. In Chris Rock style, Driscoll states he had to learn "to love Jesus without feeling like we had a thinly veiled homosexual relationship." He paints a similar dishonorable thought saying one of his former pastors taught him "to have a relationship with Jesus that did not feel like he was my lifelong prom date." (The Radical Reformission, pg. 14-15).

                              Song of Solomon, love and romance and intimacy; what it is, it's about us and Jesus.' Really?... I hope not…If I get to heaven and this goes down, I don't know what I'm gonna do.... I mean it's gonna be a bad day. Right? I mean seriously...'You dudes know what I'm talking about... You're like, "No, I'm not doing that... You know I'm not doing that... I love Him [Jesus] but not like that."

                              This lack of respect can also be seen in Driscoll's irreverent account of Jesus' family in his book Vintage Jesus. He writes, "Jesus' mom was a poor, unwed teenage girl who was often mocked for claiming she conceived by the Holy Spirit. Most people thought she concocted the crazy story to cover the fact she was knocking boots with some guy in the back seat of a car at the prom." A similar account is given in The Radical Reformission, stating Jesus "has a mom whom everyone thinks is a slut, a dad whom they think has the brilliance of a five-watt light bulb for believing the 'virgin birth line, and brothers who likely pummel him frequently, because even God would have to get at least one wedgie from his brothers if he were to be fully human."

                              Other reckless descriptions about the life of Christ surface in Mark's book stating that by the time Jesus was thirty years old He was "a classic underachiever with no wife, kids, stable career or even much of a home."

                              My understanding is that Jesus Christ saved my life. He died for me that I might be saved and have eternal life. God gave me life, he created this earth and all that's in it.I owe Him everything and certainly, I owe Him respect not ribald humor
                              Excellent post, Beloved.
                              Exegesis - drawing out what God put into the scriptures so we can teach it.

                              Eisegesis - putting our own ideas into the scriptures and teaching that instead.

                              Easy Jesus - missing out great lumps of the Gospel message so that people will like what we teach.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X