Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Rob Bell Has Joined Oprah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Bell Has Joined Oprah

QUOTE: "Now, the man who built a church of an estimated 10,000 people isn’t even attending an organized church. Instead, he surfs the waves near Hollywood and has teamed up with the goddess of pop theology, Oprah Winfrey.

“The Rob Bell Show” will premiere Dec. 21 on the Oprah Winfrey Network, a one-hour show that features Bell and is co-produced by him. He also recently toured the country with Winfrey on a “Life You Want Weekend.”

Bell says he would conduct a same-sex ceremony, and he encourages churches to welcome gay members and allow them to be ordained.

“This is a justice issue,” Bell said. “We believe people should not be denied the right to have someone to journey with.”

Books & Culture, a journal published by Christianity Today, mocked Bell’s latest work, inventing a fake publishing executive to push the man behind the Gospel of Zimzum.

“He won’t talk about the cross, or sin, or the idea that marriage represents Jesus and his bride or God and Israel. So he’s not a Bible Christian, but really a Christian, then. Our new kind of Christian. Our evogelical,” the piece said.

And Florida pastor Dave Harvey, reviewing “Zimzum” for The Gospel Coalition, a central hub of the Reformed evangelical movement, criticized Bell for quoting the Bible only three times in the book: “If Christianity were outlawed and a mob amassed to burn Christian books, ‘The Zimzum of Love’ would not be at risk.”

Bell co-authored “Zimzum” with his wife, Kristen, and he said “she’s generally three steps ahead of me” in his evolution.

Now resettled near Los Angeles, the couple no longer belongs to a traditional church. “We have a little tribe of friends,” Bell said. “We have a group that we are journeying with. There’s no building. We’re churching all the time. It’s more of a verb for us.”

Many evangelicals are suspicious of Oprah, leery that she represents what many see as the worst of self-help spirituality. Bell, not surprisingly, disagrees once again.

“She has taught me more about what Jesus has for all of us, and what kind of life Jesus wants us to live, more than almost anybody in my life,” Bell said.

“Is she a Christian? That word has so much baggage, I wouldn’t want to answer for someone. When Jesus talks about the full divine life, you think, this is what he’s talking about.” end of quote

Between Rob Bell and Mark Driscoll it sounds like the Emerging Church is shrinking since both are gone from their churches. The ones that are left are worldly and preach a new gospel. I believe the Holy Spirit has left many of those churches. If they wanted to reach the un-churched they have accomplished their goals and entertainment is the key to their preaching, not the Gospel.
    Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith.

Well, let's not lump Bell in with Driscoll. Driscoll had his faults, but he didn't preach heresy like Bell. Bell is on his own, "heresy planet", if you will.

But, with that said....who didn't see this coming? I sure did! I'm sure OWN will be at the forefront of ushering in the anti-Christ, the Beast, and all of the new and kewel technology to make it all run to perfection!

Originally posted by Beloved View Post
    QUOTE: "Now, the man who built a church of an estimated 10,000 people isn’t even attending an organized church. Instead, he surfs the waves near Hollywood and has teamed up with the goddess of pop theology, Oprah Winfrey.

“The Rob Bell Show” will premiere Dec. 21 on the Oprah Winfrey Network, a one-hour show that features Bell and is co-produced by him. He also recently toured the country with Winfrey on a “Life You Want Weekend.”

Bell says he would conduct a same-sex ceremony, and he encourages churches to welcome gay members and allow them to be ordained.

“This is a justice issue,” Bell said. “We believe people should not be denied the right to have someone to journey with.”

Books & Culture, a journal published by Christianity Today, mocked Bell’s latest work, inventing a fake publishing executive to push the man behind the Gospel of Zimzum.

“He won’t talk about the cross, or sin, or the idea that marriage represents Jesus and his bride or God and Israel. So he’s not a Bible Christian, but really a Christian, then. Our new kind of Christian. Our evogelical,” the piece said.

And Florida pastor Dave Harvey, reviewing “Zimzum” for The Gospel Coalition, a central hub of the Reformed evangelical movement, criticized Bell for quoting the Bible only three times in the book: “If Christianity were outlawed and a mob amassed to burn Christian books, ‘The Zimzum of Love’ would not be at risk.”

Bell co-authored “Zimzum” with his wife, Kristen, and he said “she’s generally three steps ahead of me” in his evolution.

Now resettled near Los Angeles, the couple no longer belongs to a traditional church. “We have a little tribe of friends,” Bell said. “We have a group that we are journeying with. There’s no building. We’re churching all the time. It’s more of a verb for us.”

Many evangelicals are suspicious of Oprah, leery that she represents what many see as the worst of self-help spirituality. Bell, not surprisingly, disagrees once again.

“She has taught me more about what Jesus has for all of us, and what kind of life Jesus wants us to live, more than almost anybody in my life,” Bell said.

“Is she a Christian? That word has so much baggage, I wouldn’t want to answer for someone. When Jesus talks about the full divine life, you think, this is what he’s talking about.” end of quote

Between Rob Bell and Mark Driscoll it sounds like the Emerging Church is shrinking since both are gone from their churches. The ones that are left are worldly and preach a new gospel. I believe the Holy Spirit has left many of those churches. If they wanted to reach the un-churched they have accomplished their goals and entertainment is the key to their preaching, not the Gospel.
    Last edited by JesusFreakToo; 12-15-14, 01:54 PM.
    "I saw an angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free". ~~~Michelangelo

Comment

Adrift....

Both Bell and Winfrey are New Age, not Christian. It's really sad to see such massive influence, especially when a so-called "Christian" pastor sends the ship so dramatically off course.

Winfrey has made it a point to let the world know she was raised Baptist, but has seen the light. This is the epitome of Satan posing as such an angel, imo.

And the "emerging" church is bedazzled.
      "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

Comment

It is another example of western secularism courting any religious people who can make a religion look like it has atheist/secular values.
        Last edited by Galatians96; 01-12-15, 04:17 PM.

Comment

QUOTE:

It is a story somewhat like Solomon. At first there was great wisdom but then his "marriage" to many others led him astray and he never saw it coming. Hopefully, someday he will find his way back. He is a capable writer and a gifted communicator but then again so is Richard Dawkins. Let's pray for Rob, he certainly has gone astray.

Comment

Rob Bell is a heretic

Comment

Yes indeed bell and Driscoll are very different.

Originally posted by JesusFreakToo View Post
              Well, let's not lump Bell in with Driscoll. Driscoll had his faults, but he didn't preach heresy like Bell. Bell is on his own, "heresy planet", if you will.

But, with that said....who didn't see this coming? I sure did! I'm sure OWN will be at the forefront of ushering in the anti-Christ, the Beast, and all of the new and kewel technology to make it all run to perfection!

Comment

Originally posted by Galatians96 View Post
                It is another example of western secularism courting any religious people who can make a religion look like it has atheist/secular values.
                Explain this

Comment

Originally posted by JesusFreakToo View Post
                  Couldn't agree more!

Comment

The alarm bells (no pun intended) should ring with the book 'Love wins' Love has won. It cant win when it has already won.
                    ie God so loved the world that He gave His only son ...
                    1 John 4:10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Comment

Working...
                    X