Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is The Emerging/Emergent Church Movement really dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The Emerging/Emergent Church Movement really dead?

Is the Emerging/Emergent Church Movement really dead, or has it merely spread its ideology, infiltrating Christian Churches all over the world?

Originally posted by Aariel View Post
    Is the Emerging/Emergent Church Movement really dead, or has it merely spread its ideology, infiltrating Christian Churches all over the world?
    If THIS forum is any indicator, the emergant church movement seems to pop up its head, wither and die almost immediately.

In my own hometown I have never seen any sign of it existing in ANY of our Christian churches. NOT ONE. I don't think we need to worry much about it. It seems to be 'just another cult' that has come and gone.
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

It does exist in the Seattle area. I know of at least two churches there that identify with it.

Comment

I think as a movement its dead, even if a few 'churches' are left that thr movement started.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrainerd View Post
          I think as a movement its dead, even if a few 'churches' are left that thr movement started.
          Once something emerges, it is no longer emerging but is slowly becoming part of the leaven of existing churches. Subtle but it is there little by little. The old slogan "what one generation tolerates the next generation embraces.

I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Aariel View Post
            The Only Real Solid Place Is The "Emerging Village" A Blog Spot?

Tony H. Jones Spearhead, Who Is Also A Speaker And Blogger, His Twist Is Fighting For The Homosexuality LGBT Movement, He's A Fuller Theological Grad Pasadena, Ca

Doug Pagitt, Leader Solomons Porch Minneapolis Minnesotta, Still Preaching The Emerging Church, Yoga, Vegan, Holistic, Etc
            He Has A Radio Program

Brian D. Mclaren Was/Is A Leader, Appears He Is For Hire As A Guest Speaker, Going Around The Country, In All Denominations Presbyterian, Mennonite, Non-Denominational, United Methodist, Baptist, Schools, Convention Centers,

Appears His Current Theme Is Trumph, Racism, AND LGBT Rights

Unable To Obtain A Church Directory, Appears The Cult Leaders are Invited To Speak At Churches, Just Like John N. Darby And Dispensationalism Of The Late 1800's In America. It Spread Like Wild Fire Through Almost All Denominations, Conferences Etc

For The Most Part, They May Very Well Be Wolves In Sheep's Clothing, The Movement Is Somewhat Underground In My Opinion & Observation?
            Last edited by Truth7t7; 08-09-17, 12:32 AM.

Comment

This stuff is like a cancer. It is now infecting mainline churches. Our church just expunged two people that were espousing this stuff. One them left a nasty note in my church inbox a few weeks ago. It's very much alive and gone underground, but it's infecting the mainline churches now.
              I believe what God says in His word. I am a skeptic on everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                This stuff is like a cancer. It is now infecting mainline churches. Our church just expunged two people that were espousing this stuff. One them left a nasty note in my church inbox a few weeks ago. It's very much alive and gone underground, but it's infecting the mainline churches now.
                That is pretty much what I was going to say. Except for a few independent types, most of the emergent movement has been assimilated into mainline churches.

Comment

My church is reading McLaren's book: The Great Spiritual Migration: How the World's Largest Religion Is Seeking a Better Way to Be Christian

The Pastors and all of the Bible Study leaders were very impressed with this book. The Pastor is basing his sermons on it.

I have problems with this book and some of the things McLaren says in it.

He speaks of the "violent God" of the Old Testament vs the God of Love in the New Testament, ignoring that what he sees as a violent God in the Old Testament is God's judgment against sin.

In Chapter 1, McLaren uses Jesus' cleansing of the Temple to say that Jesus did not believe in animal sacrifices.

McLaren said: “It turns out that Jesus wasn’t the first to dare to question the architecture of appeasement.” McLaren mentions Hosea 6:6 and Isaiah 1 and 2 and Psalm 51, verse 17 as proof.

All the verses he cited are about God not accepting sacrifices without the right heart.

He ignored verse 19 in Psalm 51, which says: Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices,
                  whole burnt offerings; then bulls will be offered on Your altar.

This is dishonest to say the least.

I am amazed that my church has been taken in by Brian McLaren.

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                    My church is reading McLaren's book: The Great Spiritual Migration: How the World's Largest Religion Is Seeking a Better Way to Be Christian

The Pastors and all of the Bible Study leaders were very impressed with this book. The Pastor is basing his sermons on it.

I have problems with this book and some of the things McLaren says in it.

He speaks of the "violent God" of the Old Testament vs the God of Love in the New Testament, ignoring that what he sees as a violent God in the Old Testament is God's judgment against sin.

In Chapter 1, McLaren uses Jesus' cleansing of the Temple to say that Jesus did not believe in animal sacrifices.

McLaren said: “It turns out that Jesus wasn’t the first to dare to question the architecture of appeasement.” McLaren mentions Hosea 6:6 and Isaiah 1 and 2 and Psalm 51, verse 17 as proof.

All the verses he cited are about God not accepting sacrifices without the right heart.

He ignored verse 19 in Psalm 51, which says: Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices,
                    whole burnt offerings; then bulls will be offered on Your altar.

This is dishonest to say the least.

I am amazed that my church has been taken in by Brian McLaren.

Notify your pastor and elders (if there are any) of your position. Then leave. McLaren's teachings are poison.

-Speedy
                    I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

Comment

Originally posted by organgrinder View Post

Notify your pastor and elders (if there are any) of your position. Then leave. McLaren's teachings are poison.

-Speedy
                      I have attended this church for about 15 years, but have not joined because this church is too liberal.

I am reading this book:

https://www.christianbook.com/becomi...iAAEgLCI_D_BwE

It has a lot to say about Brian McLaren and his views and some are not pretty.

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

I have attended this church for about 15 years, but have not joined because this church is too liberal.

I am reading this book:

https://www.christianbook.com/becomi...iAAEgLCI_D_BwE

It has a lot to say about Brian McLaren and his views and some are not pretty.

So which on is it? You can PM if you are uncomfortable sharing publically. I lived in Olympia over 50 years.

-Speedy

Comment

So which on is it? You can PM if you are uncomfortable sharing publically. I lived in Olympia over 50 years.

-Speedy
                          I don't understand what you mean by: "so which on is it?" Please clarify what you mean. Thanks.

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by: "so which on is it?" Please clarify what you mean. Thanks.
                            Which church is the one you are attending ? Having trouble with my wireless keyboard and mouse. Will revert back to a wired connection. Thank you.

-Speedy

Comment

Which church is the one you are attending ? Having trouble with my wireless keyboard and mouse. Will revert back to a wired connection. Thank you.

-Speedy
                              United Methodist.

Comment

Working...
                              X