Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is The Emerging/Emergent Church Movement really dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by George View Post

    United Methodist.
    OK. Thought it might be a main-line.Then again, some of the non-denominationals float all over. Like trying to nail jello to the wall. Sad thing about this energent church movement is lack of solid doctrine and an extreme focus on the social gospel. A Lutheran pastor I knew in college 45 years ago concentrated on the social gospel figuring that engaging young people by helping others would draw them to a relationship with Jesus. He figured out it wouldn't work and went back to preaching a person needed to be "born again".

    Perhaps time you found a new fellowship that holds to the balanced truth of the Word of God. Unless your Methodist church leaders change, why fellowship in a church led by leaders who are going down the apostate road?

    -Speedy
    I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by organgrinder View Post

      OK. Thought it might be a main-line.Then again, some of the non-denominationals float all over. Like trying to nail jello to the wall. Sad thing about this energent church movement is lack of solid doctrine and an ******* focus on the social gospel. A Lutheran pastor I knew in college 45 years ago concentrated on the social gospel figuring that engaging young people by helping others would draw them to a relationship with Jesus. He figured out it wouldn't work and went back to preaching a person needed to be "born again".

      Perhaps time you found a new fellowship that holds to the balanced truth of the Word of God. Unless your Methodist church leaders change, why fellowship in a church led by leaders who are going down the apostate road?

      -Speedy
      Years ago one of the Pastors of this church said she could not believe Jesus was the only way to God. Pastors who followed her said the same even though Jesus said He was the only way.

      A couple years ago the senior Pastor held a study on Islam, which was an apologetic for Islam. He invited a Muslim lady to the last session to answer questions. He allowed her to leave some Islamic literature which included anti-Christian charges. I suggested that the Pastor hold another session so we could addressed those charges, but he refused.

      I know I am OK no matter what church I attend. Perhaps THIS church needs a squeaky wheel?

      Thanks for your input.

      They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by George View Post

        Years ago one of the Pastors of this church said she could not believe Jesus was the only way to God. Pastors who followed her said the same even though Jesus said He was the only way.

        A couple years ago the senior Pastor held a study on Islam, which was an apologetic for Islam. He invited a Muslim lady to the last session to answer questions. He allowed her to leave some Islamic literature which included anti-Christian charges. I suggested that the Pastor hold another session so we could addressed those charges, but he refused.

        I know I am OK no matter what church I attend. Perhaps THIS church needs a squeaky wheel?

        Thanks for your input.
        Squeaky wheels are great. IT just depends on how he Holy Spirit is leading. However, there will come a time when leaders will refuse to listen and those given the warnings will need to go for their own spiritual safety and benefit. What is happening in your Methodist church is no different than what happened to the United Methodist Church in Olympia even though I never attended there. Rainbow banners, inclusivity with no ministerial restrictions, social gospel and no solid preaching from the written Word of God. Might as well attend the Universal Unitarian Church where anything goes and all ways lead to heaven (contrary to what the Bible teaches).

        We are truly living in the last days as the prophets have foretold.

        God bless and I hope you are fellowshipping with other like-minded believers still in that church. You'll need each other.

        -Speedy
        I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace, called according to His purposes, made righteous and holy by faith in Jesus and who can now boldly enter the throne room of heaven itself.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by organgrinder View Post

          Squeaky wheels are great. IT just depends on how he Holy Spirit is leading. However, there will come a time when leaders will refuse to listen and those given the warnings will need to go for their own spiritual safety and benefit. What is happening in your Methodist church is no different than what happened to the United Methodist Church in Olympia even though I never attended there. Rainbow banners, inclusivity with no ministerial restrictions, social gospel and no solid preaching from the written Word of God. Might as well attend the Universal Unitarian Church where anything goes and all ways lead to heaven (contrary to what the Bible teaches).

          We are truly living in the last days as the prophets have foretold.

          God bless and I hope you are fellowshipping with other like-minded believers still in that church. You'll need each other.

          -Speedy
          Thank you for your support.

          They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by organgrinder View Post

            Squeaky wheels are great. IT just depends on how he Holy Spirit is leading. However, there will come a time when leaders will refuse to listen and those given the warnings will need to go for their own spiritual safety and benefit. What is happening in your Methodist church is no different than what happened to the United Methodist Church in Olympia even though I never attended there. Rainbow banners, inclusivity with no ministerial restrictions, social gospel and no solid preaching from the written Word of God. Might as well attend the Universal Unitarian Church where anything goes and all ways lead to heaven (contrary to what the Bible teaches).

            We are truly living in the last days as the prophets have foretold.

            God bless and I hope you are fellowshipping with other like-minded believers still in that church. You'll need each other.

            -Speedy
            Thank you for your support.
            They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

            Comment

            Working...
            X