Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Emergent church is dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergent church is dead

Nothing seems to be 'emerging' from it!
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Oh, I think it will always be appealing to a certain segment of the populous. Their basic premise of there being no "absolutes" is very inviting to anyone who wants to do everything just the way they personally feel like they should.
    The Bible very plainly states that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. That's a pretty durn good thing to be !
    "True eloquence consists in saying all that is necessary, and only that which is."
    François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
    Bill Everett - St. Petersburg, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
      Praise God! Just a bunch of "dreamers" and "new" hippies.....pretending to be "spiritual."
      "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

Comment

And it still remains dead. Just like its theologies (such as the are). . .

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by christdependent View Post
          Praise God! Just a bunch of "dreamers" and "new" hippies.....pretending to be "spiritual."
          One year later and it dissolves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Everett View Post
            Oh, I think it will always be appealing to a certain segment of the populous. Their basic premise of there being no "absolutes" is very inviting to anyone who wants to do everything just the way they personally feel like they should.

Perhaps to the NON-Christian populace, but NOT TO CHRISTIANS.

Comment

Sorry to appear ignorant, but what does 'Emergent Church' mean?

Comment

Originally posted by UtdFan View Post
                Sorry to appear ignorant, but what does 'Emergent Church' mean?
                That question helps to confirm Mr. Fish's point.

The "Emergent Church" is (was?) a movement in the early 2000s mostly in Protestant churches, which adopted the dogmas of a post-modern worldview, such as moral and methodological relativism, a weak form of universalism and non-dogmatic, anti-creedal "Christianity". The emphasis is placed not on scripture but upon personal feelings and experience. It is (was?) a movement more or less lead by Brian McClaren and others but which has been pretty dead for a long time now.

- BH

Comment

Originally posted by BrianH View Post
                  That question helps to confirm Mr. Fish's point.

The "Emergent Church" is (was?) a movement in the early 2000s mostly in Protestant churches, which adopted the dogmas of a post-modern worldview, such as moral and methodological relativism, a weak form of universalism and non-dogmatic, anti-creedal "Christianity". The emphasis is placed not on scripture but upon personal feelings and experience. It is (was?) a movement more or less lead by Brian McClaren and others but which has been pretty dead for a long time now.

- BH

No, it doesn't confirm anything. Rather it shows how subtle error is. It creeps in and corrupts until TRUTH is completely compromised.

Hosea 4:6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

It's deadly!
                  Last edited by Aariel; 10-17-15, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
                    Hello .....for sure you knew that this movement was forsure dead....even before those involved knew it. Have a good.....Blessed ....day....
                    Born From Above....Spirit Filled Christian.....that we may know how to behave in the house of God

Comment

As far as I can see, it is the Christian religions that are dead or dying, and what is emerging is a network of Jesus-followers. The oh so witty post saying "nothing seems to emerging from it" shows ignorance. The emergent church, so-called, is what emerges, from the institutional church, from ordinary society, from suffering communities, and so on. From my perspective here in the UK anyway, people are emerging to genuinely follow Jesus, in community and individually. More and more people are coming to realise that Jesus came less to save from atheism but more to save from religion. Religion will continue I imagine, and has it's place culturally, artistically, politically perhaps, but it does not give abundant life.
                      Last edited by Montmorency; 04-12-16, 06:42 AM.

Comment

had never heard of this, and i looked up to see.
                        it's horrible -- disguised as christian. sad.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post
                          had never heard of this, and i looked up to see.
                          it's horrible -- disguised as christian. sad.
                          The Emergent/Emerging heresies lead to spiritual death. Contrary to the OP they are still circulating in various enclaves.
                          https://bereanresearch.org/emergent-church/
                          Last edited by Eckyles; 08-31-18, 01:14 AM.
                          Who among us is eternally sentient of the past, present, and future except Christ Himself.
                          Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Comment

Originally posted by Eckyles View Post

The Emergent/Emerging heresies lead to spiritual death. Contrary to the OP they are still circulating in various enclaves.
                            https://bereanresearch.org/emergent-church/
                            I just know what’s not his when I see it.

Comment

The emergent church is dead to God always. But it lives in the world. And it will continue to live in the world. More than likely it is the visible church in the last days, the Laodicean church. (Rev. 3:20)

Quantrill

Comment

Working...
                              X