Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The refilling of archetypes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john t View Post
    So what you are doing is essentially taking these verses and parables and making pictures that echo what Romans 1:20 says, correct?

Matthew 7: 24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
    25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
    26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand

Romans 1: 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
    21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
    22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles

1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

2 Corinthians 4:. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
    4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Would that be a correct assessment of your thought process?
    yes. The refilling of His things with "images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles."

except its done maliciously, to steer souls away from Him by confusing them with false images. Which can be done with words, by rearranging the words of others, via gaslighting. The pictures was just a graphic form.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post

yes. The refilling of His things with "images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles."

except its done maliciously, to steer souls away from Him by confusing them with false images. Which can be done with words, by rearranging the words of others, via gaslighting. The pictures was just a graphic form.
      Everyone is someone else's heretic. Your claim that others have falsified the truth is cheap to say and nearly impossible to prove.

How do you know that the image you CHOOSE to perceive is the absolute truth? It is one persons interpretation over another, that is all there is in the end. What ultimately happens is that people subconsciously tend to congregrate in the group where they feel safest or with the largest group, as if the many must be right.

When I was a young man I asked my pastor what is true, and his answers was, "What the Bible says". I accepted his answer at the time, but now that I have grown up, I realize he did not answer the question, because the Bible says different things to different people, just as people can look at the same image and see something different in it.

Maybe that is why Jesus said, no one comes to the truth unless the Father draws him. Reading the Bible and going to church alone is not enough. Ultimately, the Father must reveal himself to an individual, then the heavens open, the trumpet sounds, and the angel sings.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him"

"Many are called, few are chosen"

"
      Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord,...’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;’
      Last edited by docphin; 08-05-17, 08:14 AM.
      We shall not injure God by remaining ignorant of Him, but shall deprive ourselves of His friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by docphin View Post

Everyone is someone else's heretic. Your claim that others have falsified the truth is cheap to say and nearly impossible to prove.

How do you know that the image you CHOOSE to perceive is the absolute truth? It is one persons interpretation over another, that is all there is in the end. What ultimately happens is that people subconsciously tend to congregrate in the group where they feel safest or with the largest group, as if the many must be right.

When I was a young man I asked my pastor what is true, and his answers was, "What the Bible says". I accepted his answer at the time, but now that I have grown up, I realize he did not answer the question, because the Bible says different things to different people, just as people can look at the same image and see something different in it.

Maybe that is why Jesus said, no one comes to the truth unless the Father draws him. Reading the Bible and going to church alone is not enough. Ultimately, the Father must reveal himself to an individual, then the heavens open, the trumpet sounds, and the angel sings.

"
        Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord,...’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;’
        I didn't claim anything. I explained how I understand archetypes and that they can be refilled. I personally feel there are things that mimi reality and mimic Him.

Im pondering your post and reply more later. Thank you.

Comment

Everyone is someone else's heretic.
          Not really. This is why a person has to have a sole standard of truth whereby to test all things. For the Christian it has to be God's word, the Holy Scriptures. It is the Christian's final authority on all matters spiritual and moral.

Since Jesus said: "Thy word is Truth," and God is the source of all Truth, we must measure all things by God and His word.

The main reason why the Bible says different things to different people is because not everyone who reads it is spiritually born again. The lost cannot rightly divide the word of God. It is foolishness to those who are perishing as it is spiritually discerned. This is why we have different interpretations.

Jesus said we must have faith that is like a child's and that the kingdom of God is like little children. Kids believe quite easily. An adult loses that by reasoning, logic, etc. The Scriptures aren't to be approached that way.

Your pastor was correct. You just grew up and stopped believing by rationalizing and over analyzing. If one isn't careful, this can lead to loss of faith
          Last edited by Jake1254; 08-05-17, 03:21 PM.

Comment

"
            I guess i cannot really quite anything other than Jake1254 said.
            Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post
            Jesus said we must have faith that is like a child's and that the kingdom of God is like little children. Kids believe quite easily. An adult loses that by reasoning, logic, etc. The Scriptures aren't to be approached that way..
            I agree with him. I liked that very much.

Comment

"
              It is not necessarily true that most congregate in a group that is huge or safe or agrees with them. A lot of folks don't even know what they believe.Many just go to one that is local. The Born again Believer chooses a Bible believing, Bible teaching church.

I understand what you are saying about the Bible saying different things to different people, but the born again Believer has the Holy Spirit who teaches, illuminates, etc. The lost has only their human reasoning and what seems to make sense to them with the natural mind.

When the Father draws us, how do we come to Him? Is it by faith or something else?

What does "many are called, few are chosen," mean?

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post

I guess i cannot really quite anything other than Jake1254 said.

I agree with him. I liked that very much.
                Of course, you believe what the Bible says to you, just as others believe what it says to them. Of course you think others lack faith to believe what you do, just as others think you lack faith to believe what they do. Can you not see my point that what people believe to be true is relatiive to how one interprets the Bible, and people subconsciously or consciously congregrate with those who interpret the Bible as they do, hence most of those on this forum are probably Protestant and of which a large portion affiliate with evangelicals.

I only brought this up because you inveigh against different sects of Christianity who do not believe as you do or who do not see the same image in the same way as you do. I am just poiting out the bias in your judgment of others. Of course, you are free to believe whatever you want as we all do, including myself.

After writing on this forum for several years now I am starting to realize that people who are deceived do not know that they are deceived and do not even consider the probability that they are deceived. Even when faced with rational evidence that what they believe is not likely to be true, they hold onto it. Apparently, the most effective deception is the one that is unseen by many.
                We shall not injure God by remaining ignorant of Him, but shall deprive ourselves of His friendship.

Comment

Of course, you believe what the Bible says to you, just as others believe what it says to them. Of course you think others lack faith to believe what you do, just as others think you lack faith to believe what they do. Can you not see my point that what people believe to be true is relatiive to how one interprets the Bible, and people subconsciously or consciously congregrate with those who interpret the Bible as they do, hence most of those on this forum are probably Protestant and of which a large portion affiliate with evangelicals.

I only brought this up because you inveigh against different sects of Christianity who do not believe as you do or who do not see the same image in the same way as you do. I am just poiting out the bias in your judgment of others. Of course, you are free to believe whatever you want as we all do, including myself.

After writing on this forum for several years now I am starting to realize that people who are deceived do not know that they are deceived and do not even consider the probability that they are deceived. Even when faced with rational evidence that what they believe is not likely to be true, they hold onto it. Apparently, the most effective deception is the one that is unseen by many.
                  Actually I don't believe others lack faith since that's a generalization. I have a thread only God decides who goes to hell. It's not my job to judge individual souls. Also, I recognize each soul is unique and has their own eyes and language.

Actually i never inveigh against specific souls. Also I only post in apologetics because technically I'm a heretic. I agree that people, because they are in their 'i' interpret scripture differently. All I say is that He is the truth and can be experienced and seen.

Mental and logical interpretations of scripture arent of interest to me. I'm interested in how the soul experiences and sees His archetypes.

I don't feel what I've said invalidates what jake said. I don't know jakes religious affiliations. I don't have except 1. I'm Christian. I'm not into arguments about sola scripture or trinity or canons since I find all the arguments arising in fallen logic,
                  using the fallen infrastructure to reason. Popes gurus and interpreters, walls of quotes - dont interest me.

Im interested in the soul meeting God and experiencing the Word. If I criticized a sect, I criticize them all.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post

It is not necessarily true that most congregate in a group that is huge or safe or agrees with them. A lot of folks don't even know what they believe.Many just go to one that is local. The Born again Believer chooses a Bible believing, Bible teaching church.

I understand what you are saying about the Bible saying different things to different people, but the born again Believer has the Holy Spirit who teaches, illuminates, etc. The lost has only their human reasoning and what seems to make sense to them with the natural mind.

When the Father draws us, how do we come to Him? Is it by faith or something else?

What does "many are called, few are chosen," mean?
                      The many are the professing Christians who do not know what they lack, but the few who are chosen are on the path to truth because they know they lack something that only God can fill.

The truth is like a treasure that is buried in a field. When one finds it he sells everything he owns to buy the field and procures the treasure.

God is a fisherman. He casts a wide net and draws up many fish, but he chooses the biggest ones and returns the others to the sea.

God is a master who appreciates when his servants use the talents given them to make more but he rejects the one who takes the talent that he has and secures it in a vault.

I have seen that those who claim to be found are usually lost, and those who claim to be lost may be found, because the former are resting and the latter know their need.

I think the Father knows the name of those who will respond to him and he speaks their name before they are born and when they hear their name they will recognize it and know that he has always loved them.
                      Last edited by docphin; 08-06-17, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X