Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Reincarnival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reincarnival

I don't want a scientist or genius or mystic telling me reincarnation is true and I've been here before when one little baby saying it would remove all doubt.
    My imaginary friend is smarter, and meaner than me. Both what I would never, and could never dream up if I were able to want to... Proof bites.

Originally posted by Kokugno View Post
    I don't want a scientist or genius or mystic telling me reincarnation is true and I've been here before when one little baby saying it would remove all doubt.
    No Problem. Reincarnation is a satanic LIE.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

No Problem. Reincarnation is a satanic LIE.
      Bet you were a peach in your last life...
      My imaginary friend is smarter, and meaner than me. Both what I would never, and could never dream up if I were able to want to... Proof bites.

Comment

We should be able to order a custom fetal unit to reincarnate into at will by now, as a matter of routine... It'd be a business. THE Business... We'd get good at, or fake it with medicines and machines.

Comment

Bet you were a peach in your last life...
          Since there's only ONE life, the comment is meaningless.

Comment

Since there's only ONE life, the comment is meaningless.
            Well...it's not to be taken literally. That doesn't mean it is necessarily meaningless, though it probably still is, just not for that reason.

Comment

That doesn't mean it is necessarily meaningless,
              But it's still nothing but a satanic LIE.

Comment

But it's still nothing but a satanic LIE.
                Not that I disagree, but to argue it in a way that those who lean towards believing it will be willing to listen to, a bit of nuance and subtly is needed. The EVIL! Lie! Repent ye sinners! bit is true too, but has the exact opposite effect... That being the case, let me assume the role of devil's advocate...

There are numerous, inexplicable and credible reports of children spontaneously recalling events they've never lived through like we may remember a blast from the past. Parental influence and cultural cues or information casually picked up have been systematically eliminated as the source... How do you explain these kids?...and if "Satan" is your only answer, then why would God give the devil access to such an innocent mind to do his bidding through?

Reincarnation in itself doesn't require a specific God or the obvious dismissal of any, doesn't negate Jesus Christ, our fallen nature, need of redemption or morality as a whole (or does it?)... How does it benefit Satan to convince people it is true? ...Other than a couple passages that seem to directly contradict it (like those are hard to find on any topic), and it being conspicuous by it's absence, how does it pull us away from God as you see it?

Comment

credible reports of children spontaneously recalling events they've never lived through like we may remember a blast from the past. Parental influence and cultural cues or information casually picked up have been systematically eliminated as the source... How do you explain these kids?

Easy - they're being fed information by demonic entities who were there.

and if "Satan" is your only answer, then why would God give the devil access to such an innocent mind to do his bidding through?
                  For the same reason that demonic entities have access to YOUR mind, and everybody else's, mine included, and the "Visib;e CHurches" as a whole have been and are superstitiously AFRAID of even dealing with the subject.

Reincarnation in itself doesn't require a specific God or the obvious dismissal of any, doesn't negate Jesus Christ, our fallen nature, need of redemption or morality as a whole (or does it?).
                  Sure it does - is makes salvation unnecessary, since you supposedly get as many chances to "Get it right"as you need, so who needs a savior????

. How does it benefit Satan to convince people it is true?
                  Answered above - since you only get ONE life to get it right, if satan can convince you that you'll get another chance - you can live however you want in the belief that you'll repent - "later". But there is no "later".

Next question??

Comment

You don't believe God gives extra protection from demons to children?

Comment

Next question??
                      Slightly off topic, but since you asked...

Walking into the door you're knocking on...

Comment

You don't believe God gives extra protection from demons to children?
                        Why would I believe that He does?

1 Cor 7:14 tells about a believer "sanctifying the mate", and that having some effect on the children, but that's about it. If the demonic can talk to YOU why couldn't it talk to little Johnny??

Comment

Why would I believe that He does?

1 Cor 7:14 tells about a believer "sanctifying the mate", and that having some effect on the children, but that's about it. If the demonic can talk to YOU why couldn't it talk to little Johnny??
                          Because it's goal isn't just talking, it is seducing, corrupting, and recruiting more into battle against God and an older person has learned some truths to girder their vulnerabilities with. As in the lowly material world, a child requires more protection than adults do. In the Spiritual realm, we can try, but it is mostly up to God to keep evil powers away from those with no self defenses yet.

Comment

Because it's goal isn't just talking, it is seducing, corrupting, and recruiting more into battle against God and an older person has learned some truths to girder their vulnerabilities with. As in the lowly material world, a child requires more protection than adults do. In the Spiritual realm, we can try, but it is mostly up to God to keep evil powers away from those with no self defenses yet.
                            ANd you don't feel that Parents properly raising and instructing their children have any part of that? Like it or not, the demonic HAS ACCESS to human minds, and It KNOWS where the "buttons" are and how to push 'em.

Comment

ANd you don't feel that Parents properly raising and instructing their children have any part of that?
                              Of course parents play a huge part in that... But why should a little kid already saddled with lousy parents then be more susceptible to demonic influence because of it? They in particular deserve additional protection from God to make up for their parents slack...

Like it or not, the demonic HAS ACCESS to human minds, and It KNOWS where the "buttons" are and how to push 'em.
                              The younger a child, the less mind it has developed. God allowing the devil easy access and the power to goad a relatively innocent child into declaring miraculous lies in order to deceive people, doesn't strike me as exactly loving...(I know it doesn't have to, but the devil has ample grown up and willingly corrupt tools to use. Why hand our kids over as well?)

Comment

Working...
                              X