Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Life After Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Life After Death

    Near death experiences have given us a window to the other side. Millions of people have experienced them. Over 700 people every day in the US are having one. What can we learn from their experiences about Life after death?

    No two NDE's are exactly the same, but many share similar experiences, and the core message seems to be the same. It appears that NDE's are tailored to the individual, but what we learn from the other side is: it's absolute peace, and love. People experience their life outside of time and space, and they see the thoughts and experiences of others. There is a strong sense of connection, and understanding for every person who ever lived. Near Death Experience teaches us about empathy, and agape love. That we're loved, and accepted for who we are. The true judge is ourselves. The purpose of life, isn't to get "saved", but to learn the value of creation.

    What biblical experience comes close to describing these sensations?

  • #2
    Don't seek for experience and sensations instead seek to find and know the One True Almighty God so read and love His Word and God will speak to you and guide you, love, and forgive you and you can join His eternal family!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
      Don't seek for experience and sensations instead seek to find and know the One True Almighty God so read and love His Word and God will speak to you and guide you, love, and forgive you and you can join His eternal family!
      Thanks GISMYS, but I'm trying to spark a conversation. I'm open to hear your thoughts provided it's on topic. I'm not receptive to being evangelized to if that's your intent.

      What are your thoughts on Near Death Experiences?

      Eric

      Comment


      • #4
        Hebrews 9:27 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
          Hebrews 9:27 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
          Are you trolling me?

          Comment


          • #6

            The purpose of life is to open our eyes to Truth and to come to know the One True God Jesus as our Lord and Savior because all our eternity depends on it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by souldude View Post

              Thanks GISMYS, but I'm trying to spark a conversation. I'm open to hear your thoughts provided it's on topic. I'm not receptive to being evangelized to if that's your intent.

              What are your thoughts on Near Death Experiences?

              Eric
              ERic...

              I had a NDE a few years ago. It sure eliminates the fear of death. I have never felt such peace and the strangest thing about it is that I was totally aware that there was no passage of time... now that is a very different feeling.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              I read a report by some professionals a long time ago that a NDE can be influenced by the mindset of the person having it. That may have some merit because a friend of mine who is not a religious person actually died on the operating table and felt no out of body experience at all.

              noble

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by noble View Post

                ERic...

                I had a NDE a few years ago. It sure eliminates the fear of death. I have never felt such peace and the strangest thing about it is that I was totally aware that there was no passage of time... now that is a very different feeling.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                I read a report by some professionals a long time ago that a NDE can be influenced by the mindset of the person having it. That may have some merit because a friend of mine who is not a religious person actually died on the operating table and felt no out of body experience at all.

                noble
                Thanks for sharing your story Noble. That makes sense to me as well, but I know Atheists have had profound NDE experiences and some experience Hell too. My theory why some people feel nothing is because they don't remember it. One example of this theory is dreaming. We dream when we sleep, but most of the time we don't remember dreaming. But another possible theory is if your soul never leaves the body, it wasn't your time to go or experience an NDE. People who experience NDE's often never feel like coming back to their bodies, which implies you have the choice to leave or return.

                From your perspective does that make any at all?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by souldude View Post

                  Thanks for sharing your story Noble. That makes sense to me as well, but I know Atheists have had profound NDE experiences and some experience Hell too. My theory why some people feel nothing is because they don't remember it. One example of this theory is dreaming. We dream when we sleep, but most of the time we don't remember dreaming. But another possible theory is if your soul never leaves the body, it wasn't your time to go or experience an NDE. People who experience NDE's often never feel like coming back to their bodies, which implies you have the choice to leave or return.

                  From your perspective does that make any at all?
                  Yes, they may just not be aware and I have heard about the Hell experience before .

                  It is a very interesting thing for sure.
                  In my case I never had any choice to make about coming back. What happened is there was a TV in my hospital room which in the NDE was the whitest of white colored and suddenly I saw there was motion on the screen and I knew time was passing again. At that point all the pain returned and I was back to reality.

                  noble

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The evidence for the authenticity of NDEs is superior to that for Jesus' resurrection, despite the fact that the resurrection is far more crucial to our salvation. To demonstrate why, I will start a thread in the Apologetics section on "NDEs and ADCs (near-death experiences and after-death contact): Afterlife Verifications." Please participate and share your reactions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have an extensive background with Near Death Experiences. Because it is still an open question as to what NDEs even
                      are, I believe you have to be very careful in attaching too much significance to the content. The reality is, NDEs are all over the map in terms of content (primarily meaning the "message"). Whatever NDEs are, I believe it is clear that they are not literal "visits to the other side" but are heavily influenced by the experiencer.
                      We all tend to pick and choose those NDEs we like and reject those we don't. Even NDE experiencers do this to other NDE experiencers: "My experience and my interpretation of it are the TRUTH. Your experience, or at least your interpretation of it, are not." For many years (and perhaps still now), the International Association for Near Death Studies, supposedly a serious research organization, was dominated by a feel-good NDE "theology" and a distinct anti-Christian bias.
                      At this point, I believe NDEs provide pretty compelling evidence for the survival of consciousness after death - this and nothing more. The core NDE phenomenon as originally described by Raymond Moody is at least "broadly consistent" with mainstream Christian theology. It is CERTAINLY more consistent with Christianity than with any other religion. Buddhism (a favorite of many in the NDE community)? No way.
                      Another problem with the NDE phenomenon is that, as with many other anomalous phenomena, the field has now become so popular and polluted that almost any hack could (and many do) concoct a "convincing" NDE to serve whatever political or religious agenda the hack is promoting. I said in the early days that I was not interested in any NDE unless the experiencer could demonstrate by full access to medical records that he or she was in fact medically NEAR DEATH. But now the NDE community, even including organizations like IANDS, is fully accepting of characters who were not in any medical crisis at all when their "NDEs" occurred.
                      Although I am not an NDE experiencer, my background does include a considerable number of anomalous experiences including After Death Communications, I do believe that NDEs are closely related to ADC dreams, which are very different from "regular" dreams. These experiences, and my decades of study of such experiences, have greatly enhanced my Christian faith. I am not troubled by them in the slightest or concerned that they might be demonic - with the caveat that I am talking about experiences that have come to me of their own initiative, without any effort by me to seek them out. When people start seeking and inviting occult experiences, they are likely to open doors they will sorely regret having opened. A true NDE, of course, is not a "sought out" experience.
                      One of my favorite NDEs was in the very early days. A woman experiencer said "I was shown the secret of the universe. It was really, really simple. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was." I'd believe her way before I'd give any credence to any of the "celebrity" experiencers with their multiple books, massive websites and endless appearances (all promoting versions of the "NDE truth" that are all over the map).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Subatomic View Post
                        I have an extensive background with Near Death Experiences. Because it is still an open question as to what NDEs even

                        are, I believe you have to be very careful in attaching too much significance to the content. The reality is, NDEs are all over the map in terms of content (primarily meaning the "message"). Whatever NDEs are, I believe it is clear that they are not literal "visits to the other side" but are heavily influenced by the experiencer.
                        We all tend to pick and choose those NDEs we like and reject those we don't. Even NDE experiencers do this to other NDE experiencers: "My experience and my interpretation of it are the TRUTH. Your experience, or at least your interpretation of it, are not." For many years (and perhaps still now), the International Association for Near Death Studies, supposedly a serious research organization, was dominated by a feel-good NDE "theology" and a distinct anti-Christian bias.
                        At this point, I believe NDEs provide pretty compelling evidence for the survival of consciousness after death - this and nothing more. The core NDE phenomenon as originally described by Raymond Moody is at least "broadly consistent" with mainstream Christian theology. It is CERTAINLY more consistent with Christianity than with any other religion. Buddhism (a favorite of many in the NDE community)? No way.
                        Another problem with the NDE phenomenon is that, as with many other anomalous phenomena, the field has now become so popular and polluted that almost any hack could (and many do) concoct a "convincing" NDE to serve whatever political or religious agenda the hack is promoting. I said in the early days that I was not interested in any NDE unless the experiencer could demonstrate by full access to medical records that he or she was in fact medically NEAR DEATH. But now the NDE community, even including organizations like IANDS, is fully accepting of characters who were not in any medical crisis at all when their "NDEs" occurred.
                        Although I am not an NDE experiencer, my background does include a considerable number of anomalous experiences including After Death Communications, I do believe that NDEs are closely related to ADC dreams, which are very different from "regular" dreams. These experiences, and my decades of study of such experiences, have greatly enhanced my Christian faith. I am not troubled by them in the slightest or concerned that they might be demonic - with the caveat that I am talking about experiences that have come to me of their own initiative, without any effort by me to seek them out. When people start seeking and inviting occult experiences, they are likely to open doors they will sorely regret having opened. A true NDE, of course, is not a "sought out" experience.
                        One of my favorite NDEs was in the very early days. A woman experiencer said "I was shown the secret of the universe. It was really, really simple. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was." I'd believe her way before I'd give any credence to any of the "celebrity" experiencers with their multiple books, massive websites and endless appearances (all promoting versions of the "NDE truth" that are all over the map).
                        I personally believe all NDE's are real visits to the other side, and a credit to a larger understanding of the universe. NDE's can be different, because we're all different. Even people who've experience a negative NDE usually get a glimpse of the light, or "heaven". For that reason I firmly disagree that anyone's interpretation is wrong. Some people see Jesus, other's Buddha, other's Muhammad, and some see their family, friends they've never met, a white light, or "Source". Whatever be the case those experiences are all equally valid interpretations of the other side.

                        What appears to us as hallmarks of our state of mind and beliefs are really Source and Spirit communicating together in union. Like it states in scripture. "What you bind or loose on earth will be bounded or loss in heaven." There's truth to that saying.

                        I think all these experiences are beautiful and deeply personal. I will agree with you that some people will try and discredit other peoples experience on the merit of religion or culture.

                        The other side is home, and we recycle our consciousness many times over. So in a literal way, we all are "experts" of transitioning and being reborn.
                        Last edited by souldude; 06-07-18, 05:02 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Berserk View Post
                          The evidence for the authenticity of NDEs is superior to that for Jesus' resurrection, despite the fact that the resurrection is far more crucial to our salvation. To demonstrate why, I will start a thread in the Apologetics section on "NDEs and ADCs (near-death experiences and after-death contact): Afterlife Verifications." Please participate and share your reactions.
                          Well I'm not a Christian, so I don't cater to the idea that Salvation is a prerequisite to having a union with God on the other side. The Source is an entity of energy that we all emanate from. If however you experience your greatest spiritual awakening through Christianity, then I hope you never leave that religion. Do what your soul calls on you to do. Be free, and live a life of purpose and meaning. That for me is the purpose of our lives on earth. I will be more than happy to participate in those discussions. Thanks for sharing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Our purpose in life is to seek and find Truth=God OR we will live in the lies and deceptions of satan. All our choice!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by souldude View Post
                              Near death experiences have given us a window to the other side. Millions of people have experienced them. Over 700 people every day in the US are having one. What can we learn from their experiences about Life after death?

                              No two NDE's are exactly the same, but many share similar experiences, and the core message seems to be the same. It appears that NDE's are tailored to the individual, but what we learn from the other side is: it's absolute peace, and love. People experience their life outside of time and space, and they see the thoughts and experiences of others. There is a strong sense of connection, and understanding for every person who ever lived. Near Death Experience teaches us about empathy, and agape love. That we're loved, and accepted for who we are. The true judge is ourselves. The purpose of life, isn't to get "saved", but to learn the value of creation.

                              What biblical experience comes close to describing these sensations?
                              The problem is that satanic realm also gives nde...

                              so first find what realm a soul adheres...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X