Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Excuses used over the years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rod.ney View Post
    Wakey wakey again noble, Philippians 3:21 is God's say so that He will TRANSFORM our Lowly bodies into our new Heavenly Glorious bodies! So yes indeed Jesus will NOT kill the still Alive Lowly bodies of His Believers, at that Coming! Thus He just Transforms them as they are still Alive! Conclusion, Those still Alive in 1 Thess.4:17 are the ones that Never sleep ( have their lowly bodies die noble - as per that Mystery in 1 Cor.15:51 )! They are also the ones in John 11:26 that Never Die! The Believers that do have their Lowly bodies Die ( or Sleep noble ), are the ones in John 11:25 and 1 Thess.4:16! Case closed! Noble's Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of these posted scriptures ( As is off the pages in the Bible ) remains 100% refuted!
    Rod , hopefully everybody is aware of your idea from Phil 3:21..

You missed the part where you have to make this all fit with the generation of John, ANdrew, James and Peter. ANY resurrection of dead people in that generation would mean they are raised as spiritual people IN heaven and would mean they LIVE there now as spirits in spiritual bodies.

So Rod Jesus had a private conversation with 4 men and He told those 4 men this:

29 Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door.

You know perfectly well Rod that one of the 'things' Jesus talked about was the great trib and the parousia.

Rod tell us what generation Jesus was talking to and about.

noble

Comment

• PTL. believers will receive new immortal physical body like Jesus.
      1 Corinthians 15:52
      51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.…
      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]our resurrection bodies [/COLOR]are[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)] our earthly bodies, only glorified. The bodies we receive in the resurrection will have the same qualities as the glorified resurrection body of Christ. “We know that when He appears we shall be like Him“ (1 John 3:2).[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
        PTL. believers will receive new immortal physical body like Jesus.
        1 Corinthians 15:52
        51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.…
        [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]our resurrection bodies [/COLOR]are[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)] our earthly bodies, only glorified. The bodies we receive in the resurrection will have the same qualities as the glorified resurrection body of Christ. “We know that when He appears we shall be like Him“ (1 John 3:2).[/COLOR]
        We will have the same nature of body as Jesus has. You say He has a physical body and I say He doesn't.

Jesus went to heaven 2000 years ago .... no one has seen anything physical in space since and they are searching every day from all over the world... how come nobody has seen a physical body out there?

noble

Comment

• Jesus's resurrection body was a physical body. Proof is He ate fish

Luke 24:35-48

While they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed, he asked them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of baked fish; he took it and ate it in front of them.
          John 19:37

When Jesus returns=="They will look on the one they have pierced."

Comment

• Jesus was manifested in a TEMPORAL body that could be seen wheras eternal bodies cannot, proven by 2 Cor. 4:18. Thus, it's impossible for a physical body to be immortal, imperishable or eternal.
            "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workmen that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15

Comment

• Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
              Jesus's resurrection body was a physical body. Proof is He ate fish

Luke 24:35-48

While they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed, he asked them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of baked fish; he took it and ate it in front of them.
              John 19:37

When Jesus returns=="They will look on the one they have pierced."

What in blazes is this overpowering compulsion of every one of you people resisting to answer even the very simplest of questions. The only answer I can get to in my mind is every one of you futurists know you are completely up your nose and you just babble out anything to cling to you phony ideas.

NOw to your so-called proof of Jesus physical body...He ate fish... yes He sure did, in fact He ate twice we know of and probably three times.

Jesus manifested Himself those three times as John tells us here in John 21:14 NASB

14 This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to the disciples, after He was raised from the dead.

I use the NASB here because it follows the original language very well as the the word phaneroō according to Strong means

to make manifest or visible or known what has been hidden or unknown, to manifest, whether by words, or deeds, or in any other way

To manifest to NOT A SPIRIT , Jesus had to be a spirit before tHe manifested.

noble

Comment

• Originally posted by Sower View Post
                Jesus was manifested in a TEMPORAL body that could be seen wheras eternal bodies cannot, proven by 2 Cor. 4:18. Thus, it's impossible for a physical body to be immortal, imperishable or eternal.
                How's things Sower, haven't heard from you a lot lately.....

I just posted the same thing you did, sorry for the duplication people.

YOu know Sower I used to think I could deal with anti-bible people just forever, but this is getting so sickening I'm starting to doubt it.... I'm kind of thinking that talking to my horses all day would be less frustrating...... they don't know much about the bible either...but.....

noble

Comment

Jesus was manifested in a TEMPORAL body that could be seen wheras eternal bodies cannot, proven by 2 Cor. 4:18. Thus, it's impossible for a physical body to be immortal, imperishable or eternal.
                  100% WRONG because Jesus REAL Immortal resurrection Temple/body is Physical as per His own say so in John 2:19-22 & Luke 24:39 - " It is I, Myself " - physical Flesh & Bones and Not a Spirit, concerning His Resurrection body that is NOT Temporal Sower! Jesus ( God-Man ) remains the Same Forever as per Heb.13:8! - -- - Luke 24:39 New International Version (NIV)

39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” ------------------- This is His REAL resurrection body and NOT just a Temporal manifested body, that both you & noble Wrongfully say because you two think ( Man's word or Twisting - 2 Peter 3:16 ) His Real resurrection body is nonphysical like a spirit!

Comment

• As per Jo. 2:19-22 &24:39, Jesus had a TEMPORAL earthly body because he not yet been glorified...Jo. 7:39
                    "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workmen that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15

Comment

As per Jo. 2:19-22 &24:39, Jesus had a TEMPORAL earthly body because he not yet been glorified...Jo. 7:39
                      Hi, Sower! Gladta C U back! Hope all is well with you & yours!

I agree somewhat, but I believe Jesus was in the body He died in, til He returned to heaven. That body was modified, of course, to enable it to live again, but that wasn't hard for GOD to have done. In the Revelation, I believe John saw Him in His permanent, glorious body.

Comment

• Hi Roby,

Glad we somewhat agree but Jesus was not in the modified body he died in, or Mary who knew him intimately surely would not have mistaken him for the gardener, see Jo. 20:11-15.

Comment

• Hi Noble,

We posted the same thing because we read and believe the same Holy Bible. I have been reading your post and you're doing an excellent job of defending the truth. obviously, the Lord gave you an extra measure of patience to respond to the same futurist errors day in and day out. However, if one earnest seeker come to the truth your labor will not be in vain.

Comment

Hi Noble,

We posted the same thing because we read and believe the same Holy Bible. I have been reading your post and you're doing an excellent job of defending the truth. obviously, the Lord gave you an extra measure of patience to respond to the same futurist errors day in and day out. However, if one earnest seeker come to the truth your labor will not be in vain.
                            Thank you. I was spurred on a bit by a couple of people who did see the light a little.

Take care...

noble

Comment

• Originally posted by Rod.ney View Post
                              100% WRONG because Jesus REAL Immortal resurrection Temple/body is Physical as per His own say so in John 2:19-22 & Luke 24:39 - " It is I, Myself " - physical Flesh & Bones and Not a Spirit, concerning His Resurrection body that is NOT Temporal Sower! Jesus ( God-Man ) remains the Same Forever as per Heb.13:8! - -- - Luke 24:39 New International Version (NIV)

39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” ------------------- This is His REAL resurrection body and NOT just a Temporal manifested body, that both you & noble Wrongfully say because you two think ( Man's word or Twisting - 2 Peter 3:16 ) His Real resurrection body is nonphysical like a spirit!
                              Jesus REAL resurrection body is the same as our REAL resurrection body will be SPIRITUAL..."It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body; there is a natural body and there is a spiritual body." 1 Cor.15:44

There are no other options.
                              Last edited by Sower; 02-17-17, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Noble,

Sower, Noble is NOT doing too well in PROVING the parousia, etc. have already happened. Can YOU do any better? Or, will you admit that preterism is false?

Comment

Working...
                                X