Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The transfiguration - what was transfigured?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The transfiguration - what was transfigured?

28 “Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

I realize there a few different opinions of what when and how this all shakes out. I have my own ideas of this, but it is a topic which I have never found verses to lock in solid understanding. I wonder if I see the understandings of others if any lights will come on.

I think some do not consider the transfiguration to be what is talked about in verse 28 so I'd be interested in thi ideas too. I feel it wul be referring to verse 28 but have no verses lock it in there for keeps.

Six days later Jesus *took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and *led them up on a high mountain by themselves. 2 And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

Anyway what thoughts are out there cncerning the transfiguration.

noble

The disciples present saw Jesus in His glory, as much as their eyes could take in. He caused them to know Moses and Elijah, as nthere were no pics of them to ID them. That was Jesusbeginning to come in His kingdom. When he returns, He will have Mo & Lige with Him, as well as the souls of all other deceased saints.

Comment

Originally posted by roby3 View Post
      The disciples present saw Jesus in His glory, as much as their eyes could take in. He caused them to know Moses and Elijah, as nthere were no pics of them to ID them. That was Jesusbeginning to come in His kingdom. When he returns, He will have Mo & Lige with Him, as well as the souls of all other deceased saints.
      Keep going Roby, I'm really curious what futurists get from this too.

noble

Comment

Originally posted by noble View Post

Keep going Roby, I'm really curious what futurists get from this too.

noble
        Nuffin to keep going about, past what Scripture sez.

Comment

Originally posted by roby3 View Post

Nuffin to keep going about, past what Scripture sez.
          Okay thanks.

noble

Comment

The transfiguration - what was transfigured?
            Not "What", WHO - Jesus

Next question?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Not "What", WHO - Jesus

Next question?
              Yes okay, but HOW? Jesus arrived there as Jesus 1 and left as Jesus 2...but what was the change in Jesus?

I have never found other verses (other than Peter) which help me understand this event, do you have any suggestions.

Comment

Yes okay, but HOW?
                God did it.

Jesus arrived there as Jesus 1 and left as Jesus 2...but what was the change in Jesus?
                He arrived as "Jesus", and left as "Jesus". Why would you think there was any "Change" in Jesus. The only CHANGE occurred between His DEATH, and His RESURRECTION.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

God did it.

He arrived as "Jesus", and left as "Jesus". Why would you think there was any "Change" in Jesus. The only CHANGE occurred between His DEATH, and His RESURRECTION.
                  What makes me think there was a massive change in Jesus is nothing but a feeble thought in my -mind which I have never been able to tear down or beef up from other verses. In my mind the transfiguration is actually Jesus returning to non flesh and becoming fully God again. As I said that is nothing but a hunch and I base it only on a gut feeling. I have tried for years to find more information and what I have found is NOTHING to write the idea off , NOTHING to confirm it.

noble

Comment

What makes me think there was a massive change in Jesus is nothing but a feeble thought in my -mind which I have never been able to tear down or beef up from other verses. In my mind the transfiguration is actually Jesus returning to non flesh and becoming fully God again. As I said that is nothing but a hunch and I base it only on a gut feeling. I have tried for years to find more information and what I have found is NOTHING to write the idea off , NOTHING to confirm it.

noble
                    Noble,

I believe, the transfiguration of Jesus was a display of the glory Jesus had with the Father before the world began.

However, it seem to me, if Jesus had returned to non-flesh and become fully God at the transfiguration, He would not have been able to DIE on the cross!

Just my thoughts!
                    "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workmen that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15

Comment

Originally posted by Sower View Post

Noble,

I believe, the transfiguration of Jesus was a display of the glory Jesus had with the Father before the world began.

However, it seem to me, if Jesus had returned to non-flesh and become fully God at the transfiguration, He would not have been able to DIE on the cross!

Just my thoughts!
                      Hey how are you doing, hope your summer is going well.

Good thought there and you're probably right. It is a nagging idea I've had for years and wish it would lock in or go away!

Thanks for responding.

noble

Comment

Hey how are you doing, hope your summer is going well.

Good thought there and you're probably right. It is a nagging idea I've had for years and wish it would lock in or go away!

Thanks for responding.

noble

Hi Noble,

Interesting topic!

The fact it's been nagging you for years indicate there is some important truth to be learned. I hope you get the answer locked in, and look forward to your sharing it on the forum.

My summer is going great, and I hope yours is too!

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workmen that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15

Comment

Originally posted by Sower View Post

Hi Noble,

Interesting topic!

The fact it's been nagging you for years indicate there is some important truth to be learned. I hope you get the answer lockeuble gettin in the thing!!!!d in, and look forward to your sharing it on the forum.

My summer is going great, and I hope yours is too!

One problem, we have a rather large boat and we are old and having trouble getting in the thing. Trying to sell and downsize... I guess that is not really bad in the scheme of things is it. Yep having fun, laughing quite a bit and all is well.

Comment

One problem, we have a rather large boat and we are old and having trouble getting in the thing. Trying to sell and downsize... I guess that is not really bad in the scheme of things is it.
                            No, some might wish to be in your situation!

Yep having fun, laughing quite a bit and all is well.
                            Glad all is well!

Keep laughing, having fun and sharing the Word of God, knowing your labor is not in vain, and the Lord will take care of the things that concern you.

Comment

28 “Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

I realize there a few different opinions of what when and how this all shakes out. I have my own ideas of this, but it is a topic which I have never found verses to lock in solid understanding. I wonder if I see the understandings of others if any lights will come on.

I think some do not consider the transfiguration to be what is talked about in verse 28 so I'd be interested in thi ideas too. I feel it wul be referring to verse 28 but have no verses lock it in there for keeps.

Six days later Jesus *took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and *led them up on a high mountain by themselves. 2 And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

Anyway what thoughts are out there cncerning the transfiguration.

noble
                              Yes, they were those who were did not taste death until they see him come into His Kingdom, Yet the 144,000 are still alive to this day and have not tasted death such as the apostle John.
                              You will notice that the disciples wanted to make 3 tabernacles for their glorified bodies?
                              The feast of Tabernacles is when Jesus was born as he is our Emmanuel, God with us and is also when his holy body will be birthed Rev.!2:5, and changed in the twinkling of an eye as they are caught up to the throne of God as their frail bodies/tents/vessels/tabernacles are torn down (they over come their flesh)and are given their glorified heavenly one.
                              The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X