Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Preterism has been completely debunked here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noble View Post

What would be the problem if Jesus is all done with the building of me.... maybe He got fed up trying to smarten me up!!!!!!!!!!!

I should tell you that I had an NDE and everything seemed to be just fine. I feel quite confident that I will get the thumbs up at 2 COR 5:10. If not I'm off doing the back-stroke in the sulfur lake!... just like everybody else, up or down, He'll decide!

noble
    Okay, then,...I will build you as God's church since Jesus ceased....LOL

C'mon bro, you and I both know that the Holy Ghost is BUSY in our lives, and the Holy Ghost founded our walk with God, and the only reason we are even interested in the Bible is the WORK of God in our lives.

So, let go of your presuppositions as I have had to and let Jesus continue to build, because He never rests and is the master builder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truther View Post

Tom, your explanation in red was very unclear and still is.

Now, was Mary the biological mother of Jesus, whose egg mated with a created sperm cell made by God or not?

Or, did God skip the egg/sperm process in the womb and implant an embryo?(which makes Jesus NOT the biological son of man)
      Tom replies

Those are the words of scripture

If they are not good enough for you I don't know what to tell you

I will not go beyond what the scriptures state

I believe Mary was his mother as scripture states

Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

The fact is however The second person pre-existed his birth to the virgin and was deity before the worlds were created

Do you believe that ?

and BTW you have not answered my question

Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

• Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.
        The fact is however The second person pre-existed his birth to the virgin and was deity before the worlds were created
        Do you believe that ?

Do you think Jesus was implanted as a "God/man"?

I bet you do.

This is why you refuse to answer my very simple question.

Fact is, there are 2 explanations one must process.

#1.....Jesus was an implant and not the biological son of Mary(son of man).

#2.....Jesus was formed by the Father as a sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg and was qualified to be both the son of God AND the son of man.

#2.... would make both God and Mary equal contributors to the man Christ Jesus, and is the correct Biblical interpretation to the verses which rightly call him, both son of God and son of man.

Comment

• The second person pre-existed his birth to the virgin and was deity before the worlds were created
          Do you believe that ?

In the mind of God, Jesus existed in real time.

God even speaks of Jesus in the millennial reign in Psalm 2, in real time.....

Psalm 2 King James Version (KJV)

2 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

....in the present tense.

God was not waiting around for His only begotten son to be born, but was talking to His only begotten son right here in this verse.

Comment

• Tom, the begotten son was in heaven during Psalm 2.,

Look at what begotten means....

be·get
            bəˈɡet/
            verb
            literary
            1. 1.
              (typically of a man, sometimes of a man and a woman) bring (a child) into existence by the process of reproduction.

Now can you begin to see why Jesus came from the womb of Mary?

Did you know that God knew Jeremiah before he was conceived?

Did you know that God knows everyone before they are conceived?

Now can you see how God spoke to His human, begotten son before he was conceived?

Comment

Do you think Jesus was implanted as a "God/man"?

I bet you do.

This is why you refuse to answer my very simple question.

Fact is, there are 2 explanations one must process.

#1.....Jesus was an implant and not the biological son of Mary(son of man).

#2.....Jesus was formed by the Father as a sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg and was qualified to be both the son of God AND the son of man.

#2.... would make both God and Mary equal contributors to the man Christ Jesus, and is the correct Biblical interpretation to the verses which rightly call him, both son of God and son of man.
              Tom replies

Do you have difficulty reading ?

I told you exactly what my position is and why

The bible does not give us the mechanics of the incarnation

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

Do you believe that ?

And you still have not answered my question,.

Unlike your question however what I questioned you about the bible does speak of.

Why is it you do not answer ?

Comment

Tom replies

Do you have difficulty reading ?

I told you exactly what my position is and why

The bible does not give us the mechanics of the incarnation

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

Do you believe that ?

And you still have not answered my question,.

Unlike your question however what I questioned you about the bible does speak of.

Why is it you do not answer ?

Your position is "I dunno"?

Fine with me.

I answered your question 3 posts ago, didn't you see it?
                Last edited by Truther; 02-12-18, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Okay, then,...I will build you as God's church since Jesus ceased....LOL

C'mon bro, you and I both know that the Holy Ghost is BUSY in our lives, and the Holy Ghost founded our walk with God, and the only reason we are even interested in the Bible is the WORK of God in our lives.

So, let go of your presuppositions as I have had to and let Jesus continue to build, because He never rests and is the master builder.
                  If it feels good do it..

But no, I will continue on as I always have, believing as I always have.

Comment

• Originally posted by noble View Post

If it feels good do it..

But no, I will continue on as I always have, believing as I always have.
                    Noble, don't do me like that.

Comment

Noble, don't do me like that.
                      Can't lie... I will continue to believe as I have unless someone, anyone...shows me some biblical places to improve.

noble

Comment

Your position is "I dunno"?

Fine with me.

I answered your question 3 posts ago, didn't you see it?
                        Tom replies

My position is I do not speak where the bible does not speak

As for what you wrote a couple of posts ago there was this

The second person pre-existed his birth to the virgin and was deity before the worlds were created
                        Do you believe that ?

You replied

but the question was
                        The second person pre-existed his birth to the virgin and was deity before the worlds were created
                        Do you believe that ?

Comment

Tom replies

My position is I do not speak where the bible does not speak

As for what you wrote a couple of posts ago there was this

Do you believe that ?

You replied

but the question was
                          Do you believe that ?
                          I dont believe in a so called "second person".

God is not divided into persons.

Where/when did that idea originate, anyway?

Comment

Comment

Tom replies

Finally a direct answer to

but the question was

Do you believe that ?

Where did the idea originate ?

With scripture

Jn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                              2 The same was in the beginning with God.
                              3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
                              4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

There is the God and there is the logos One was with the other and both are called God

Comment

Tom replies

Finally a direct answer to

but the question was

Do you believe that ?

Where did the idea originate ?

With scripture

Jn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                                2 The same was in the beginning with God.
                                3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
                                4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

There is the God and there is the logos
                                One was with the other and both are called God

Wait Tom.

Who invented the 2 person idea?

Does it say 2 persons in our Bibles?

Am I supposed to believe there are 2 persons in the Godhead without finding out who first said it?

Aren't you curious about the founders of your beliefs?

Comment

Working...
                                X