Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

All the futurist farce items disappear when we prove the time of the GT and Parousia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noble View Post

Just read my last post to you....I responded to this in that post.

noble
    Tom replies

It was hogwash

om replies

Sorry your reading and your comprehension are defective here

First you still have not come to grips with

1 Corinthians 15:23-26 (KJV) 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then
    comeththe end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

The last opposing enemy is death

second as stated

and Rom 5:14 does not help you[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Romans 5:12-14 (KJV) 12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

It simply shows that until the giving of the law though men had not sinned in the manner of Adam by breaking a commandment of God nevertheless they still died

It does not state a single thing about death ending and it simply concerns the time before the law

that is the focus of the passage the time when there was no law. The period is from Adam to Moses in particular as the passage show until the law

Romans 5:13

For until the law sin was in the world—
    As death reigned from Adam to Moses, so also did sin. Now, as there was no written law from Adam to that given to Moses, the death that prevailed could not be the breach of that law; for sin, so as to be punished with temporal death, is not imputed where there is no law, which shows the penalty of sin to be death.

Adam Clarke's Commentary.

Verses 13, 14. For until the law sin was in the world
    —that is during all the period from Adam "until the law" of Moses was given, God continued to treat men as sinners.

A Commentary: Critical, Experimental, and Practical on the Old and New Testaments.

The point is clear until the law was given men could not have sin imputed unto them based on personal sin

Nevertheless during that period from the time of Adam to the giving of the law men died- death reigned

The focus is on that time period only and there is no mention of death being abolished after that time

You need to read the text not your theology

Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

• TomL

Nope, sorry Tom my understanding of those verses hasn't changed and you have offered NOTHING to convince me otherwise.. In fact Tom if you go back thru your own posts you will see that all you ever do is QUOTE the verses...... fat lot of good that does,, some of you people read....."became a life giving spirit" as Jesus became a physical bodied man" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noble

Comment

TomL

Nope, sorry Tom my understanding of those verses hasn't changed and you have offered NOTHING to convince me otherwise.. In fact Tom if you go back thru your own posts you will see that all you ever do is QUOTE the verses...... fat lot of good that does,, some of you people read....."became a life giving spirit" as Jesus became a physical bodied man" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noble
        How many TIMES must you be CORRECTLY told that Jesus is God-Man and as God His Omnipresent Spirit has Always been life-giving FOREVER noble! Thus His Omnipresent Spirit ( as God - Psalm 139:7/John 4:24, noble ) could NOT become that life-giving spirit in 1 Cor.15:45! Thus as a Man ( with a human, body, soul, and spirit ) it had to have been His non life-giving human spirit ( Not His Flesh & Bone resurrection body of Luke 24:39 noble ) that became a life-giving spirit in that verse! After all, Jesus ( God-Man as per John 1:1+14 noble ) REMAINS the SAME ( God-Man - because He Raised or resurrected His dead Temple/Body as per John 2:19-22 noble ) FOREVER as per Hebrews 13:8! Case closed on your so called Bodiless body and nonphysical body! The readers can still see your Dilemma noble!

Comment

TomL

noble
          Tom replies

Your hogwash remains hogwash

After life giving spirit we have

Luke 24:39 (ESV)
          39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

and

1 Corinthians 15:47-49 (ESV)
          47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.
          48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
          49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

seems we will bear the image of a man (human being)

Comment

• Rod.ney;

How many TIMES must you be CORRECTLY told that Jesus is God-Man and as God His Omnipresent Spirit has Always been life-giving FOREVER noble!
            Yes Rod Jesus had always been life giving so He could not BECOME life giving...He always had been LIFE GIVING! Jesus had been a physical bodied entity so it was possible for HIm to become a spirit... you know like He WAS as He spoke in the prison..?????????????????

Rod can I once again than you and the other guy for the unbelievable opportunity to constantly put the alternative view in front of people of the web!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus His Omnipresent Spirit ( as God - Psalm 139:7/John 4:24, noble ) could NOT become that life-giving spirit in 1 Cor.15:45!
            No , nothing about Jesus could BECOME life giving at this time because He became life giving billions of years ago and still is life giving. Jesus could however, become NON-flesh or spiritual bodied after His time on earth when He was flesh and blood.. yes Jesus could BECOME that.

Thus as a Man ( with a human, body, soul, and spirit ) it had to have been His non life-giving human spirit ( Not His Flesh & Bone resurrection body of Luke 24:39 noble ) that became a life-giving spirit in that verse!
            There is not even a hint of any logic that can lead a thinking person to that conclusion.... Jesus became a spirit..JUST as He was in the prison, JUST as He was as He met with Paul, JUST as He was in my church last Sunday.

After all, Jesus ( God-Man as per John 1:1+14 noble ) REMAINS the SAME ( God-Man - because He Raised or resurrected His dead Temple/Body as per John 2:19-22 noble ) FOREVER as per Hebrews 13:8! Case closed on your so called Bodiless body and nonphysical body! The readers can still see your Dilemma noble!
            When and where did Jesus raise the body He was in for John 2:19. That body was flesh and blood with no wounds? When did Jesus appear in that body as He said He would do.... or in your doctrine did Jesus lie here?

Oh yes your ever popular Hebrews 13:8... for Rod to get this to work he has to extend the trinity to a four-ity because Jesus can't be spirit before He became physical so there was no Jesus before He became flesh...the guy that created heaven and earth was the 'Word'... you know the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit AND the Word!!!!

I wonder if Hebrews 13:8 could actually mean...

7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.

Dies the above clear up the below for any one?
            8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

noble

Comment

• TomL;

After life giving spirit we have

39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
              AND after we have Luke 24 we have Jesus meeting Paul and coming to my church. As well we have John 21:14 which you have no choice but to ignore... it would be a doctrine killer to admit where the three appearances were wouldn't it. Glad I don't have to avoid certain obviously literal verses from the bible

47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.
              48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
              49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

seems we will bear the image of a man (human being)
              There's your problem... the bible says we will bear the image of the heavenly man... here is the heavenly man...

Colossians 1:15 [ The Supremacy of the Son of God ] The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
              1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Tell the people how Jesus entered the room where He showed the wounds.

noble

Comment

TomL;

AND after we have Luke 24 we have Jesus meeting Paul and coming to my church. As well we have John 21:14 which you have no choice but to ignore... it would be a doctrine killer to admit where the three appearances were wouldn't it. Glad I don't have to avoid certain obviously literal verses from the bible

There's your problem... the bible says we will bear the image of the heavenly man... here is the heavenly man...

Colossians 1:15 [ The Supremacy of the Son of God ] The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
                1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

noble
                FYI again noble, even if His resurrection body were nonphysical ( like you WRONGFULLY say it is ), it still could NOT be in thousands of churches at the EXACT same time on Sunday! Thus it has to be His Omnipresent Spirit ( as God ) and Not his human resurrection body ( as Man ) that was in all those thousands of churches last Sunday! So put a Stop to Try-ing to use that as Proof that His real resurrection body is nonphysical like His Spirit is, noble! Luke 24:39 is all the Proof that is needed to prove His real resurrection body is supernatural Flesh & Bones - " It is I, Myself " and NOT your so called nonphysical spirit, noble! Case closed on nonphysical bodies and Bodiless bodies because there is NO such thing noble! So stop forgetting that Jesus is God-Man ( Both fully God and Fully Human as a Man ) Forever as per John 1:1+14 in conjunction with Heb.13:8, noble!

Comment

TomL;

noble
                  Tom replies

And after your church we have

Corinthians 15:47-49 (ESV)
                  49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the
                  man
                  of heaven.

and

Acts 17:31 (ESV)
                  31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

While you have no evidence of Christ being a spirit when speaking to Paul the word of God tells us we will be judged by a man and bear the image of a man

Give it up Noble

Comment

• Originally posted by Rod.ney View Post
                    FYI again noble, even if His resurrection body were nonphysical ( like you WRONGFULLY say it is ), it still could NOT be in thousands of churches at the EXACT same time on Sunday! Thus it has to be His Omnipresent Spirit ( as God ) and Not his human resurrection body ( as Man ) that was in all those thousands of churches last Sunday! So put a Stop to Try-ing to use that as Proof that His real resurrection body is nonphysical like His Spirit is, noble! Luke 24:39 is all the Proof that is needed to prove His real resurrection body is supernatural Flesh & Bones - " It is I, Myself " and NOT your so called nonphysical spirit, noble! Case closed on nonphysical bodies and Bodiless bodies because there is NO such thing noble! So stop forgetting that Jesus is God-Man ( Both fully God and Fully Human as a Man ) Forever as per John 1:1+14 in conjunction with Heb.13:8, noble!
                    Jesus is a spirit, has been for 2000 years. Jesus was also a spirit before He became flesh to live among man. Jesus is now a spirit again, a omnipresent spirit who can be all places at the same time.
                    He can be in your church the same time as He is in mine as long as you guys are talking about Jesus.....if you are talking about some physical man that is just called Jesus, it may not qualify.... I have no idea.

Just remember this verse:

Galatians 1:8 New International Version (NIV)
                    8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!

noble

Comment

• Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

And after your church we have

Corinthians 15:47-49 (ESV)
                      49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the
                      man
                      of heaven.

and

Acts 17:31 (ESV)
                      31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

While you have no evidence of Christ being a spirit when speaking to Paul the word of God tells us we will be judged by a man and bear the image of a man

Give it up Noble
                      AND the man of heaven is invisible , Col 1:15 and 1 Tim 1:17.

YOu don't have much going for you do you Tom?

noble

Comment

AND the man of heaven is invisible , Col 1:15 and 1 Tim 1:17.

YOu don't have much going for you do you Tom?

noble
                        Tom replies

Neither verse helps you as we also made in the image of God

I don't know about you but I am not invisible

men (humans) are simply not invisible Noble

BTW you never were able to explain how every eye could see an invisible Jesus

Doesn't sound like invisibility to me

Nor do these
                        THE APPEARANCES OF CHRIST
                        Persons Saw Heard Touched Other Evidence
                        Mary X X X Empty tomb
                        Mary & Women X X X Empty tomb
                        Peter X X Empty tomb, grave
                        clothes
                        (John) (Empty tomb, grave
                        clothes)
                        Two Disciples X X Ate with Him
                        Ten Apostles X X X** Death wounds
                        Eleven Apostles X X X** Death wounds
                        Seven Apostles X X Ate with Him
                        All Apostles X X Ate with Him
                        Five Hundred X X
                        Brethren
                        James X X
                        All Apostles X X Ate with Him
                        **Offered to be touched

Comment

• TomL;

I remember saying this as being like trying to teach calculus to a pig.....
                          Tom replies

Yes we are made.... in... the..... image..... of........ God!!! That would give us two possibilities....

1)God somehow looks like man looks or
                          2) We are spirits and don't know it!

Good, that means you haven't physically died yet.

Not the living ones, but how many dead guys have you seen playing harps lately?
                          at some pi
                          Sure did..... At the parousia all of the people who suffered the wrath of God were the first to see Jesus.... those of the first resurrection saw Jesus as they were resurrected to eternal life in heaven. The people of the sheep and goats event all saw Jesus later that same day. Since that time every person who has physically died sees Jesus at the judgment seat.... every eye, all people see Jesus... I will too, when it's my turn.

If I could I would start a lottery on when you grasp that Jesus was fully physical when He showed the wounds. Jesus did say He was not a spirit in Luke 24:39 you know... that was my first clue.

Jesus was NOT a spirit as He showed the wounds, He was as He entered the room where He showed the wounds. Jesus was NOT a spirit at the fish fry either... obviously so He could eat fish with the boys. Jesus was a spirit when He talked to Paul..............................

Jesus was a spirit as He disappeared on the cloud.... flesh and blood can not enter heaven, Flesh and blood nor bone can enter heaven because heaven is is only for the imperishable, that is how it works... physical on earth , spiritual or heavenly after that.

I have asked before and believe it or not you never answered... what does anybody need a flesh body for after death?

noble

Comment

TomL;

Yes we are made.... in... the..... image..... of........ God!!! That would give us two possibilities....

at some pi

Sure did..... At the parousia all of the people who suffered the wrath of God were the first to see Jesus.... those of the first resurrection saw Jesus as they were resurrected to eternal life in heaven. The people of the sheep and goats event all saw Jesus later that same day. Since that time every person who has physically died sees Jesus at the judgment seat.... every eye, all people see Jesus... I will too, when it's my turn.

If I could I would start a lottery on when you grasp that Jesus was fully physical when He showed the wounds. Jesus did say He was not a spirit in Luke 24:39 you know... that was my first clue.

Jesus was NOT a spirit as He showed the wounds, He was as He entered the room where He showed the wounds. Jesus was NOT a spirit at the fish fry either... obviously so He could eat fish with the boys. Jesus was a spirit when He talked to Paul..............................

Jesus was a spirit as He disappeared on the cloud.... flesh and blood can not enter heaven, Flesh and blood nor bone can enter heaven because heaven is is only for the imperishable, that is how it works... physical on earth , spiritual or heavenly after that.

I have asked before and believe it or not you never answered... what does anybody need a flesh body for after death?

noble
                            They need a Flesh body in order to REIGN with Jesus for those 1000 years ( Rev.20:4-6 ) when the Survivors of the still future Great Trib. go to worship Him in person as per Zech.14:16! Still no such thing as nonphysical resurrection bodies nor bodiless bodies, noble!

Comment

• TomL;

Tom replies

You can't master basic reading yet alone calculus

Tom replies

Noble states

Tom replies

3 You don't know what you are talking about

Its not referring to a physical image

Noble states

Tom replies

It means I'm not a spirit A spirit has not flesh and bones as you see me have

Hmm Didn't someone already say something like that

at some pi

Tom replies

Christ is not dead Noble

Haven't you heard He's ALIVE

Tom replies

But it was not speaking of only the dead but every eye

You are still without a real explanation i

See
                              my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

Tom replies

You don'tb have a clue Jesus was visible and physical all the resurrection appearancesall the resurrection appearance

Jesus was NOT a spirit as He showed the wounds, He was as He entered the room where He showed the wounds. Jesus was NOT a spirit at the fish fry either... obviously so He could eat fish with the boys. Jesus was a spirit when He talked to Paul...........................…

Tom replies

You have no support for than beyond your imagination

Noble states

Tom replies

Sorry he was seen spirits are not visible

And physical realities can be spiritual just like the food and drink and men I have repeatedly showed you in the bible

Tom replies

Perhaps they don't want to remain naked

2 Corinthians 5:1-3 (ESV)
                              1 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
                              2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling,
                              3 if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked.

Seems the spirits of those who have died are naked

The building we get from God is designed to not leave us naked therefore it not be composed of spirit

Adding more naked spirit to naked spirit still leaves these naked

Comment

• Originally posted by Rod.ney View Post
                                They need a Flesh body in order to REIGN with Jesus for those 1000 years ( Rev.20:4-6 ) when the Survivors of the still future Great Trib. go to worship Him in person as per Zech.14:16! Still no such thing as nonphysical resurrection bodies nor bodiless bodies, noble!
                                Well, your doctrine is guiding that one Rod. What is the flesh body for IN heaven, what purpose would flesh serve IN heaven?

AND ROD on this forum the great trib is over. AND the resurrections were 2000 years ago so the physical body idea is not a possibility. You have that hurdle to jump here too.

noble

Comment

Working...
                                X