Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

All the futurist farce items disappear when we prove the time of the GT and Parousia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noble claims

The spirit of the person sleeps , that is the spirit of the person who died.... get that, the spirit of the person who died..... the spirit of the person who died. That would make the person dead and sleeping.... like Daniel was in Dan 12:2.

Tom replies

Sorry that is not biblical

Was Lazarus (the poor man) sleeping ?

Noble affirms he was not

No

The rich man ?

Noble affirms he was not

No

The tribulation Martyrs

Yes...
    And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Tom replies

Their spirit were seen here

Revelation 6:9-11 (KJV)
    9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
    10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
    11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I ask again

were their spirits sleeping

Do you want to change your answer ?
    Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

• TomL
      I ask again

No the answer is xactly the same as last time:
      Rev 20
      . And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

When John first saw these souls they were not living because they came to life later. We KNOW a soul can not die so the bible calls it sleeping...... so do I... what do you call it.

Same answer and this time deal with the verse I used not some other verse.
      noble

Comment

• Tom had stated
        I ask again

Noble replies
        Rev 20
        . And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

When John first saw these souls they were not living because they came to life later. We KNOW a soul can not die so the bible calls it sleeping...... so do I... what do you call it.

noble

Tom replies

This is when John first saw them

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
        10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
        11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

pretty noisy for sleeping wouldn't you say

Comment

• Originally posted by TomL View Post
          Tom had stated
          I ask again

Noble replies
          Rev 20

noble

Tom replies

This is when John first saw them

pretty noisy for sleeping wouldn't you say
          What scares you about Rev 20:4? If those souls ....CAME.... to life they must have been something other than LIVING when John first saw them.....
          The bible would tell us that those souls were sleeping but what would you explain it as.?

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus ................

It's good you realize that these are the same people as will be in the first resurrection. Maybe you can make the connection of the first resurrection in 1 Thess 4:16 too.

Tell me Tom.... do you think that Rev 6 in some way cancels out Rev 20:4 or why do you refer to Rev 6, what is your point?

noble
          Last edited by noble; 08-10-18, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by noble View Post

What scares you about Rev 20:4? If those souls ....CAME.... to life they must have been something other than LIVING when John first saw them.....
            The bible would tell us that those souls were sleeping but what would you explain it as.?

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus ................

It's good you realize that these are the same people as will be in the first resurrection. Maybe you can make the connection of the first resurrection in 1 Thess 4:16 too.

Tell me Tom.... do you think that Rev 6 in some way cancels out Rev 20:4 or why do you refer to Rev 6, what is your point?

noble
            Tom replies

That's a question you must answer

Neither verse shows souls sleeping

I believe they are fully consistent

You ignore the fact they

Revelation 6:10 (KJV)

to propagate a false doctrine of soul sleep

Comment

Tom replies

That's a question you must answer

Neither verse shows souls sleeping

I believe they are fully consistent

You ignore the fact they

to propagate a false doctrine of soul sleep
              No Tom YOU ignore this:
              And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

John, in this biblical moment, SAW the souls... those souls CAME to life so what were those souls doing before they came to life.. the bible calls it sleeping, so I do to, what do you call it?

I don't care about Rev 6 until we know what the souls were doing in Rev 20:4... if you don't know then you can't help me. If you don't know we may as well go back to the timing of when the great trib/parousia/resurrections are and put and end to this phony discussion.

noble
              Last edited by noble; 08-10-18, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Is there anybody who would venture to discuss the topic the thread is actually about.

Luke 21 tells of a sequence of events which are tied to the first century...... or should I just accept what the non response says?? Of course Luke 21 is taking about the Judean rebellion and so is Mark 13 and Matt 24. Which means yes full preterism IS correct.

It would be nice to see some calculated , well thought out , bible based ...something...... which is more biblical than full preterism.

noble

Comment

No Tom YOU ignore this:
                  And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

John, in this biblical moment, SAW the souls... those souls CAME to life so what were those souls doing before they came to life.. the bible calls it sleeping, so I do to, what do you call it?

I don't care about Rev 6 until we know what the souls were doing in Rev 20:4... if you don't know then you can't help me. If you don't know we may as well go back to the timing of when the great trib/parousia/resurrections are and put and end to this phony discussion.

noble
                  Tom replies

Sorry Noble nothing in that passage says they were sleeping

You are adding to one passage and subtracting from the other

To this one you add

Revelation 20:4 (KJV)
                  4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the sleeping souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

and from this one you subtract

Revelation 6:9-10 (KJV)

Comment

Tom replies

Sorry Noble nothing in that passage says they were sleeping

You are adding to one passage and subtracting from the other

To this one you add

Revelation 20:4 (KJV)
                    4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the sleeping souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

So the souls weren't sleeping.... okay so what were they doing... they were coming to life so do you want to tell me these souls were dead? They were coming to life so what does the bible have to say about people waiting for a resurrection from the dead.... a coming to life?

When these people, the souls John saw, do come to life where do they go? How long are they there? Does the cloud play a part in it?

noble

Comment

So the souls weren't sleeping.... okay so what were they doing... they were coming to life so do you want to tell me these souls were dead? They were coming to life so what does the bible have to say about people waiting for a resurrection from the dead.... a coming to life?

When these people, the souls John saw, do come to life where do they go? How long are they there? Does the cloud play a part in it?

noble
                      Tom replies

What part of spirits/souls don't die do you not understand

I am pretty sure there is a confession or two from you floating around where you confirm exactly that

but You have this penchant for wanting to raise what did not die and leave in death what did die

Comment

• TomL;
                        Tom replies

What part of spirits/souls don't die do you not understand
                        Yes I know so what were those souls doing , waiting to come to life?

I am pretty sure there is a confession or two from you floating around where you confirm exactly that
                        I can save you looking, I am convinced that only God can kill a soul.

but You have this penchant for wanting to raise what did not die and leave in death what did die
                        Just wanting to know what those souls in Rev 20:4 are doing as they are waiting to come to life?

noble

Comment

• [QUOTE=noble;n5439354]TomL;

Tom replies

Sorry noble souls/spirits don't sleep bodies sleep

You cannot claim that spirits die and do not die

and these appear conscious not sleeping

IRevelation 6:10 (KJV)

Comment

• TomL;

Tom replies

Sorry noble souls/spirits don't sleep bodies sleep
                            Okay so what were they doing? What does the bible say Daniel was doing?

You cannot claim that spirits die and do not die
                            I know, so I don't. I use the same term the bible uses... what a concept eh?

and these appear conscious not sleeping
                            REV 20:4 NOt Rev 6....where is the consousness in Rev 20:4

WHAT WERE THE SOULS DOING IN REV 20:4? John saw them..... the soul were going to come to life. What were they doing as John first saw them in JOhn 20:4? Let me repeat that... .. what were the soul doing when John first saw them in Rev 20:4 .... BEFORE they came to life?

noble

Comment

• [QUOTE=noble;n5440032]TomL;

Tom replies

We saw

they were asking to avenged

not sleeping

Nobles states
                              Okay so what were they doing? What does the bible say Daniel was doing?

Tom replies

Read above. as for Daniel I do not read where the bible speaks of his spirit sleeping

I don't read anywhere where any spirit is stated to be sleeping

The body sleeps

Noble states

I know, so I don't. I use the same term the bible uses... what a concept eh?

Tom replies

except for one thing the bible never says the spirit sleeps

Hello

Noble states
                              REV 20:4 NOt Rev 6....where is the consousness in Rev 20:4

Tom replies

wake up Noble it is the same group expanded

If their spirit was not sleeping at Rev 6:9 it was not sleeping at Rev 20:4

or are you going to claim they started their sleep after being exalted to heaven

Hello

Well Noble was their spirit taken to heaven so they could then sleep ?

Comment

• TomL;
                                If their spirit was not sleeping at Rev 6:9 it was not sleeping at Rev 20:4

I see so what were they doing in Rev 20:4. That is the question. They were waiting to come to life.... we know that....John saw those souls... we know that so what were they doing when John saw them....waiting to come to life?
                                What was DANIEL doing in Daniel 12?

noble

Comment

Working...
                                X