Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Partial prophecy. What is the past and what is the future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial prophecy. What is the past and what is the future?

Suppose the full prophet believes that all the eschatological prophecies are fulfilled, which, in my opinion, is a problem for some of the prophets. My problem is that it is difficult for me to determine the prophecies in Daniel, Matthew, Revelation, etc. These prophets believe that they are not yet realized.

If someone can list the core for me, I would be very grateful. Please understand that I do not spend this problem. Recently, I've read a lot and "YouTubing" on this issue, and no one seems to explain clearly what an unfulfilled prophecy is, which makes partial prior approval different from the position of a full reservist.
    BNULACNALCBHQPPCBHYEDUWCNCUqGPACBWULAMATERWXQP

Originally posted by jonathanm View Post
    Suppose the full prophet believes that all the eschatological prophecies are fulfilled, which, in my opinion, is a problem for some of the prophets. My problem is that it is difficult for me to determine the prophecies in Daniel, Matthew, Revelation, etc. These prophets believe that they are not yet realized.

If someone can list the core for me, I would be very grateful. Please understand that I do not spend this problem. Recently, I've read a lot and "YouTubing" on this issue, and no one seems to explain clearly what an unfulfilled prophecy is, which makes partial prior approval different from the position of a full reservist.
    Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to CARM, and hope you enjoy it here!

I read your OP several times, and don't fully understand it. Perhaps, if you be more specific we can respond.

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny Him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16

Comment

no one seems to explain clearly what an unfulfilled prophecy is,
      An unfulfilled propecy is a prophetic utterance, the provision of which has not been manifested.

One would be the return of Jesus. Another would be the JUDGEMENT, another would the church of Eph 4.

There are two reasons that a prophesy would be unfulfilled.

The Prophesy may be PHONY.

It's not TIME for the fulfillment yet.

Simple as that.

Comment

JonathanM, the eschatological events have simply not yet happened. No getting by that fact. Therefore, preterism is false.

Please don't believe the goofy excuses preterists make to try to shoehorn other past events into Biblical prophecy. The coming events are very specific, & it's obvious they haven't yet occurred.

The proof is EASY - the world is going right on as it has since Jesus was here as a man.

Comment

Tom replies

Hello and welcome

Generally I would state Matthew 24 has been fulfilled up but not including to verse 36. Revelation mostly up to Ch 20:6
          and off the top of my head all of Dan except for Dan 12:2,3

In other words the resurrection, the catching of living saints at Christs advent that is the second physical advent of Christ, the universal judgment and the new heaven and the new earth
          remain to be fulfilled

Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

Tom replies

Hello and welcome

Generally I would state Matthew 24 has been fulfilled up to but not including verse 36. Revelation mostly up to Ch 20:4

In other words the completion of the 1000 years, the resurrection, the catching of living saints at Christs advent that is the second physical advent of Christ, the universal judgment and the new heaven and the new earth remain to be fulfilled
            Last edited by TomL; 08-05-18, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Johnathanm,

The Lord Jesus Christ told His disciples...

Luke 21

20 And when YE shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, THEN know the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 THEN let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst thereof depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For THESE BE "the days of vengeance," that ALL THINGS which ARE WRITTEN may be fulfilled.

The "days of vengeance" and desolation of Jerusalem occurred AD70.

Either, ALL THINGS WRITTEN (prophets and prophecies) were fulfilled at that time, or Jesus Christ was/is a false prophet!
              They profess that they know God; but in works they deny Him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16

Comment

Originally posted by Sower View Post
                Johnathanm,

The Lord Jesus Christ told His disciples...

Luke 21

20 And when YE shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, THEN know the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 THEN let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst thereof depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For THESE BE "the days of vengeance," that ALL THINGS which ARE WRITTEN may be fulfilled.

The "days of vengeance" and desolation of Jerusalem occurred AD70.

Either, ALL THINGS WRITTEN (prophets and prophecies) were fulfilled at that time, or Jesus Christ was/is a false prophet!
                Tom replies

Check the context

Luke 21:20-24 (KJV)
                20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
                21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
                22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
                23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give ****, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
                24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

It is everything written about Israel punishment

Similar is

Luke 18:31 (KJV)
                31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Does that mean the second coming was to happen when Jesus went up to Jerusalem ?

Not if you check the context

Luke 18:32-33 (KJV)
                32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
                33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Ref Steve Gregg: When shall these things be

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

Check the context

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
                  21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
                  22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
                  23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give ****, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
                  24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Similar is

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Does that mean the second coming was to happen when Jesus went up to Jerusalem ?

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
                  33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Correction that should be Keith Mathison not Steve Gregg

Comment

Tom replies

Check the context

It is ALL THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN (Genesis-Revelation) according to Jesus @ Luke 21:22.

Similar is

That's not similar, to Luke 21:20-24.

Tom, Luke 18:32-33, is referencing fulfillment of particular prophecies pertaining to the Son of man's (death and resurrection) as clearly stated in the verses... whereas, Luke 21:20-24 is referencing the "fulfillment" of ALL WRITTEN prophecies!

Ref Jesus Christ: The Holy Scriptures!

Comment

Tom replies

Hello and welcome

Generally I would state Matthew 24 has been fulfilled up to but not including verse 36. Revelation mostly up to Ch 20:4

In other words the completion of the 1000 years, the resurrection, the catching of living saints at Christs advent that is the second physical advent of Christ, the universal judgment and the new heaven and the new earth remain to be fulfilled
                      Why not including 36? Seems sort of arbitrary to pick verse 36.

Comment

Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

Why not including 36? Seems sort of arbitrary to pick verse 36.
                        Tom replies

No not arbitrary

Up to verse 36 we have definite statement as to events and warning about when they would happen. At verse 36 we are informed that of that day no one knows
                        and basically told this would be without warning

Comment

Tom replies

No not arbitrary

Up to verse 36 we have definite statement as to events and warning about when they would happen. At verse 36 we are informed that of that day no one knows
                          and basically told this would be without warning
                          What day is He referring to in context?

Comment

Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

What day is He referring to in context?
                            tom replies

The Parousia see verse 37. It was not mentioned previously by Jesus but he was asked about it

Matthew 24:3 (KJV)
                            3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming (Parousia), and of the end of the world?

Matthew 24:36-37 (KJV)
                            36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
                            37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming (Parousia) of the Son of man be.

Comment

tom replies

The Parousia see verse 37. It was not mentioned previously by Jesus but he was asked about it

Matthew 24:3 (KJV)
                              3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming (Parousia), and of the end of the world?

Matthew 24:36-37 (KJV)
                              36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
                              37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming (Parousia) of the Son of man be.

Is that the day He comes in His kingdom? Matthew 16:28?

Comment

Working...
                              X