Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Calvin's Institutes and Full Preterism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

No

No not yet

again not yet. it does not say he returned

You want to address what I asked now

Tom replies

So all those who lived at that time and either did not obey the gospel or know God were sent to everlasting destruction in 70 A.D. ?

That is what you seriously believe ?

This below you never addressed previously

So all those people just disappeared from the earth in 70 A.D. and nobody noticed ?

Are you answering yes to this now ?
    and you think that is a credible position ?

Do you also imagine all the living were caught up and changed to immortal at that time as well

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17 (LEB)

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who remain until the Lord’s coming, will not possibly precede those who have fallen asleep.
    For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
    Then we who are alive, who remain, will be snatched away at the same time together with them in the clouds for a meeting with the Lord in the air, and thus we will be together with the Lord always.
    but again no one noticed and no one realized they were now changed

1 Corinthians 15:51-54 (KJV)
    51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal
    must
    put on immortality.
    54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    and had put on immortality but somehow still manged to die

I have objective reality in support

and your position does not

you need to address this
    So then Paul was simply mistaken then I take it? He does promise them Christ would come to give them relief or rest right? So unless Paul was mistaken it must have occured within their lifetimes right?? Again, stick to 2 Thessalonians 1. I'm not chasing your rabbit trails.

Comment

Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

So then Paul was simply mistaken then I take it? He does promise them Christ would come to give them relief or rest right? So unless Paul was mistaken it must have occured within their lifetimes right?? Again, stick to 2 Thessalonians 1. I'm not chasing your rabbit trails.
      Tom replies

do you ever address anything ?

Previously

No

No not yet

Tom replies

So all those who lived at that time and either did not obey the gospel or know God were sent to everlasting destruction in 70 A.D. ?

This below you never addressed

So all those people just disappeared from the earth in 70 A.D. and nobody noticed ?

Do you also imagine all the living were caught up and changed to immortal at that time as well

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who remain until the Lord’s coming, will not possibly precede those who have fallen asleep.
      16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
      17 Then we who are alive, who remain, will be snatched away at the same time together with them in the clouds for a meeting with the Lord in the air, and thus we will be together with the Lord always.

1 Corinthians 15:51-54 (KJV) 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

mustput on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

and had put on immortality but somehow still mange to die

you need to address this

….....................

PS I told you previously you assume temporal rest is refered to but that is not what is promised

Paul was not mistaken your temporal assumption was mistaken

Please do answer the above questions

Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

Tom replies

Previously

No

No not yet

Tom replies

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who remain until the Lord’s coming, will not possibly precede those who have fallen asleep.
        16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
        17 Then we who are alive, who remain, will be snatched away at the same time together with them in the clouds for a meeting with the Lord in the air, and thus we will be together with the Lord always.

1 Corinthians 15:51-54 (KJV) 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

mustput on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

PS I told you previously you assume temporal rest is refered to but that is not what is promised

So Paul, in 2 Thessalonians is mistaken then?

The relief or rest in 2 Thessalonians 1 is from persecution. That is the context. So are they still waiting for their rest or relief?

Comment

So Paul, in 2 Thessalonians is mistaken then?

The relief or rest in 2 Thessalonians 1 is from persecution. That is the context. So are they still waiting for their rest or relief?
          Tom replies

Oh look another opportunity to finally answer something you waste

Tom replies

Previously

No

No not yet

Tom replies

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who remain until the Lord’s coming, will not possibly precede those who have fallen asleep.
          For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
          Then we who are alive, who remain, will be snatched away at the same time together with them in the clouds for a meeting with the Lord in the air, and thus we will be together with the Lord always.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

must
          put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

and forget your assumptions. What you imagine Paul to be promising did not happen

Comment

Tom replies

Tom replies

Previously

No

No not yet

Tom replies

must
            put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

and forget your assumptions. What you imagine Paul to be promising did not happen

I will just keep asking until you answer. Did Christ return in His kingdom with His angels to the church at Thessalonica to give the rest or relief to those who persecuted them? Or was Paul mistaken? Those would seem, logically, to be your only two options

Comment

I will just keep asking until you answer. Did Christ return in His kingdom with His angels to the church at Thessalonica to give the rest or relief to those who persecuted them? Or was Paul mistaken? Those would seem, logically, to be your only two options
              Tom replies

You need to do more than just asking

You need to read replies and answer question

What part of no is not clear

No Paul was not mistaken your presumpositions are mistaken

answer questions for a change
              Tom replies

Tom replies

Previously

No

No not yet

Tom replies

must
              put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

Comment

Tom replies

You need to do more than just asking

You need to read replies and answer question

What part of no is not clear

No Paul was not mistaken your presumpositions are mistaken

answer questions for a change
                Tom replies

Tom replies

Previously

No

No not yet

Tom replies

must
                put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

So you agree then that what Paul promised to the first century church, "you", in 2 Thessalonians 1 actually took pkace? Everything described there right happened just as Paul promised.

Comment

So you agree then that what Paul promised to the first century church, "you", in 2 Thessalonians 1 actually took pkace? Everything described there right happened just as Paul promised.
                  Tom replies

You don't answer questions and now it appears you don't even read

What part of no not yet do find to be an affirmation

Tom replies

must
                  put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

I guess you did not understand that either huh

Seriously?

Comment

Tom replies

Tom replies

must
                    put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

Seriously?
                    Temporal rest is what is referred to. They are not still waiting for Christ to return to give them rest or relief are they? LOL

Didn't you bring up context? Isnt the context persecution? If not what? Rest or relief from what Tom contextually?

Comment

Temporal rest is what is referred to. They are not still waiting for Christ to return to give them rest or relief are they? LOL

Didn't you bring up context? Isnt the context persecution? If not what? Rest or relief from what Tom contextually?
                      Tom replies

Again you did not read

Again you answer nothing

Tom replies

Tom replies

must
                      put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

P
                      S I told you previously you assume temporal rest is refered to but that is not what is promised

Seriously?

BTW are you still trying to keep up the sham of being undecided

Comment

Tom replies

Again you did not read

Again you answer nothing

Tom replies

Tom replies

must
                        put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

P
                        S I told you previously you assume temporal rest is refered to but that is not what is promised

Seriously?

I told you before I'm not chasing your rabbit trails. The discussion is about 2 Thessalonians 1 which your avoiding like the plague. It's like discussing John 6 with Arminians, they run all over the place and want to discuss everything but John 6.

Comment

I told you before I'm not chasing your rabbit trails. The discussion is about 2 Thessalonians 1 which your avoiding like the plague. It's like discussing John 6 with Arminians, they run all over the place and want to discuss everything but John 6.
                          Tom replies

Rabbit trails ? You are not answering anything

and the first thing you did not answer was about the text of 2Th

…......................................

Tom replies

Again you did not read

Again you answer nothing

Tom replies

Tom replies

must
                          put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

P

Seriously?

you did not answer that either

but for some reason you bring up John 6 which no one has brought up here and then you complain about rabbit trails ?

Sorry I don't buy it you are hiding

Comment

Tom replies

Tom replies

Again you did not read

Again you answer nothing

Tom replies

Tom replies

must
                            put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

P

Seriously?

but for some reason you bring up John 6 which no one has brought up here and then you complain about rabbit trails ?

All this and nothing dealing with 2 Thessalonians. I believe exactly what it says. Christ came to give them relief or rest with His angels in the 1st century. Also to judge by the way JUST AS IT SAYS. So if you would like to attempt to correct the apostles Paul then deal with 2 Thessalonians specifically. Don't tell me what it can't mean, tell me what it does means. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Comment

All this and nothing dealing with 2 Thessalonians. I believe exactly what it says. Christ came to give them relief or rest with His angels in the 1st century. Also to judge by the way JUST AS IT SAYS. So if you would like to attempt to correct the apostles Paul then deal with 2 Thessalonians specifically. Don't tell me what it can't mean, tell me what it does means. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.
                              Tom replies

Like I stated you don't answer questions and you don't read

Tom replies

Originally posted by
                              TomLView Post

Tom replies

Again you did not read

Again you answer nothing

Originally posted by
                              TomLView Post

Tom replies

Tom replies

must
                              put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

P

and forget your assumptions.
                              What you imagine Paul to be promising did not happen

Seriously?

…............................

PS what part of the promise is not of temporal rest but eternal rest do you not understand

what part of they were not promised this rest would come in 70 AD is not clear

The rest is promised when Christ comes to judge all as the those who do not obey the gospel or know God would face everlasting destruction

It did not happen in 70 AD

Paul's words are consistent with a man who did not know when that day would come (The day is solely in the purview of God the Father)

but knew a rest was promised

Sorry but you cannot just close your eyes or bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact what you imagine did not happen

Comment

Tom replies

Like I stated you don't answer questions and you don't read

Tom replies

Originally posted by
                                TomLView Post

Tom replies

Again you did not read

Again you answer nothing

Originally posted by
                                TomLView Post

Tom replies

Tom replies

must
                                put on immortality.

you need to address this

….....................

P

and forget your assumptions.
                                What you imagine Paul to be promising did not happen

Seriously?

…............................

PS what part of the promise is not of temporal rest but eternal rest do you not understand

what part of they were not promised this rest would come in 70 AD is not clear

The rest is promised when Christ comes to judge all as the those who do not obey the gospel or know God would face everlasting destruction

It did not happen in 70 AD

Paul's words are consistent with a man who did not know when that day would come (The day is solely in the purview of God the Father)

but knew a rest was promised

Sorry but you cannot just close your eyes or bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact what you imagine did not happen
                                o
                                Once again. Your not even attempting to deal with 2 Thessalonians 1.

It must of happened tom. Paul said it would happen in their lifetime. Just as in Matthew 16. Christ Himself said it would occur before some of them tasted death. Do you know of any of the 12 apostles still walking around??

Comment

Working...
                                X