Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What Resurrection ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Resurrection ?

Full Preterist teach the resurrection transpired in 70 A.D.

What resurrection could that be ?

The bible teach but two types of resurrection

There is a spiritual resurrection seen when one believes and participates in Christ's resurrection

John 5:24-25 (KJV)
    24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
    25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Here is a rising from death to life

It is reflected here

Colossians 2:12-13 (KJV)
    12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
    13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

and here

Romans 6:4-5 (KJV)
    4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

The other resurrection is a resurrection in which the participants are both the righteous and the unrighteous

Acts 24:15 (KJV)
    15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

seen here

John 5:28-29 (KJV)
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

and here

Daniel 12:2 (NIV2011)
    2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

This is a physical resurrection of which Christ was the firstfruits

But the Full Preterists do not believe in a physical resurrection

So what resurrection transpired in 70 A.D. which is not a physical resurrection and not the one of a spiritually dead person passing into spiritual life for this transpires upon faith ?

What resurrection could there be that encompasses both the righteous and the unrighteous ?

Do Full Preterists have any answer for this ?

Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Originally posted by TomL View Post

There is a spiritual resurrection seen when one believes and participates in Christ's resurrection

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
    25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

It is reflected here

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
    13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

and here

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

The other resurrection is a resurrection in which the participants are both the righteous and the unrighteous

15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

seen here

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

and here

2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

So what resurrection transpired in 70 A.D. which is not a physical resurrection and not the one of a spiritually dead person passing into spiritual life for this transpires upon faith ?

What resurrection could there be that encompasses both the righteous and the unrighteous ?

Seems the cat has got the Full Preterist tongue

Comment

Seems the cat has got the Full Preterist tongue
      I guess full Preterism has no answer and cannot define the word resurrection

Comment

It is reflected here

and here

seen here

and here

I guess not seeing as they cannot define resurrection as used in 1Co 15 and which also includes the unrighteous

There is a spiritual resurrection - when one believes one passes from death to life

and there is a physical resurrection of the body at the last day

there is no other personal resurrection

Comment

I guess not seeing as they cannot define resurrection as used in 1Co 15 and which also includes the unrighteous

There is a spiritual resurrection - when one believes one passes from death to life

and there is a physical resurrection of the body at the last day

there is no other personal resurrection
          Looks like I have to answer myself because the we have a Full preterist who can't define the term resurrection

Comment

Working...
          X