Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Physical Resurrection proven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Resurrection proven

Acts 13:33-35 (KJV)
    33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
    34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
    35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

God had raised Jesus from the dead

It was not his spirit that was raised for it had not died

We are told in verse 34 that raising Jesus up from the dead prevented Christ from returning to corruption

This obviously refers to the body as only the body see decay and corruption

In this passage the phrase raised up from the dead refers to the return of life to a physical body

Hebrews 11:17-19 (KJV)
    17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
    18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
    19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Abraham was willing to offer up his own son, Abraham reasoned God was able to raise his son up from the dead
    That is if Abrahams son had physically died , Abraham believed God was able to restore physical life to his son's dead body

In this passage the phrase raised up from the dead refers to the return of life to a physical body

John 12:1 (KJV)
    1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
    John 12:9 (KJV)
    9 Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.
    John 12:17 (KJV)
    17 The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record.

In the narrative of Lazarus being raised from the dead ; Lazarus Martha's brother had died. Martha distraught told Jesus if you were here my brother would not have died. Jesus told Martha her brother would live again. Martha affirned her belief that he would indeed rise again at the resurrection on the last day.

Jesus tells Martha

John 11:40-44 (KJV)
    40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
    41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
    42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
    43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
    44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Jesus caused life to be returned to the physical body of Lazarus

Now all that is needed is to define a key element of resurrection as seen in

1 Corinthians 15:12-13 (KJV)
    12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
    13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

resurrection in this context involves being raised from the dead a phrase which refers to the return of life to a physical body
    Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Originally posted by TomL View Post
    33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
    34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
    35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

We are told in verse 34 that raising Jesus up from the dead prevented Christ from returning to corruption

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
    19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Abraham was willing to offer up his own son, Abraham reasoned God was able to raise his son up from the dead
    That is if Abrahams son had physically died , Abraham believed God was able to restore physical life to his son's dead body

1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
    9 Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.
    17 The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record.

In the narrative of Lazarus being raised from the dead ; Lazarus Martha's brother had died. Martha distraught told Jesus if you were here my brother would not have died. Jesus told Martha her brother would live again. Martha affirned her belief that he would indeed rise again at the resurrection on the last day.

Jesus tells Martha

40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
    41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
    42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
    43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
    44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

resurrection in this context involves being raised from the dead a phrase which refers to the return of life to a physical body
    Lol, all the examples given of those brought back to life would eventually die again. Only to be re-resurrected?

Comment

Originally posted by reformedguy View Post

Lol, all the examples given of those brought back to life would eventually die again. Only to be re-resurrected?
      Tom replies

You need to carefully consider what is being stated before posting an obviously hasty mocking reply

First the very first citation refers to Jesus being raised from the dead . He did not die again

Second what was done in all three examples was to define what rising from the dead refers to

after that was established the relation between resurrection and raising from the dead was discussed and it was noted resurrection includes a raising from the dead and is thus physical

The point is resurrection involves a physical body

Nothing you state touches that

…............................................. ..

34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead,
      now
      no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
      35 Wherefore he saith also in another
      psalm
      , Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten
      son
      19 Accounting that God
      was
      able to raise
      him
      up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Jesus tells Martha

41 Then they took away the stone
      from the place
      where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up
      his
      eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
      42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said
      it
      , that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

Comment

Tom replies

You need to carefully consider what is being stated before posting an obviously hasty mocking reply

First the very first citation refers to Jesus being raised from the dead . He did not die again

Second what was done in all three examples was to define what rising from the dead refers to

after that was established the relation between resurrection and raising from the dead was discussed and it was noted resurrection includes a raising from the dead and is thus physical

The point is resurrection involves a physical body

Nothing you state touches that

…............................................. ..

now
        no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
        psalm
        , Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten
        son
        19 Accounting that God
        was
        able to raise
        him
        up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Jesus tells Martha

41 Then they took away the stone
        from the place
        where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up
        his
        eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
        42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said
        it
        , that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

Umm... how was it mocking? They did die again did they not? And it does not say anything about defining anything. There narratives. Where do you get your glasses to see what you want to see?

Comment

Umm... how was it mocking? They did die again did they not? And it does not say anything about defining anything. There narratives. Where do you get your glasses to see what you want to see?
          Tom replies

LOL what is that if not mocking ?

No Jesus did not die again

and that would be irrelevant to the issue of determining what rising from the dead means and then use it to define resurrection

From the op

In this passage the phrase raised up from the dead refers to the return of life to a physical body (that would be defining)

Now all that is needed
          is to define a key element of resurrection
          as seen in

It quite clearly was stated why did you not see it ?

Comment

Tom replies

LOL what is that if not mocking ?

No Jesus did not die again

and that would be irrelevant to the issue of determining what rising from the dead means and then use it to define resurrection

From the op

In this passage the phrase raised up from the dead refers to the return of life to a physical body (that would be defining)

Now all that is needed
            is to define a key element of resurrection
            as seen in

It quite clearly was stated why did you not see it ?
            No one said Jesus did die again did they?? My point stands. Those who were brought back to life in your so called proof texts ended up dieing again. Tell me, when Christ called Lazarus out of the grave was that his glorified body?

Comment

No one said Jesus did die again did they?? My point stands. Those who were brought back to life in your so called proof texts ended up dieing again. Tell me, when Christ called Lazarus out of the grave was that his glorified body?
              Tom replies

Did you read ?

Acts 13:33-35 (KJV) 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

nowno more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

No your argument does not stand

The very first proof text speaks of Jesus resurrection

You stated all had died again

That was incorrect

second as explained earlier the initial effort was to determine the meaning of the phrase raised from the dead

It was determined that it refers to a physical raising of the body

then resurrection was defined as including a raising from the dead

For someone who claims to be undecided you sure appear partisan and resistant to any evidence contrary to full Preterism

to the point even the obvious is overlooked

Something to consider

Comment

Tom replies

Did you read ?

Acts 13:33-35 (KJV) 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

nowno more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

No your argument does not stand

The very first proof text speaks of Jesus resurrection

You stated all had died again

That was incorrect

second as explained earlier the initial effort was to determine the meaning of the phrase raised from the dead

It was determined that it refers to a physical raising of the body

then resurrection was defined as including a raising from the dead

For someone who claims to be undecided you sure appear partisan and resistant to any evidence contrary to full Preterism

to the point even the obvious is overlooked

Something to consider
                I did read your original OP and your so called proof texts of which your now avoiding. Typical

I am undecided and you make good points. Your just a little over zealous for my tastes. There is no reason these things cannot be discussed in a reasonable adult manner.

Comment

I did read your original OP and your so called proof texts of which your now avoiding. Typical

I am undecided and you make good points. Your just a little over zealous for my tastes. There is no reason these things cannot be discussed in a reasonable adult manner.
                  Tom replies

I have not avoided anything

That claim is absolutely false

and I what I stated in my last response to you was the same as what I told you in my first response and the same thing which appeared in my initial post

PS they are not so called proof text they are proof texts

Comment

Jesus tells Martha

Bumpy bumpy Noble

Comment

Working...
                    X