Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

This is what true Word Faith is

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is what true Word Faith is

    I believe whole heartedly in Word Faith, for without faith in God's Word to be True we can not please God.

    But, is Word faith, that we speak as if we are God, to bring victory in OUR OWN power?

    Is it not that we are to take God at His Word, being our spiritual sWord to fight our good fight of faith, with so God can act on our faith?

    To speak aloud with our mouth and confess what we believe is for us, Yet knowing that it is FATHER GOD who will bring our victory in HIS POWER, not ours, but becomes our power to win, by our TRUST AND Faith in Him to work on our behalf, because He sees our faith and trust and confidence in His Word as Truth and His Promises Sure for us?

    Yes, we are to put on the FULL ARMOR OF GOD, but the armor is only for the enemy to THINK it is God under the face plate when we speak God's Promise of our spiritual warfare.... We are not to presume that we are GOD, but we are to understand that we speak what we believe in our situations, and the enemy perceives it is God, Yet it is us with God's Armor on, but we KNOW that it is God who is the power, Not US!

    That is the true Word Faith that brings results!
    Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 10-12-17, 11:42 AM.
    The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

  • #2
    Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
    I believe whole heartedly in Word Faith, for without faith in God's Word to be True we can not please God.

    But, is Word faith, that we speak as if we are God, to bring victory in OUR OWN power?
    There are a couple of misconceptions here...

    We speak the Word, not as if, but because...and we speak it with authority, which is often translated "power". The confusion needs to be avoided. Whatever we speak, we speak as if we are going to be judged for every idle word. This is very important. We are entirely responsible for what we say, as Jesus said, and as it is written. This seems a responsibility that is very popularly ignored, and of which the consequences are never spoken.

    Is it not that we are to take God at His Word, being our spiritual sWord to fight our good fight of faith with so God can act on our faith?
    I'm thinking God has already spoken...our circumstances act according to our faith...

    But this is mechanics. I'm not very good at quantum physics, but the latest seems to bear this out.
    To speak aloud with our mouth and confess what we believe is for us, Yet knowing that it is FATHER GOD who will bring our victory in HIS POWER, not ours, but becomes our power to win, by our TRUST AND Faith in Him to work on our behalf, because He sees our faith and trust and confidence in His Word as Truth and His Promises Sure for us?
    In my view there are two possibilities..."...He will bring..." in my perspective, and "....He has already brought..." in His. Both are important to maintain.

    Yes, we are to put on the FULL ARMOR OF GOD, but the armor is only for the enemy to THINK it is God under the face plate when we speak God's Promise of our spiritual warfare.... We are not to presume that we are GOD, but we are to understand that we speak what we believe in our situations, and the enemy perceives it is God, Yet it is us with God's Armor on, but we KNOW that it is God who is the power, Not US!

    That is the true Word Faith that brings results!
    I don't wear a disguise in putting on the Armor. I am bought, called, chosen, forgiven, raised up, predestined to sit with Him on the Throne. I overcome...I'm being trained in judgment...even the angels themselves. I partake of precious promises whereby I'm a partaker of the Divine Nature...

    And I don't say this to remind Him...He's the One who said it. He will also bring it to pass. I say it to remind me, because my circumstances might belie the promise, and tempt me to forget!
    Pete

    ~(8-|)**<><===> (New anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
      There are a couple of misconceptions here...

      We speak the Word, not as if, but because...and we speak it with authority, which is often translated "power". The confusion needs to be avoided. Whatever we speak, we speak as if we are going to be judged for every idle word. This is very important. We are entirely responsible for what we say, as Jesus said, and as it is written. This seems a responsibility that is very popularly ignored, and of which the consequences are never spoken.

      I'm thinking God has already spoken...our circumstances act according to our faith...

      But this is mechanics. I'm not very good at quantum physics, but the latest seems to bear this out.
      In my view there are two possibilities..."...He will bring..." in my perspective, and "....He has already brought..." in His. Both are important to maintain.

      I don't wear a disguise in putting on the Armor. I am bought, called, chosen, forgiven, raised up, predestined to sit with Him on the Throne. I overcome...I'm being trained in judgment...even the angels themselves. I partake of precious promises whereby I'm a partaker of the Divine Nature...

      And I don't say this to remind Him...He's the One who said it. He will also bring it to pass. I say it to remind me, because my circumstances might belie the promise, and tempt me to forget!
      The armor of God is a covering of protection for us, that the enemy can not penetrate when we stay hidden under it, for it is GOD'S AMOR, but it is frail us under it, but with the face plate down, and speaking the promises of God as we claim them over our situations.... God is able to fight for us in the spirit realm according to our faith in His Word as we just sit back and rest.
      WE are NOT God, but children of God, our power is only in HIS MIGHT, not anything thing we can do... The Word is our sword! Holiness is our goal.... Not to BE GOD!

      We are to speak as one of authority, but this does not mean that we are God. It means to speak as one of authority as in KNOWING what we say and confess from God's Word is of Truth, not as one just guessing that it might be or just my opinion.. But there is no doubt, as in you know what you know and there is no waivering!

      It is a dangerous place to be when we try to take Father God's place. We may be representatives of Christ and God's Kingdom having authority in the earth, but Prayer for His power to work on our behalf is our strength. We alone are not God!
      Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 10-12-17, 12:49 PM.
      The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

        The armor of God is a covering of protection for us, that the enemy can not penetrate when we stay hidden under it, for it is GOD'S AMOR, but it is frail us under it, but with the face plate down, and speaking the promises of God as we claim them over our situations.... God is able to fight for us in the spirit realm according to our faith in His Word as we just sit back and rest.
        WE are NOT God, but children of God, our power is only in HIS MIGHT, not anything thing we can do... The Word is our sword! Holiness is our goal.... Not to BE GOD!
        That sounds pretty phantasmagorical...As I see it, He gave me the armor to fight...although it's a standing fight, admittedly, it's a fight notwithstanding. I wield the sword that He inscribed on my heart. As I see it, David went to battle. David defied Goliath...and David threw the stone. David slew Goliath. I'm not really arguing with you here, just changing the emphasis: God is not ashamed to call us His children, and the resemblance increases as Christlikeness increases. Holiness is by free gift...my goal is faithfulness, yet in all things an imitation of Christ. To be God is not the goal. To be His son, a member of the Bride...which gives us status and honor beyond the will of most Christians to grasp. Folks misunderstand the term god, and get their drawers all twisted at the thought. The term is title throughout the OT...Jesus is God of gods, not by accident...and He has delegated stewardship of His kingdom to His own. I'm not worried about the title...again, I'm only concerned that I be faithful as He is faithful. And I'm in no position to judge today, only to learn and continue to grow.

        We are to speak as one of authority, but this does not mean that we are God. It means to speak as one of authority as in KNOWING what we say and confess from God's Word is of Truth, not as one just guessing that it might be or just my opinion.. But there is no doubt, as in you know what you know and there is no wavering!
        Again...you're confusing the terminology. There isn't a single WoFer who is out to be God...ever. Some get what Jesus said, when He said, "I have said, 'Ye are gods'." Some do not. It doesn't matter...it speaks to responsibility that has been trampled on and ignored in the context. It is not a good thing. We have been delegated so much more than that of which we have availed ourselves.

        It is a dangerous place to be when we try to take Father God's place. We may be representatives of Christ and God's Kingdom having authority in the earth, but Prayer for His power to work on our behalf is our strength. We alone are not God!
        You see? Even the suggestion is absurd. No one is making the claim...ever....As I have told the critics over and over again: We are the Bride...now try to equate that with God...start with man and wife, as Paul does in Ephesians!
        Pete

        ~(8-|)**<><===> (New anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

        Comment


        • #5
          We do not use God's Word as a magical saying to bring forth the thing desired. We use God's Word just as David did with the STONE to fight our battles against giants, that are all around us, and within us. We must kill the giants that look larger than life by the Word of God whom is Jesus The Stone that the builder's rejected.
          We must tear down our old man that rules over us, because he the giant that is led of our carnal flesh! And must resurrect our spirit man who is dead before we come to Christ, and begin to walk in the Spirit of Truth as we learn how to walk in Christ.... on the water of the living Word of God to overcome our beastly nature that loves to draw blood.
          As we kill off our giant within(fleshly lusts) that lord over us before we are born again, our spirit man gets Larger and stronger than the carnal nature of the beastly giants who want to slay the children of God, we begin to grow in Christ who is the head of his holy body, and we begin to see the blessings of God in our life as we begin first as spiritual babes, but must mature in the Word to learn how to walk in the Word, in Christ.

          See here, there was no natural sword in the hand of David, he came to the giant in his life in the name of the LORD, being THE WORD, The Stone, as he stood on The Rock immovable for his victory. God delivered the giant into his hand... just as He does for all those who call upon the name of the Lord.... In the beginning was the Word......
          1 Sam 17:45-50

          45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

          46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

          47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.

          48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.

          49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

          50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
          KJV


          The Word of God is our spiritual sWord that we fight with, yet it is the LORD who gives us the victory, not our words, but out FAITH in His Word(Jesus)!
          Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 10-12-17, 02:11 PM.
          The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
            We do not use God's Word as a magical saying to bring forth the thing desired. We use God's Word just as David did with the STONE to fight our battles against giants, that are all around us, and within us. We must kill the giants that look larger than life by the Word of God whom is Jesus The Stone that the builder's rejected.
            We must tear down our old man that rules over us, because he the giant that is led of our carnal flesh! And must resurrect our spirit man who is dead before we come to Christ, and begin to walk in the Spirit of Truth as we learn how to walk in Christ.... on the water of the living Word of God to overcome our beastly nature that loves to draw blood.
            As we kill off our giant within(fleshly lusts) that lord over us before we are born again, our spirit man gets Larger and stronger than the carnal nature of the beastly giants who want to slay the children of God, we begin to grow in Christ who is the head of his holy body, and we begin to see the blessings of God in our life as we begin first as spiritual babes, but must mature in the Word to learn how to walk in the Word, in Christ.

            See here, there was no natural sword in the hand of David, he came to the giant in his life in the name of the LORD, being THE WORD, The Stone, as he stood on The Rock immovable for his victory. God delivered the giant into his hand... just as He does for all those who call upon the name of the Lord.... In the beginning was the Word......
            1 Sam 17:45-50

            45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

            46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

            47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.

            48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.

            49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

            50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
            KJV


            The Word of God is our spiritual sWord that we fight with, yet it is the LORD who gives us the victory, not our words, but out FAITH in His Word(Jesus)!
            It sounds like you're trying to convince me of something...I hope I don't have to convince you that the Word and the stone were both there for anyone to take up. It was David who chose to co-labor with the Lord of Hosts. The only thing that changes is the perspective...not the point. You are not wrong.
            Pete

            ~(8-|)**<><===> (New anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

            Comment

            Working...
            X