Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Wof and Isaiah 55:11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

You guys always say that except when someone actually challenges you for results. Then comes the list of excuses and blaming others for their lack of faith.
    "Oh ye of little faith" Mark 16:15-18

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

Mark wrote that chapter as he was inspired by the Holy Spirit. That's quite different than when God HIMSELF spoke with and through His own mouth. There is a difference, you know.
      So...um...you're suggesting Jesus didn't say that? Or, maybe...Jesus isn't God? Or, are you just saying that Mark got it wrong? It's fun to watch you guys struggle with God when He's so clearly talking to us. He also knew what he was saying when he asked if he'd find faith on the earth when he returned....More folks are forced to "believe conveniently," like you, as in "I believe what I see," and not actually believe what He said.,
      Pete

~(8-|)**<><===> (New anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

So...um...you're suggesting Jesus didn't say that? Or, maybe...Jesus isn't God? Or, are you just saying that Mark got it wrong? It's fun to watch you guys struggle with God when He's so clearly talking to us. He also knew what he was saying when he asked if he'd find faith on the earth when he
        returned....More folks are forced to "believe conveniently," like you, as in "I believe what I see," and not actually believe what He said.,
        No...this is what I suggested:
        Mark wrote that chapter as he was inspired by the Holy Spirit. That's quite different than when God HIMSELF spoke with and through His own mouth. There is a difference, you know.
        Phynerk
        " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

So...um...you're suggesting Jesus didn't say that? Or, maybe...Jesus isn't God? Or, are you just saying that Mark got it wrong? It's fun to watch you guys struggle with God when He's so clearly talking to us. He also knew what he was saying when he asked if he'd find faith on the earth when he returned....More folks are forced to "believe conveniently," like you, as in "I believe what I see," and not actually believe what He said.,
          Are you suggesting that when sw gives a prophesy it is the same as YHWH speaking His word to create light on the first day?
          ---> wof, insert your denial here. <---

Comment

So...um...you're suggesting Jesus didn't say that? Or, maybe...Jesus isn't God? Or, are you just saying that Mark got it wrong? It's fun to watch you guys struggle with God when He's s o clearly talking to us. He also knew what he was saying when he asked if he'd find faith on the earth when he returned....More folks are forced to "believe conveniently," like you, as in "I believe what I see," and not actually believe what He said.,
            Are you saying you don't agree with Isaiah 55:11? Or maybe, He didn't mean what he said? Or are you just saying Isaiah just got it wrong? It's fun to watch you guys to struggle with God clearly speaking to us. He also knew what He said when He created light. More folks are forced to resort to obfuscation, ad hom, and fantasies, like you, than actually believe what a verse is saying.

See how that works. Another post using your tactics that leads to nowhere.

---> Insert your denial here. <---
            Last edited by Tallen; 11-14-17, 01:28 PM.

Comment

n/t

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

Are you suggesting that when sw gives a prophesy it is the same as YHWH speaking His word to create light on the first day?
                Do you have a problem with God speaking through His people?

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                  Do you have a problem with God speaking through His people?
                  Foolish question if you ask me. You're obfuscating, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

Foolish question if you ask me. You're obfuscating, again.
                    Its not,but your responses are.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                      Its not,but your responses are.
                      You're still obfuscating, using ad hom, and fantasizing..., and have not addressed the verse in the OP.

---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by phynerk
                        No...this is what I suggested:
                        This is borderline weird to me...When did God speak the way you described? In the OT, the words are all written by people just like Mark, as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit. They said things like, "Thus says the Lord...", and then they quoted God. Is that God speaking? I would have always said, "Yes." Maybe you're suggesting that God has never really spoken to anyone, because we only have the record of people like Mark quoting God. And, so, when Mark quoted Jesus...Is that God speaking? Yes or No? Through whose mouth was Jesus speaking?
                        Last edited by tbeachhead; 11-14-17, 02:47 PM.
                        Pete

~(8-|)**<><===> (New anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen
                          That's just pretense, Ted. Are you suggesting that when THEOS speaks through his prophets, it's not THEOS speaking?? When the Word of THEOS came to a prophet, was it the Word of THEOS? or not? When IECOYC speaks, is it the Word of THEOS or not? When Paulus saw the man had the faith to be healed, and spoke to him, he spoke to him with the delegated authority of IECOYC, the Word of THEOS, and that has all the authority of the Word that was spoken in the beginning.
                          Pete

Comment

nt
                            Last edited by Tallen; 11-14-17, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen
                              I see how you think you scored a point...and have redefined obfuscation. You clearly have lost your edge, my friend. What you just wrote makes no sense at all...but, of course...YGTLW
                              Pete

Comment

That's just pretense, Ted. Are you suggesting that when THEOS speaks through his prophets, it's not THEOS speaking?? When the Word of THEOS came to a prophet, was it the Word of THEOS? or not? When IECOYC speaks, is it the Word of THEOS or not? When Paulus saw the man had the faith to be healed, and spoke to him, he spoke to him with the delegated authority of IECOYC, the Word of THEOS, and that has all the authority of the Word that was spoken in the beginning.
                                Huh!?! IECOYC, tb code. Please answer my question without the obfuscation.

Comment

Working...
                                X