Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

challenge for weather warriors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• challenge for weather warriors

Personally in Michigan, I hate the season of Winter because I get snowed in and .....

My challenge or prayer request is for you all to change Earth into one season that is 75 degrees year round, keeps the North and South Poles frozen in that temperature, and gives us always sunshine. If all WOF ministries were to go on TV with this plan and do it, I think such would likely cause a world wide revival. Only rains at night and clean water and clean air.

Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD [Jehovah] your God [Elohim] is one LORD [Jehovah].

My WoF pastor always spoke of global warming as an answer to prayer.
    Pete

~(8-|)**<><===> (New anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post
      Personally in Michigan, I hate the season of Winter because I get snowed in and .....

My challenge or prayer request is for you all to change Earth into one season that is 75 degrees year round, keeps the North and South Poles frozen in that temperature, and gives us always sunshine. If all WOF ministries were to go on TV with this plan and do it, I think such would likely cause a world wide revival. Only rains at night and clean water and clean air.
      Did you forget that the devil is in charge of the weather. Remember Jesus rebuked it".And he awoke and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. (Mk 4:39)"
      Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
        Did you forget that the devil is in charge of the weather. Remember Jesus rebuked it".And he awoke and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. (Mk 4:39)"
        So who caused that really big rain that flooded the earth ?
        Phynerk
        " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

Believe it or not, Phy...I'm with you on this one. WoF demands that I believe what the Word clearly says...and when God brings disaster, as Isaiah quoted him as saying (no...wait...that was just Isaiah writing down God's word...not actually God's word....) Oh nvm...
          Pete

~(8-|)**<><===> (New anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

God did.The devil also has power to control the weather of course with Gods permission.

Comment

God did.The devil also has power to control the weather of course with Gods permission.
              Hello Spokenword,
              I whole heartedly believe in the Word of Faith for without faith in God's Word, but when I hear them acting as if we are controlling God's weather, I have a problem. Elijah PRAYED that is not rain, he did not act as if he was God and command it to stop. God is Sovereign over His earth and all weather conditions, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, snow, rain, volcanos, heat, cold etc... not us. But, I do ask God to make the weather around me cooler sometimes and He does, glory to God!
              If you notice, Jesus did not rebuke the devil as if he was the cause when he calmed the winds, and if the weather conditions can only come by God, or God's permission, then should we be rebuking them if it is His will? NO, We are not God and we have no idea his purposes.
              We must be standing in faith on the side of God so that the storms do not come our way. For the Just shall live by faith in God, not in our own ability, nor the government.
              The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
                Hello Spokenword,
                I whole heartedly believe in the Word of Faith for without faith in God's Word, but when I hear them acting as if we are controlling God's weather, I have a problem. Elijah PRAYED that is not rain, he did not act as if he was God and command it to stop. God is Sovereign over His earth and all weather conditions, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, snow, rain, volcanos, heat, cold etc... not us. But, I do ask God to make the weather around me cooler sometimes and He does, glory to God!
                If you notice, Jesus did not rebuke the devil as if he was the cause when he calmed the winds, and if the weather conditions can only come by God, or God's permission, then should we be rebuking them if it is His will? NO, We are not God and we have no idea his purposes.
                We must be standing in faith on the side of God so that the storms do not come our way. For the Just shall live by faith in God, not in our own ability, nor the government.
                I think I have to differ with you here, my friend: When Elijah prayed, he knew the will of God concerning the weather, having announced it already by the Word of the Lord. And, knowing the will, He prayed, "Thy will be done." God's will on this earth is not a given. Imagine if he had only prayed six times, not seven. Knowing the Will of God, He prayed until His will was done...and that is faith, concerning weather...and healing...and ever gift of the Spirit. This is one of the primary principles of prayer that so many deny. Elijah actually said, "Neither rain nor dew but by my word..." He knew the authority that had been delegated to him.

Pete

Comment

Where does the Bible say that devil is in charge of the weather?

"It is God, not Satan, who controls the weather (Exodus 9:29; Psalm 135:6-7; Jeremiah 10:13).
                  God controls the skies and the rain (Psalm 77:16-19).
                  God controls the wind (Mark 4:35-41; Jeremiah 51:16).
                  God upholds and sustains the universe (Hebrews 1:3).
                  God has power over the clouds (Job 37:11-12, 16).
                  God has power over lightning (Psalm 18:14).
                  God has power over all nature (Job 26)."

Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD [Jehovah] your God [Elohim] is one LORD [Jehovah].

Comment

"It is God, not Satan, who controls the weather (Exodus 9:29; Psalm 135:6-7; Jeremiah 10:13).

Would Jesus rebuke what came from God? Did you forget that the Devil is still the prince of the air.(Ephesians 2:2)
                    Last edited by spokenword; 11-21-17, 11:32 AM.

Comment

You know, SW's answer is not insignificant....Jesus did rebuke the storm...and you have to resort to Job to buttress your claim. Job is a compilation of men's views of Job's troubles that opens to the reader with a revelation of how God delegates authority. In chapter one, the disaster that befalls Job is ascribed to God by his servants who are making the report, "...the fire of God fell..." But we know where the disaster came from, because satan had been granted license. I've said this all along: If God brings the storm, we have no business praying against it....If he uses cancer to teach, then we have no business taking medicine for fear we miss the lesson that the Holy Spirit was unable to teach us without this heinous tool.

So...whose work was Jesus rebuking when He rebuked the storm? I think that's a great question.
                      Pete

Comment

Would Jesus rebuke what came from God? Did you forget that the Devil is still the prince of the air.(Ephesians 2:2)
                        Also, God does not strike people or their houses with lightning. It is the devil who comes to kill, steal, and destroy (Jn 10:10).
                        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Also, God does not strike people or their houses with lightning. It is the devil who comes to kill, steal, and destroy (Jn 10:10).
                          One of the best sermons I ever heard of was one by CJ Mahaney, whom I love despite the accusations that rose up against him: He called it "All the People in the Bible God Killed." If you're going to be truly Wofd of Faith, you have to truly believe the word. Begin with this: What happened to Annanias and Saphira? Why? And then, who caused Jonah's storm? When you deal with that honestly, you can begin to refresh your principles. It's not as simplistic as you make it out to be. In this area, critics could score points...if they understood the principles.
                          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

You know, SW's answer is not insignificant....Jesus did rebuke the storm...and you have to resort to Job to buttress your claim. Job is a compilation of men's views of Job's troubles that opens to the reader with a revelation of how God delegates authority. In chapter one, the disaster that befalls Job is ascribed to God by his servants who are making the report, "...the fire of God fell..." But we know where the disaster came from, because satan had been granted license. I've said this all along: If God brings the storm, we have no business praying against it....If he uses cancer to teach, then we have no business taking medicine for fear we miss the lesson that the Holy Spirit was unable to teach us without this heinous tool.

So...whose work was Jesus rebuking when He rebuked the storm? I think that's a great question.
                            There is more than just Job in the list. Did you even read the list? It speaks about God's role in weather.
                            The post starts with a question, not a statement.

Comment

From Gill,
                              according to the prince of the power of the air:
                              which is not to be understood of any supposed power the devil has over the air, by divine permission, to raise winds, but of a posse, or body of devils, who have their residence in the air; for it was not only the notion of the Jews F13, that there are noxious and accusing spirits, who fly about (rywab) , "in the air", and that there is no space between the earth and the firmament free, and that the whole is full of a multitude of them; but also it was the opinion of the Chaldeans {n**, and of Pythagoras F15, and Plato F16, that the air is full of demons: now there is a prince who is at the head of these, called Beelzebub, the prince of devils, or the lord of a fly, for the devils under him are as so many flies in the air, ( Matthew 12:24 ) and by the Jews called F17, (ayxwrd Nwhbr) , "the prince of spirits"; and is here styled, the Spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience; by which spirit is meant, not the lesser devils that are under the prince, nor the spirit of the world which comes from him, and is not of God; but Satan himself, who is a spirit, and an evil, and an unclean one; and who operates powerfully in unbelievers, for
                              https://www.biblestudytools.com/comm...sians-2-2.html

God is the King, a Prince has lower rank than a King. http://richleebruce.com/media/noble.html

Comment

Working...
                              X