Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What say you ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Faith isn't a matter of doing, it's a matter of confidence in God, being fully persuaded that what he said, he will do.
    Then let me rephrase the question. If a person fulfils all the things mentioned in a previous post of yours, is healing guaranteed ?
    Phynerk
    " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

Then let me rephrase the question. If a person fulfils all the things mentioned in a previous post of yours, is healing guaranteed ?
      According to the promises of God, yes.

Apparently you disagree. In your estimation, under what conditions would God not heal any of the people I gave as examples in post #10?
      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

According to the promises of God, yes.

Apparently you disagree. In your estimation, under what conditions would God not heal any of the people I gave as examples in post #10?
        Because of the many times we may think we have the faith but it is NOT God's will. You have got to balance Mark 11:22 with 1 John 5:14. Answered prayer is not a "successful completion" of some preconceived list of do's and don'ts.
        Phynerk
        " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

Because of the many times we may think we have the faith but it is NOT God's will. You have got to balance Mark 11:22 with 1 John 5:14. Answered prayer is not a "successful completion" of some preconceived list of do's and don'ts.
          Why do Atheist, criminals, Muslims, hateful dictators, Buddhist, etc., get healed from illnesses, diseases and injuries? They have no faith in YHWH.
          Last edited by Tallen; 04-16-18, 03:31 PM.
          ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

Why do Atheist, criminals, Muslims, hateful dictators, Buddhist, etc., get healed from illnesses, diseases and injuries? They have no faith in YHWH.
            You are exactly right. Why did Lazarus get raised from the dead? He certainly didn't " exercise " faith nor have some sort of good confession. There were several folk in the NT that were healed that didn't have any faith.
            Phynerk

Comment

You are exactly right. Why did Lazarus get raised from the dead? He certainly didn't " exercise " faith nor have some sort of good confession. There were several folk in the NT that were healed that didn't have any faith.
              And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
              Acts 9:1*-‬5 KJV
              ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                Yes !!! If not here it will happen when you get to Heaven.
                Bump for Phynerk. So do you agree or disagree with my comment?
                Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Because of the many times we may think we have the faith but it is NOT God's will.
                  How do you determine what is God's will?
                  Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

How do you determine what is God's will?
                    Honestly, speaking only for myself, His will is not always completely known.
                    Phynerk

Comment

Bump for Phynerk. So do you agree or disagree with my comment?
                      Yes !!! If not here it will happen when you get to Heaven.

I won't bother answering since you ended it with a winky face I just thought, as usual, you were just kidding
                      Phynerk

Comment

Luke 7:11-15
                        11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."

14 Then he went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" 15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.
                        NIV

This person and Lazarus weren't sick, they were dead. Neither of these were able to exercise any faith; they were raised by Jesus' compassion. He still has compassion. And we are also to have compassion.

We who have the written word of God must learn and use it to build our faith. All of God's promises are powerful and effective to those who know them and are willing to exercise them with faith.

Comment

Luke 7:11-15
                          11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out — the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."

14 Then he went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" 15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.
                          NIV

This person and Lazarus weren't sick, they were dead. Neither of these were able to exercise any faith; they were raised by Jesus' compassion. He still has compassion. And we are also to have compassion.

We who have the written word of God must learn and use it to build our faith. All of God's promises are powerful and effective to those who know them and are willing to exercise them with faith.
                          I didn't mean to split hairs with you over dead vs. sick. What I was trying to say was that there are several instances in the NT where SICK people are healed without the use of any of their faith.
                          Phynerk

Comment

I won't bother answering since you ended it with a winky face I just thought, as usual, you were just kidding
                            No problem. Its what I was expecting from the critics corner.
                            Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

I didn't mean to split hairs with you over dead vs. sick. What I was trying to say was that there are several instances in the NT where SICK people are healed without the use of any of their faith.
                              Just because Scripture doesn't specifically mention their faith, it still took faith in God to get healed. An example would be the cripple at the Pool of Bethsaida (John 5). The account of this healing by Jesus makes no specific mention of the man's faith (although, his being at the pool presupposed some measure of faith).

Since Scripture states in Heb 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.", the recipient of the healing or miracle must have had faith whether or not it's mentioned.

Comment

Just because Scripture doesn't specifically mention their faith, it still took faith in God to get healed. An example would be the cripple at the Pool of Bethsaida (John 5). The account of this healing by Jesus makes no specific mention of the man's faith (although, his being at the pool presupposed some measure of faith).
                                The man with the withered hand was just standing around when the Lord decided to show His Glory by healing this fellow. No mention of him having faith; unless you just want to read that into the verse by by pure presumption. Compared to this man I have seen serious WoF leaders confess, believe, exercise faith and NEVER receive their healing which blows your following logic away:

Since Scripture states in Heb 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.", the recipient of the healing or miracle must have had faith whether or not it's mentioned.
                                Phynerk

Comment

Working...
                                X