Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Deuteronomy 28:20-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wof and Deuteronomy 28:20-22

The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me. The Lord shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it. The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
    Deuteronomy 28:20*-‬22 KJV
    ---> wof, insert your denial here. <---

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me. The Lord shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it. The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
    Deuteronomy 28:20*-‬22 KJV
    If God is the healer, why is He doing the opposite to His people in these verses?

Comment

If God is the healer, why is He doing the opposite to His people in these verses?
      Because He is God and knows what is best for His creation.You should pray for understanding before you post.
      Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Well, if you had not taken those verses out of context you would have understood.

Deut 28:9-19

9 The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways. 10 Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you. 11 The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.

12 The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. 13 The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. 14 Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other gods and serving them.

15 However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.
        17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.
        18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.
        19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

As it is written in 1 Sam 15:22-23
        22 But Samuel replied: "Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.

Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post
          Well, if you had not taken those verses out of context you would have understood.

9 The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways. 10 Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you. 11 The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity — in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground — in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.

12 The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. 13 The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. 14 Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other gods and serving them.

15 However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

22 But Samuel replied: "Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.

Very rebellious. And the beat goes on.What a way to redeem the time.

Comment

9 The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways. 10 Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you. 11 The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity — in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground — in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.

Posting scripture and accusing me shows nothing to prove wof claims. What wof claims is that YHWH always wants to heal and never puts sickness on a person. The verses that I posted not only show that YHWH puts sickness and disease on people, Himself, personally, but that He has established himself as the source and cause of such on His people. I agree with scripture, to obey Him is better than disobedience because He will punish His people for disobeying His Commands and Laws.

Comment

. The verses that I posted not only show that YHWH puts sickness and disease on people, .
              I guess I better stop praying for you for its Gods will that you remain sick both in mind, body and spirit I wonder why He bothered to send Jesus to heal..

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                I guess I better stop praying for you for its Gods will that you remain sick both in mind, body and spirit.
                Actually, if you would only ponder before lashing out, at times (that only God can understand), it is His purpose to inflict sickness, pain, and suffering. It really is Christianity 101. You can't just get out the spiritual white out to ignore the scriptures that seem hard to understand.
                Phynerk
                " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

Actually, if you would only ponder before lashing out, at times (that only God can understand), it is His purpose to inflict sickness, pain, and suffering. It really is Christianity 101. You can't just get out the spiritual white out to ignore the scriptures that seem hard to understand.
                  Under the New Covenant God still disciplines his children; however, this does not include inflicting sickness and disease on them, nor causing them to crash their car into a tree. If an human father did this to his children he'd be arrested and imprisoned for child abuse, and rightly so. God disciplines his children with his word by withholding his blessings and allowing the natural consequences to take over.

Traditional "Christianity 101" in too many instances is wrong.
                  Last edited by AlFin; 05-03-18, 11:48 AM.
                  Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                    I guess I better stop praying for you for its Gods will that you remain sick both in mind, body and spirit I wonder why He bothered to send Jesus to heal..
                    The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
                    Deuteronomy 28:‬22 KJV

The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
                    Deuteronomy 28:27 KJV

The Lord shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
                    Deuteronomy 28:28 KJV

The Lord shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
                    Deuteronomy 28:35 KJV

How many of these things are effecting your life? Have you considered the Lord brings these things and many other diseases and conditions upon people?

Pray for yourself, start by repenting of your sin..., especially your sin of judging people you don't know. Secondly, repent of your hypocrisy. Then pray that you will be able to believe YHWH's word before you open your mouth to condemn others for what is wrong in your own life.

Thank you for not praying for me. I don't want your negative anointing directed my way.

Comment

The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
                      Deuteronomy 28:‬22 KJV

The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
                      Deuteronomy 28:27 KJV

The Lord shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
                      Deuteronomy 28:28 KJV

The Lord shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
                      Deuteronomy 28:35 KJV

How many of these things are effecting your life? Have you considered the Lord brings these things and many other diseases and conditions upon people?

Pray for yourself, start by repenting of your sin..., especially your sin of judging people you don't know. Secondly, repent of your hypocrisy. Then pray that you will be able to believe YHWH's word before you open your mouth to condemn others for what is wrong in your own life.

Thank you for not praying for me. I don't want your negative anointing directed my way.
                      You're using the wrong covenant; we are under the New Covenant. Rom 10:4, "Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

Heb 8:13
                      By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear. [The Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 A.D.]

Comment

Some people just love to stay in their infirmities. Enjoy your pity party.

Comment

Under the New Covenant God still disciplines his children; however, this does not include inflicting sickness and disease on them, nor causing them to crash their car into a tree. .
                          You got scripture on this ? BTW is Jesus the same God of the Old Testament ?
                          Phynerk
                          " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

You're using the wrong covenant; we are under the New Covenant. Rom 10:4, "Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

Heb 8:13
                            By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear. [The Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 A.D.]

I think you may not be properly defining and ordering 'old covenant', law, and just the normal unfolding of life. It's really quite handy to compartmentalize God into harsh in the OT and sweet and nice in the NT, but not correct. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. You also cannot make a doctrine of God out of silence. Just because Jesus didn't do something in the NT doesn't mean he doesn't do so now.
                            Phynerk

Comment

Quick answer - God isn't monolithic.

Deut 28:15-53 is the antithetical case to Deut 28:1-14, of course. God says that: IF YOU are willing and obedient, then I will bless, but if you refuse and rebel - it's gonna get ugly.

There are 14 verses of blessings, followed by 38 verses of curses, both general and specific.

And the saddest thing of all, of course is Deu 31:29 where the "IF" goes away and becomes "When".

For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X