Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Watch your confession, brother.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch your confession, brother.

I really got tired of people telling me;

Don't confess that!
    Watch what you say, brother!
    Don't say that you'll get it!
    You create what you say, both negative and positive.

...And other such things. Seemed like while I was in wofism folks where fixated on what others were saying, but not so much their own words. Even telling someone such a thing as above, reveals a negative confession from them. Why didn't they say something positive instead of following people and "rebuking" each other in such a negative way. The wofist wasn't aware of the hypocrisy such a doctrine as the Confession teachings had taught them. Instead, the Confession doctrine had created a sense of superiority in them, as though they knew the thoughts and intents of every word someone speaks.

I am so glad that YHWH has delivered me from such a misfortunate teaching of bondage and pride.
    ---> wof, insert your denial here. <---

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    I really got tired of people telling me;

Don't confess that!
    Watch what you say, brother!
    Don't say that you'll get it!
    You create what you say, both negative and positive.

...And other such things. Seemed like while I was in wofism folks where fixated on what others were saying, but not so much their own words. Even telling someone such a thing as above, reveals a negative confession from them. Why didn't they say something positive instead of following people and "rebuking" each other in such a negative way. The wofist wasn't aware of the hypocrisy such a doctrine as the Confession teachings had taught them. Instead, the Confession doctrine had created a sense of superiority in them, as though they knew the thoughts and intents of every word someone speaks.

I am so glad that YHWH has delivered me from such a misfortunate teaching of bondage and pride.
    That's actually all TRUE (except for the phony metaphysical twist they put on it) the mouth IS a 'window" into the heart, out of the fullness of which the mouth speaks.

There IS unquestionably a "Social" power connected with what you say and you can ABSOLUTELY have a noticeable effect on your surroundings with your mouth.

And the power of GOD'S words SPOKEN IN FAITH (Heb 11:1) is capable of tossing mountains (Mark 11:22-24), or Jesus is a liar.

The problem with YOUR version of WoF, is that it was and often still is, all WoP (not Italians) i.e. "Word of Presumption" (the bottomless chasm in Bunyan's "valley of the shadow of death"). Presumption possess no power, and never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

And the power of GOD'S words SPOKEN IN FAITH (Heb 11:1) is capable of tossing mountains (Mark 11:22-24), or Jesus is a liar.

To bad they don,t believe the Word..

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
        The problem isn't so much the WORD, but trying to appropriate FROM the "LOGOS" Word something that's NOT FOR YOU - based on presumption - and NOT in FAITH

God's Word TO YOU is what FAITH is built on.

Comment

God's Word TO YOU is what FAITH is built on.
          Exactly. And that Word is the written Bible, which is the basis of all He will ever tell you. Nothing He says will ever contradict scripture.

Comment

Too bad you posted this as it has been shown over and over your lack of understanding basic scriptural teaching. I know it's hard when you tell us that you are influence by demons, but that is a fact.

Comment

Too bad you posted this as it has been shown over and over your lack of understanding basic scriptural teaching. I know it's hard when you tell us that you are influence by demons, but that is a fact.
              You mean like right now as you are being used as a tool.(demon influence) And that is a fact!!!!
              Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Exactly. And that Word is the written Bible,
                However just picking a scripture and "Claiming it" for yourself is the very ESSENCE of Presumption.

WHat I said was GOD'S WORD TO YOU specifically.

The Bible says that everybody's a sinner. it's true - big deal.

BUT - Holy Spirit Conviction of Sin says YOU PERSONALLY ARE A SINNER BOUND FOR HELL - that's quite another thing, and something that will be your FOUNDATION for Faith,

Comment

BUT - Holy Spirit Conviction of Sin says YOU PERSONALLY ARE A SINNER BOUND FOR HELL - that's quite another thing, and something that will be your FOUNDATION for Faith,
                  And that is exactly what scripture teaches us. That is, that you personally are a sinner bound for Hell. The basis for faith is scripture. Solar Scrptura.

Comment

You mean like right now as you are being used as a tool.(demon influence) And that is a fact!!!!
                    Did you say that you were being influenced by demons, or not? I based my comment on your words that you posted in this forum.

Comment

The basis for faith is scripture.
                      Agreed, but the faith for salvation is a Gift enabled by God, and His Word MADE PERSONAL to you. that's a LOT more that just intellectual assent to aquired knowledge.

Comment

Agreed, but the faith for salvation is a Gift enabled by God, and His Word MADE PERSONAL to you. that's a LOT more that just intellectual assent to aquired knowledge.
                        Well..., I would agree with that. YHWH saves us through faith. Not sure why you qualify it every time, though. The Apostle seems comfortable to just say that;

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
                        Ephesians 2:8 KJV

Either your saved or not.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tallen;n5248929] Not sure why you qualify it every time, though.[quote]

Because of the ubiquitous "Word Games" about faith (what it is, what it isn't, whether it's the same as "belief" (intellectual assent + some related religious activity), what the definition of FAITH even is (Like "the Baptist Faith" which isn't a "faith" at all, but a theological system) - etc.

Either your saved or not.
                          True it's a pure dichotomy, You're IN or your OUT, and there's no middle ground.

Comment

Because of the ubiquitous "Word Games" about faith (what it is, what it isn't, whether it's the same as "belief"
                            Faith is belief with fidelity. Simple as that.

If you have faith in YHWH, you will be faithful in your demonstrated continuing loyalty. This is true of any faith. If it doesn't meet this standard it is not faith.

Comment

Faith is belief with fidelity. Simple as that.

If you have faith in YHWH, you will be faithful in your demonstrated continuing loyalty. This is true of any faith. If it doesn't meet this standard it is not faith.
                              Except, of course the Biblical definition of FAITH remains Heb 11:1.

Comment

Working...
                              X