Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

We've all seen it....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've all seen it....

You know, the person or family who are boldly living before God and man with purity and Godly purpose. However, they are weighed down with some horrible sickness or trial. They are praying, their church is praying and the burden remains. Is God allowing this? If so, and since God is infinite and He is capable at any moment to heal and deliver, what is this saying about God's part in all this ?
    Phynerk
    " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

It seems that even mental illness can be effected by YHWH. Perhaps that's why some posters stand against the work of God and justify their open hypocrisy in the forum. No wonder they are unable to accept the Lord's correction and continue in their troubled life.

But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.
    1 Samuel 16:14 KJV
    ---> wof, insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post
      You know, the person or family who are boldly living before God and man with purity and Godly purpose. However, they are weighed down with some horrible sickness or trial. They are praying, their church is praying and the burden remains. Is God allowing this? If so, and since God is infinite and He is capable at any moment to heal and deliver, what is this saying about God's part in all this ?
      Of course God is allowing it. God is in control always. Jesus said the storms of our life would come. Jesus said that He would get us through the storm and be with us. Christianity 101!!!
      Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
        Of course God is allowing it. God is in control always. Jesus said the storms of our life would come. Jesus said that He would get us through the storm and be with us. Christianity 101!!!
        This is not WoF thinking. WoF see all "bad" coming from sin or the individuals unbelief. We are trying to school you from YEARS of experience. You might actually consider our thoughts as helpful rather than evil, mean, and hateful.
        Phynerk
        " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

This is not WoF thinking. WoF see all "bad" coming from sin or the individuals unbelief. We are trying to school you from YEARS of experience. You might actually consider our thoughts as helpful rather than evil, mean, and hateful.
          I believe there are some out there in the WoF that don,t believe what you are saying. Do you have proof that all those in the WOF believe that?

Comment

I believe there are some out there in the WoF that don,t believe what you are saying. Do you have proof that all those in the WOF believe that?
            SW, again from fifteen years of personal experience I can say this that I cannot prove ALL wof folk believe that way but I can tell you MOST do because that belief paradigm is woven into the majority of the messages the normal WoF person receives from their pastors and handlers. You can believe it or not. Also by you being here with very limited wof experience you are not someone in a position to be a champion for their movement. With the personal experience you had with RCC it would seem you would be more effective in that area of CARM.
            Phynerk

Comment

SW, again from fifteen years of personal experience I can say this that I cannot prove ALL wof folk believe that way but I can tell you MOST do because that belief paradigm is woven into the majority of the messages the normal WoF person receives from their pastors and handlers. You can believe it or not. Also by you being here with very limited wof experience you are not someone in a position to be a champion for their movement. With the personal experience you had with RCC it would seem you would be more effective in that area of CARM.
              Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Comment

Actually, what SpokenWord wrote IS taught by my pastors at my WoF church. It's scriptural.
                Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Actually, what SpokenWord wrote IS taught by my pastors at my WoF church. It's scriptural.
                  Sounds like your wof church is not teaching what other wof churches are. Perhaps it is neo-wofism, a watered down wof church that is trying to be more orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

Sounds like your wof church is not teaching what other wof churches are. Perhaps it is neo-wofism, a watered down wof church that is trying to be more orthodox.
                    I agree. My time in WoF does NOT sound like Alf's church at all. Seems like when we lay out the extremes of WoF, those in it begin to throw it under a bus. Like KC....no one's quoting him anymore.
                    Phynerk

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
                      You are welcome. I hope it was the encouragement you need to spend more time in the RCC area than you do here. I think you would be a better steward of you time.
                      Phynerk

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

Sound like your christian church isn't teaching what other christian churches teach. Must be a watered down reform church.

Comment

Sound like your christian church isn't teaching what other christian churches teach. Must be a watered down reform church.
                          Thanks for demonstrating your fantasy life. Is bearing false witness a way you redeem your time?

Comment

Working...
                          X