Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Wof false teachers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wof false teachers

    What is your thinking about addressing wof false teachers and those that support them?
    ---> wof, insert your denial here. <---

  • #2
    Get a rope.

    After the brothers take 'em out back to the woodshed and counsel them in the right ways of God and His Christ.

    I think some sisters might want some o dat, too...
    Last edited by CARM Admin; 06-16-18, 08:46 PM. Reason: alert/post permitted as sarcasm/humor/Note to user futher violence humor not to be posted as divisive/insult to some posters
    BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
    Where Bible and Christian Meet

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tallen View Post
      What is your thinking about addressing wof false teachers and those that support them?
      Here is the answer from the APOSTLE Peter
      .
      1 Peter 3:13 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good?
      14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
      15 but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;
      16 yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
      17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.
      .
      Can't get better than that!
      MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

      1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

      2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

      3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

      4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire







      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jeremiah1five View Post
        Get a rope.
        After the brothers take 'em out back to the woodshed and counsel them in the right ways of God and His Christ.
        I think some sisters might want some o dat, too.
        Really???

        Even if stated facetiously, physical violence is not funny.. Nevertheless, I can understand your exasperation with certain WoFers.
        MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

        1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

        2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

        3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

        4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire







        Comment


        • #5
          False teachers... are...false teachers! They are doing damage to people by perverting the gospel. and as such is accursed. They are accursed according to the Apostle Paul.
          It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

          Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post
            False teachers... are...false teachers! They are doing damage to people by perverting the gospel. and as such is accursed. They are accursed according to the Apostle Paul.
            No posters excepting the WoFers and Woferettes say differently.
            MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

            1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

            2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

            3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

            4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire







            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by john t View Post

              Really???

              Even if stated facetiously, physical violence is not funny.. Nevertheless, I can understand your exasperation with certain WoFers.
              I'm not exasperated. Actually, it's jealousy. For God and the things of God.

              These people want to claim MY LORD (capitalized to represent Yahweh - YWHW), and Savior? That places them in MY camp, not the world's, so we deal with them first as brethren (and unless

              we, or I, have discerned their salvation and they are not of God - 1 Jn. 4:1) then we have no business with the unsaved. Give to CaesarÖ )

              edit/alerts

              1 Cor. 11:18-19.

              When you understand that we are under different Management and that in the Church the Word of God instructs, then commands us to "check our brethren" and those that claim Christ.

              And sometimes we need to get their attention. I've done it and it is Biblical. edit/divisive opinion to a person
              Last edited by CARM Admin; 06-16-18, 08:41 PM. Reason: alerts/comments appear sarcasm/humor/complaints about violence deleted
              BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
              Where Bible and Christian Meet

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by john t View Post

                Here is the answer from the APOSTLE Peter
                .
                1 Peter 3:13 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good?
                14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
                15 but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;
                16 yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
                17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.
                .
                Can't get better than that!
                Well then...either there's a contradiction in Scripture or Paul sinned when he got angry trying to reach people with the gospel the Lord Jesus Christ gave him to share with the 12 tribes.

                Acts 18:8

                BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
                Where Bible and Christian Meet

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jeremiah1five View Post

                  Well then...either there's a contradiction in Scripture or Paul sinned when he got angry trying to reach people with the gospel the Lord Jesus Christ gave him to share with the 12 tribes.

                  Acts 18:8
                  The post is attempting to conflate two DIFFERENT things. Therefore it fails to make a valid point.
                  MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

                  1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

                  2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

                  3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

                  4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire







                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jeremiah1five View Post

                    I'm not exasperated. Actually, it's jealousy. For God and the things of God.
                    <SNIP>
                    Be a Biblical Christian, not a cultural one.
                    How DARE you condemn me for posting Scripture in its context!

                    MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

                    1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

                    2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

                    3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

                    4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire







                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by john t View Post

                      The post is attempting to conflate two DIFFERENT things. Therefore it fails to make a valid point.
                      I was addressing your emotional response, not the Scripture.

                      The problem is not the Bible, it is your interpretation of what God instructs and commands of His Covenant people and their responsibility and obedience to His Word (and in both the world and

                      Israel/Church there are two ways about everything: Life and Death.

                      Are you born of God?
                      BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
                      Where Bible and Christian Meet

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jeremiah1five View Post

                        I was addressing your emotional response, not the Scripture.

                        The problem is not the Bible, it is your interpretation of what God instructs and commands of His Covenant people and their responsibility and obedience to His Word (and in both the world and

                        Israel/Church there are two ways about everything: Life and Death.

                        Are you born of God?
                        One thing I detest is assaults on a Christianís salvation as an attempt to bolster someoneís argument. This is the equivalent of someone screaming racism every time someone disagrees. We are better than that and should stop that immediately.

                        To John Tís point; he is correct. We are to correct with gentleness. There are plenty in the Body of Christ who are seeking to walk in Truth but have been taught error (by intent or by ignorance) yet believe the error. They are sincere and we should provide the Truth in love and gentleness so to not cause them to stumble.

                        To the OPs question; this depends on certain variables.
                        1. Is the teacher a believer or a wolf
                        a. If a wolf (someone who knows they are teaching falsely): identify them (2 Peter. 2) rebuke them (1 Tim 4) and resist them (Titus 1) and then have nothing to do with them (2 Tim 2)
                        b. If a believer (and someone sincere but just in error): correct them in love and gentleness (1 Peter 3). They will then further reveal their heart by their willingness to receive Truth and correction, whether they are in fact brothers or wolves.

                        We must be vigilant yet never think that we have some exemption not to love others. Christ should be fully formed in us and not have some ability to lay Him aside for an occasion for the flesh.
                        1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tallen View Post
                          What is your thinking about addressing wof false teachers and those that support them?
                          It's a "Self-Healing" issue. When it DOESN'T WORK, then questions will arise, and folks caught in it will re-think their theology - plenty of examples of that right here.

                          However, since BIBLICAL WORD OF FAITH is a legitimate theology when properly understood, then eventually there will be VALID Teaching about it, and it'll take its rightful place in the Visible church.

                          The Bible WARNS of false prophets and teachers, and professing Christians tend to remain Biblically ignorant, which is a larger problem than WoF ever was. most of what "church folks" call "FAITH", is nothing more than super-heated "Hope", and Presumption.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by john t View Post

                            How DARE you condemn me for posting Scripture in its context!
                            This post came out of you. The Lord taught His disciples - and I'm one - how to discern/judge a person's "heart" so that we may know who is brethren and who is not because it is sin to for one, call someone "brother/Brethren" or "sister/brethren" and the person is not saved.

                            I prefer to be obedient to Isa. 5:20 and make sure that whoever I call "brother" I make sure we have the same Father.

                            Ya falla.
                            BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
                            Where Bible and Christian Meet

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You shall know them by their love for one another.
                              1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X