Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Today's topic: How many brides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by spokenword View Post
    Are you the part of the number that make up the Bride of Christ? I am.
    Are there millions of brides of Christ..., focus real hard, the claim you made is that there are millions of brides. You have yet to support that doctrine with scripture. We are waiting for that.
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

      Good for you. Are there MILLIONS of brides of Christ as YOU said ?
      The Bride of Christ is made up of millions of believers.Why do you have a problem understanding that?

      Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by spokenword View Post
        The Bride of Christ is made up of millions of believers.Why do you have a problem understanding that?
        So then your repenting of your claim that there are millions of brides? Exactly how many brides does the bible tells us that Christ has? One or millions?

        Why do you have trouble understanding your own words?
        ---> Insert your denial here. <---

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Tallen View Post
          One poster here in this forum claims that Christ has millions of brides. Others have pointed out that scripture clearly teaches He has one bride.

          What do you think, and provide scripture to show your position.

          Thanks
          There is just one bride and it is heavenly Jerusalem our mother as you will see below. The virgins(considered male) will be the chosen of God whom will be the 144,000 holy ones of Jew and Gentile carnal mothers, yet one Father and being born again of the Spirit, being sons as there is no gender in the spirit, who have been conformed to the image of Christ and will be his body the temple(man child Rev.12:5 Isaiah 66:7) in heavenly Jerusalem.

          Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

          10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

          11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

          12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

          13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

          14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
          KJV

          Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

          27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

          28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

          29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
          KJV


          Isa 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

          5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
          KJV

          Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

          2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

          3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

          4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

          5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
          KJV

          Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
          KJV


          Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

          26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

          27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
          KJV


          The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

            There is just one bride and it is heavenly Jerusalem our mother as you will see below. The virgins(considered male) will be the chosen of God whom will be the 144,000 holy ones of Jew and Gentile carnal mothers, yet one Father and being born again of the Spirit, being sons as there is no gender in the spirit, who have been conformed to the image of Christ and will be his body the temple(man child Rev.12:5 Isaiah 66:7) in heavenly Jerusalem.

            Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

            10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

            11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

            12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

            13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

            14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
            KJV

            Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

            27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

            28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

            29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
            KJV


            Isa 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

            5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
            KJV

            Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

            2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

            3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

            4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

            5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
            KJV

            Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
            KJV


            Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

            26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

            27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
            KJV

            Are you a Jehovah Witness?

            Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by spokenword View Post
              Are you a Jehovah Witness?
              Don't use the post to deflect from the topic. Are there millions of brides or one? You've claim both things are true. If there are millions, show scripture.
              ---> Insert your denial here. <---

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
                There is just one bride and it is heavenly Jerusalem our mother as you will see below.
                I agree with this, there is just one bride... that answers the question in the OP. Thanks.



                ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Tallen View Post
                  One poster here in this forum claims that Christ has millions of brides. Others have pointed out that scripture clearly teaches He has one bride.

                  What do you think...

                  Thanks
                  There is only one Bride of Christ... The Church, made up of all believers, OT and NT, who follow YHWH through Messiah Jesus Christ... All true believers together make one bride...

                  ONE BRIDE.... Any other view is heresy...
                  Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Tallen View Post

                    Don't use the post to deflect from the topic. Are there millions of brides or one? You've claim both things are true. If there are millions, show scripture.
                    Millions of brides(believers) make up the One Bride of Christ. Why do you have a problem with that?.

                    Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                      Millions of brides(believers) make up the One Bride of Christ. Why do you have a problem with that?.
                      Teach me where I can find the scripture in the Bible where it says that individual believers are 'brides' please. I always want to learn.
                      Phynerk
                      " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

                        Teach me where I can find the scripture in the Bible where it says that individual believers are 'brides' please. I always want to learn.
                        Every born-again believer is betrothed to Jesus as His bride. @Corinth, 11:2. 2 Corinthians 11:2-3 English Standard Version (ESV)

                        2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.


                        Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                          Every born-again believer is betrothed to Jesus as His bride. @Corinth, 11:2. 2 Corinthians 11:2-3 English Standard Version (ESV)


                          2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

                          Another horrible example of scripture use. Isogesis to the core. Thanks for refuting yourself..., again. The Apostle didn't say that to an individual but to a body of believers, the Corinthian church. Not an example of an individual being an individual bride, but the verse shows the corporate being a bride.

                          Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia: Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
                          2 Corinthians 1:1*-‬2 KJV

                          Let's see your next horrible example of your horrible use of scripture. There is no better witness against you than your own words.

                          Are there millions of brides or one bride of Christ? Let us see you scripture please.
                          Last edited by Tallen; 06-26-18, 01:54 PM.
                          ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

                            There is only one Bride of Christ... The Church, made up of all believers, OT and NT, who follow YHWH through Messiah Jesus Christ... All true believers together make one bride...

                            ONE BRIDE.... Any other view is heresy...
                            Agreed. No problem in that statement, IMO.
                            ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                              The Bride of Christ is made up of all "Born Again Believers" There might be more than millions. EDIT Violation
                              It seems that whoever is teaching you to exegete scripture has failed.

                              Again, show a verse from the Bible that supports your views.
                              It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flatů

                              Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                                Repent from what? I don’t understand the objection people like you who to split hairs and have a pet peeve or a pet doctrine and are not even willing to be corrected from the obvious in the Scriptures.But I do not see how you could come to any other conclusion from reading the Scriptures and others that we didn’t read than this, that the Cchurch is the Bride of Christ.Remember Tallen we are The Church and the Church is the Bride of Christ. Stop trying to argue with the obvious.
                                Red bolding mine.

                                You haven't shown any scripture that says that. When you do, try again.

                                It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flatů

                                Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X