X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tallen
    started a topic Today's topic: How many brides

Today's topic: How many brides

One poster here in this forum claims that Christ has millions of brides. Others have pointed out that scripture clearly teaches He has one bride.

What do you think, and provide scripture to show your position.

Thanks

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post
    Who are the People of the New Jerusalem?
    The Israel of YHWH.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Marsh
    replied
    Who are the People of the New Jerusalem?

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
    Why do you(who ever) delete the scriptures I give? A true person of God, does not delete, nor hinder scripture shown.
    I showed that the Bride and Wife is heavenly Jerusalem, not the people. The people are the offspring of the Woman and are the man child(holy body of Christ being 144,000) son's of God through Christ being of Jew and Gentile in the flesh, but born again by the Spirit, from above to our mother, heavenly Jerusalem, Gal. 4:26, who marry the land of Israel.
    Isa 62:4-5

4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
    KJV
    Didn't know I did since I used the quote feature and left every verse you gave in the quote.

Sratching my head.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Why do you(who ever) delete the scriptures I give? A true person of God, does not delete, nor hinder scripture shown.
    I showed that the Bride and Wife is heavenly Jerusalem, not the people. The people are the offspring of the Woman and are the man child(holy body of Christ being 144,000) son's of God through Christ being of Jew and Gentile in the flesh, but born again by the Spirit, from above to our mother, heavenly Jerusalem, Gal. 4:26, who marry the land of Israel.

4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
    KJV
    Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 10-01-18, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    The bride, the Lamb's wife. Singular, not brides and wives.

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
    Revelation 21:9 KJV
    That is what I showed you, Heavenly Jerusalem is the Bride and wife, we are running the race for the high calling of the son's of God to rule and reign with Christ, the 144,000 holy virgins that are in the image of Christ at his coming for his body. The son's, with Christ as their head, marry the bride... inherit heavenly Jerusalem as our motherland.

KJV

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post
    read here, not so interesting.
    Read this again, not so interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

There is just ONE Bride and Wife of Christ and that is Heavenly Jerusalem, but, there are 144,000 male as our head is male, virgins who will be the holy body of Christ the Man Child of Rev. 12:1-5 born of the Spirit, heavenly Jerusalem and they are the 12 tribes of Jacob(sons of God) of restored Israel being of Jew and Gentile but born again from above. Not of natural Jerusalem that is now, but from above.

KJV

Gal 4:25-28
    or this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
    KJV

Rev 14:1-5
    14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

KJV

Rev 21:9-14

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    KJV

I agree, one bride. Not sure about the rest of your post, you'll have to unpack a whole bunch.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by spokenword View Post
    Now who's doing the dancing?
    You.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied

Tallen started a topic Today's topic: How many brides

06-25-18, 07:33 AM
    Today's topic: How many brides

One poster here in this forum claims that Christ has millions of brides. Others have pointed out that scripture clearly teaches He has one bride.

Thanks
    There is just ONE Bride and Wife of Christ and that is Heavenly Jerusalem, but, there are 144,000 male as our head is male, virgins who will be the holy body of Christ the Man Child of Rev. 12:1-5 born of the Spirit, heavenly Jerusalem and they are the 12 tribes of Jacob(sons of God) of restored Israel being of Jew and Gentile but born again from above. Not of natural Jerusalem that is now, but from above.

KJV

Gal 4:25-28
    or this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
    KJV

Rev 14:1-5
    14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

KJV

Rev 21:9-14

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    KJV

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied

You can dance around this all you want, you still have zero scripture that says there are millions of brides. Still waiting...
    Now who's doing the dancing?

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by spokenword View Post
    No such thing as Christians being the Bride of Christ in Scripture. Prove it with Scripture.
    You can dance around this all you want, you still have zero scripture that says there are millions of brides. Still waiting...

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied

Thanks
    No such thing as Christians being the Bride of Christ in Scripture. Prove it with Scripture.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post

A skyscraper building is made up of billions of parts. So, based on your "understanding", a skyscraper is actually billions of skyscrapers?
    Nope. Not what I said, it's what sw claims. He said there are millions of brides of Christ. Then he walked away and has equivocated by saying there are millions of brides making one bride. He's been asked to show this in scripture, which he hasn't done. He has a great deal of trouble backing up his wild claims.

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

So then your repenting of your claim that there are millions of brides? Exactly how many brides does the bible tells us that Christ has? One or millions?

Why do you have trouble understanding your own words?
    A skyscraper building is made up of billions of parts. So, based on your "understanding", a skyscraper is actually billions of skyscrapers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X