Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What is a faith healer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a faith healer?

What is a faith healer? Liars all in my opinion.

It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

It depends on what you are labeling "faith healers"
    Last edited by Mikey1967; 06-27-18, 09:10 AM.
    1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

A faith healer is anyone who takes God at His Word and knows the benefits of asking, trusting and believing in God alone for their healing. Not a man, nor his sorcery potions, pills and medications Pharmakea/Drug Store that God has no use for and will not share His glory with for any healing, is if He needs the hand of man to help.

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
      KJV
      The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

A faith healer is anyone who takes God at His Word and knows the benefits of asking, trusting and believing in God alone for their healing. Not a man, nor his sorcery potions, pills and medications Pharmakea/Drug Store that God has no use for and will not share His glory with for any healing, is if He needs the hand of man to help.

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
        KJV
        1 Timothy 5:23
        No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.
        Phynerk
        " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

I could be called a "faith healer." I have faith in God and his word, and thereby receive God's healing, through Jesus' name, for myself.

Labeling somebody as a "faith healer" is nonsense. It's not the faith of the one ministering that brings about healing, it's the faith of the one RECEIVING healing (from God, not man).

It was not even Jesus' faith that healed those in the gospels, He always said, "Your faith has healed you."

The bottom line is, if you don't have faith for your healing, no matter who's ministering to you, you ain't going to get healed.
          Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.

So are you saying that the verses previously posted are not true? If so, I cannot agree.

1 Tim 5:22-23
            22 χεῖρας ταχέως μηδενὶ ἐπιτίθει, μηδὲ κοινώνει ἁμαρτίαις ἀλλοτρίαις· σεαυτὸν ἁγνὸν τήρει. (obviously the Greek does not present on the board well)
            23 μηκέτι ὑδροπότει, ἀλλὰ οἴνῳ ὀλίγῳ χρῶ διὰ τὸν στόμαχον καὶ τὰς πυκνάς σου ἀσθενείας.

Do not lay hands on anyone quickly or share in the sins of others; keep yourself pure. (No longer drink only water, but use a little wine, on account of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.)

The context is Timothy keeping himself pure which by context he is refraining from drinking alcohol and only drinking water which the condition of the water is giving him stomach issues. Paul tells him to not just drink water but drink some wine because it will help with the contaminates of the water. (They probably only understood that the water was making him sick and wine helped with that)

So in what way does this negate healing and health by faith? Divine healing and health in no way means that people are not attacked, something tries to come on them nor does it mean that you are never injured and/or need healing. It just means that we get healed quickly by the Lord rather that having to be subject to the rudiments of the world and stay that way (sick).

This is the same thing with Paul in Gal 4:11. The context is around the Jews and their attempt to subvert the gospel that Paul was teaching and Paul previously came to them in an injured state because of the persecution from the Jews and due to that, he was able to preach the gospel to them. An obvious condition that Paul recovered from.

While I agree that there are fakes out there and also charlatans, that does not change the power of God manifesting in the life of the believer.
            1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey1967 View Post

So are you saying that the verses previously posted are not true? If so, I cannot agree.

1 Tim 5:22-23
              22 χεῖρας ταχέως μηδενὶ ἐπιτίθει, μηδὲ κοινώνει ἁμαρτίαις ἀλλοτρίαις· σεαυτὸν ἁγνὸν τήρει. (obviously the Greek does not present on the board well)
              23 μηκέτι ὑδροπότει, ἀλλὰ οἴνῳ ὀλίγῳ χρῶ διὰ τὸν στόμαχον καὶ τὰς πυκνάς σου ἀσθενείας.

Do not lay hands on anyone quickly or share in the sins of others; keep yourself pure. (No longer drink only water, but use a little wine, on account of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.)

The context is Timothy keeping himself pure which by context he is refraining from drinking alcohol and only drinking water which the condition of the water is giving him stomach issues. Paul tells him to not just drink water but drink some wine because it will help with the contaminates of the water. (They probably only understood that the water was making him sick and wine helped with that)

So in what way does this negate healing and health by faith? Divine healing and health in no way means that people are not attacked, something tries to come on them nor does it mean that you are never injured and/or need healing. It just means that we get healed quickly by the Lord rather that having to be subject to the rudiments of the world and stay that way (sick).

This is the same thing with Paul in Gal 4:11. The context is around the Jews and their attempt to subvert the gospel that Paul was teaching and Paul previously came to them in an injured state because of the persecution from the Jews and due to that, he was able to preach the gospel to them. An obvious condition that Paul recovered from.

While I agree that there are fakes out there and also charlatans, that does not change the power of God manifesting in the life of the believer.

Mike, Here's what I resist:
              Not a man, nor his sorcery potions, pills and medications Pharmakea/Drug Store that God has no use for and will not share His glory with for any healing, is if He needs the hand of man to help.

I have NEVER denied God can/will heal. What I do not believe is that healing is in any way on our terms. The poster I copied has no connection with the real world. There are no telling how many people that are alive and having good quality of life because of the "sorcery potions, pills and medications" he shows his superiority over....and GOD gets the glory !

Phynerk
              " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

While this is true, it does not take away from the fact that God heals us by our Faith in Him to do so and by keeping the commandments of Christ(10 in the Stone) to live by, that were condensed to 2, that if kept properly, fulfill all 10.
                Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, but you can only receive healing by faith in his sacrifice, otherwise every human being would instantly be healed without having any faith. Yet, we know it is impossible to please God without Faith, and that works(believing without seeing first) without the faith for them to come to pass is dead faith.
                God never changes and Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever for the Word never dies. The Word has been since the beginning and will always apply to God's people so they can get healed and stay healed for it is the Word that cleanses our flesh from desiring to sin. Sin kills us, not God! He merely has to judge it and we reap what it brought forth.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the BEGINNING. The old commandment is THE WORD which ye have heard from the BEGINNING.
                KJV
                Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 06-27-18, 11:58 AM.
                The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

KJV
                  If YHWH doesn't need material things and/or medications for healing..., why is it commanded to pray and use oil in the name of the Lord. What is the purpose of the oil?
                  ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

If YHWH doesn't need material things and/or medications for healing..., why is it commanded to pray and use oil in the name of the Lord. What is the purpose of the oil?
                    The oil is representative of the Holy Spirit. You also can note that this is a believer and removal of sins is also involved. However, in order to see healing from Jesus, oil is not required. Seen it many times.

Comment

The oil represents the Holy Spirit, for it is the Spirit that gives us the wisdom of God so that we learn God's ways so that we no longer need healing. The tree of life is Jesus, the Word and the Word is Spirit and God is Spirit they all three are One God. We all are called trees and we all produce fruit hopefully of the Spirit as we feed others the Word of God. That is why the Tree of life, Word of life, Spirit of life was in the Midst of the garden for we must make the Word of God the center of our life to live by. The rest of God comes into our life when we find that pearl of wisdom that teaches us the Truth of the Word and we enter into the Peace of heavenly Jerusalem.

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
                      KJV

Comment

Not a man, nor his sorcery potions, pills and medications Pharmakea/Drug Store that God has no use for and will not share His glory with for any healing, is if He needs the hand of man to help.

I have NEVER denied God can/will heal. What I do not believe is that healing is in any way on our terms. The poster I copied has no connection with the real world. There are no telling how many people that are alive and having good quality of life because of the "sorcery potions, pills and medications" he shows his superiority over....and GOD gets the glory !
                        Gotcha. Sometimes it is difficult to derive what someone's position is on these boards.

In regard to medicine; I believe it is a grace that has been given by God to the lost as a means to survive but I do not believe it is His perfect way of healing that He wants His children to believe and walk in. In that I mean true healing, not some show put on by charlatans.

Comment

The real world?? You mean the one that The Almighty Creator is about to destroy because of men turning to man, self and their own abilities instead of Him for their healings and needs? Remember, we are told that the spirit world that we can not see, is more real than what we do see.
                          Then why does God say in the Bible that the meaning of sorcery, sorceries, is drugs, medication, potions, poisoners and pharm(acy)? Why would God, who created all men, need to look to man for some potion to help Him out??
                          Show me one place that Jesus turned a sick or diseased person to seek a healing from a man? or a pill? or what hospital did he build for the sick? Please show me!!!

The herbs that God gave us are fine to use, but not chemicals that man makes and mixes with God's perfect herbs, vegetable, fruits and charges you for them.

What physician did Job turn to for his healing? NONE, but God only is the answer. When you use anything else, you will always share the glory with the thing that YOU or a MAN, Diet, Pill, Exercise or anything else that You did, with your faith in God.. God don't need your help EVER or will He share His glory with nothing and no one!
                          If one can not have enough faith in GOD, not the man that God may bring a healing through who prays for you, then you have to choices. You can remain in your unbelief and seek men that you can see to give you some pacifying pills for your symptoms... or you can begin to exercise your faith with something small and a headache, toothache, and then build from there, taking NOTHING for them only asking God in pray and repentance is need be... Then when your healing comes, you won't have mixed thoughts of WHO took the pain away, for it had to be God for there is nothing else!
                          Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 06-27-18, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey1967 View Post

The oil is representative of the Holy Spirit. You also can note that this is a believer and removal of sins is also involved. However, in order to see healing from Jesus, oil is not required. Seen it many times.
                            Where does the verse say this? In fact, why is there any need for symbolism in healing? I'm thinking the oil is for a reason, other than a philosophical symbol being read into the verse.
                            ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Where does the verse say this? In fact, why is there any need for symbolism in healing? I'm thinking the oil is for a reason, other than a philosophical symbol being read into the verse.
                              We derive it in the same way as we get the Trinity. Isa 61:1 and Acts 10:38 present the Holy Spirit in the form of anointed with. You have Mark 6:13 showing the disciples healing and anointing with oil. Luke 8 shows that Jesus healed by the power of the Holy Spirit. In Matthew 10 He gave that same authority to heal to the disciples. Hebrews 1:9 Christ was anointed with the "oil of joy". 1 Samuel 10, Samuel anointed Saul with oil to receive the Holy Spirit. David received the Holy Spirit in 1 Samuel 16 but we see in Psalms 89 that God anointed David with His "holy oil."

It is throughout the scriptures where the Holy Spirit is symbolized with oil, so James 5 takes on that same relevance in harmony with the rest of the scripture.

Comment

Working...
                              X