Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What is a faith healer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beloved Daughter
    started a topic What is a faith healer?

What is a faith healer?

What is a faith healer? Liars all in my opinion.

• jeremiah1five
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikey1967 View Post

And from where do you get this? It is certainly not from the Greek since both is used interchangeably.
    Check your Greek. Two different words that mean two different things despite the translators.

Or your teachers.
    Last edited by jeremiah1five; 07-02-18, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey1967
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremiah1five View Post

The man who had attitude.

Maybe HIS name is Legion. Or he was just trippin'.

Man is totally responsible for his own sin. Angels - fallen and elect - are STILL obedient to God.
    Wow, just wow

Leave a comment:

• Mikey1967
    replied

You confuse demons and devils as they are two different meanings and things.

Start there and come back.
    And from where do you get this? It is certainly not from the Greek since both is used interchangeably.

Leave a comment:

• jeremiah1five
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post

I don't know exactly what demons are, but to deny their existence is a mistake.

Mark 5:1-13
    5 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes. 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" 8 For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!"

9 Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"

"My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." 13 He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.
    NIV

So, if demons are not real, with whom or what did Jesus converse?
    The man who had attitude.

Maybe HIS name is Legion. Or he was just trippin'.

Man is totally responsible for his own sin. Angels - fallen and elect - are STILL obedient to God.

Leave a comment:

• jeremiah1five
    replied

You seem to be reading this with a bias. Never does the scriptures even allude that devils are not real. Even the passage you site say as much.

Mark 5:15 (KJV)
    15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

and in his right mind speaks to the later condition of the man as opposed to his previous condition. It does not speak to the cause. The cause is explicitly stated in what I underlined and made bold.

But you claim begs these questions:

Did Jesus not know that these were attitudes and in so spoke to what He thought was demons? Was Jesus wrong? “What is your name?” He asked him"
    Did the attitudes speak back to Jesus as if they were persons? "My name is Legion,” he answered Him, “because we are many.” And he kept begging Him not to send them out of the region."
    Did Jesus give pigs a new "attitude?" "Now a large herd of pigs was there, feeding on the hillside. The demons begged Him, “Send us to the pigs, so we may enter them.” And He gave them permission. Then the unclean spirits came out and entered the pigs, and the herd of about 2,000 rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned there."

There really is no possibly way to make to case for what you are claiming.
    You confuse demons and devils as they are two different meanings and things.

Start there and come back.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post
    Personally speculation and certainly not being dogmatic, I think there is a reasonable case that demons are the souls of dead Nephilim. A bastardized being made from elohim (sons of YHWH) and human women. There is nowhere intended in creation for these hybrid beings so their souls have become demonic spirits that torment men and stand against the will of YHWH.

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
    Genesis 6:1*-‬5 KJV

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

There are only three beings in creation: Angels (fallen and elect), man, and God.

Demons, evil 'spirits' are human attitudes. They are not angels.

Mark 5:1-13
    5 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes. 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" 8 For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!"

9 Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"

"My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." 13 He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.
    NIV

So, if demons are not real, with whom or what did Jesus converse?

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Exactly..., unless the plain meaning of scripture is clouded with presupposition.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey1967
    replied

No. Demons, evil spirits, good spirits all originate in man. It is the first thing the Lord must subdue before any healing/blessing takes place.

15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

Demons are human attitudes.
    You seem to be reading this with a bias. Never does the scriptures even allude that devils are not real. Even the passage you site say as much.

and in his right mind speaks to the later condition of the man as opposed to his previous condition. It does not speak to the cause. The cause is explicitly stated in what I underlined and made bold.

But you claim begs these questions:

Did Jesus not know that these were attitudes and in so spoke to what He thought was demons? Was Jesus wrong? “What is your name?” He asked him"
    Did the attitudes speak back to Jesus as if they were persons? "My name is Legion,” he answered Him, “because we are many.” And he kept begging Him not to send them out of the region."
    Did Jesus give pigs a new "attitude?" "Now a large herd of pigs was there, feeding on the hillside. The demons begged Him, “Send us to the pigs, so we may enter them.” And He gave them permission. Then the unclean spirits came out and entered the pigs, and the herd of about 2,000 rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned there."

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied

There are only three beings in creation: Angels (fallen and elect), man, and God.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils (Gr. daimomian, demons); Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
    1 Timothy 4:1-‬3 KJV

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils (daimonian) also believe, and tremble.
    James 2:18-‬19 KJV

Same in the Greek in the following verses, the word daimonian is used to describe these spirits.

And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
    Matthew 8:28-‬32 KJV

And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him. And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
    Luke 8:30-‬31 KJV

Demons are describe; as teaching doctrines, believing there is one God, as many indwelling a single being and speaking with their own voice, and thinking independently than human though. And note, they exist in the Latter Times.

Sounds to me like demons are real spirits that exist outside of just a human attitude. Unless, an attitude can speak separately than the human that it exists in, can teach doctrines and cast into pigs and can call itself by a name other than the human it exists in.

Just sayin'...
    Last edited by Tallen; 07-01-18, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremiah1five
    replied
    Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

So are you saying 'demons' are all in our imagination ?
    No. Demons, evil spirits, good spirits all originate in man. It is the first thing the Lord must subdue before any healing/blessing takes place.

Demons are human attitudes.

Leave a comment:

• Phynerk
    replied

So are you saying 'demons' are all in our imagination ?

Leave a comment:

• jeremiah1five
    replied
    Originally posted by Tallen View Post

Huh!?!

Leave a comment:

• Phynerk
    replied
    Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
    I don't know what all the hub-bub is about.. lets just let the Word of God speak for it's self and not lean on our own understanding:

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
    KJV

It is apparent that a faith healer is anyone whom has matured and has faith IN GOD, and not self to receive their healing. And if you have a sickness due to sin, Confess it as such and REPENT... We are never told to run to a physician to see what he can do the hide the side effects of the disease or sickness..
    Then go, and sin no more. It is not man who God expects us to look to for healing... But HIM taking HIS Word(Jesus) by Faith as our Truth to live by!
    Afaith, you still haven't answered the question I've asked you three times now......have you honestly ever taken medicine are gone to a medical doctor when you were sick ? It's really a simple question to HONESTLY answer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X