Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What say you ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What say you ?

Yesterday a WoF poster indicated that medicine was basically sorcery and going to a doctor would be equal to great sin. Here's is a small example of what I am talking about :
    "Then why does God say in the Bible that the meaning of sorcery, sorceries, is drugs, medication, potions, poisoners and pharm(acy)? Why would God, who created all men, need to look to man for some potion to help Him out??"

T
    oday a very close friend of mine is going in for a grueling round of tests to determine if he is able to donate one of his kidneys to a dying friend. So my question is , how to you see his actions? Is he to be reprimanded for taking part in the "sorcery and faithless activity of doctors and medicine" or is he to be honored by his giving of part of his very life so another might have more years to spend with his loving family ?
    Phynerk
    " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Tradition holds that the NT writer Luke was a physician. Isn't it reasonable to think if Jesus had said something like what the WoF poster believes Luke would have reported it? This idea arises because the Greek word "pharmakia," from which we get "********" and "pharmaceutical," means "medicine," "poisoning," "sorcery" and/or "witchcraft." In many of the cultures in the NT era folks went to the local shaman or priest when ill. It does not mean what we today call medicines are sorcery.

That very close friend of yours is going to be administered a pile of medications if he donates a kidney. Pain killers and antibiotics alone will fill his body with sorcery and as they metabolize every single cell in his body will be infiltrated.

And yet it is a noble thing to save another's life, especially by putting one''s own life at risk.
    All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post

That very close friend of yours is going to be administered a pile of medications if he donates a kidney. Pain killers and antibiotics alone will fill his body with sorcery and as they metabolize every single cell in his body will be infiltrated.
      J, since I don't know much about you, I am hoping this was satirical.

Phynerk
      " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

Originally posted by Phynerk View Post
        Yesterday a WoF poster indicated that medicine was basically sorcery and going to a doctor would be equal to great sin. Here's is a small example of what I am talking about :
        "Then why does God say in the Bible that the meaning of sorcery, sorceries, is drugs, medication, potions, poisoners and pharm(acy)? Why would God, who created all men, need to look to man for some potion to help Him out??"

T
        oday a very close friend of mine is going in for a grueling round of tests to determine if he is able to donate one of his kidneys to a dying friend. So my question is , how to you see his actions? Is he to be reprimanded for taking part in the "sorcery and faithless activity of doctors and medicine" or is he to be honored by his giving of part of his very life so another might have more years to spend with his loving family ?

Since you quoted me, I will tell you that to swap body parts is not in the Bible and why would God allow men to do that? He says that He is the God that heals us. And while we are on the subject, Blood is sacred and should not be shared with other persons. The life of the flesh is in the blood meaning our spirit resides in our blood, which is our true self, we just live in a body. God did not say you will loose your life when your blood is shed, He said the LIFE of the flesh, meaning our spirit, is in the blood. Man can die without shedding one drop of blood and blood or ones life/spirit is what atones for sin, not their flesh. If our spirit/life was not in our blood, then Abel's blood would not have been able to cry out to God.
        Same for plastic surgery is a slap in the face to God, for how ever we were created is how we are to look, To dress our bodies up is fine, but to permanently change it with surgery or tattoos is a sin.

While it may be brave to jump in front of a car or bullet for someone. But, to lay ones life down that God is talking about to save ones life, is to be willing to put up with the PERSECUTION that comes from Unbelievers, when you bring them the Word of God to save their soul from hell. He did not mean to kill, steal or destroy or anything that would disrespect God by belittling His ability to heal, provide or protect His own creation.
        Since you don't agree with Faith in God's Word( WOF), who's word are you having faith in might I ask?

The Word warns us about how it would be in the last days:

2 Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
        KJV
        Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 06-28-18, 09:50 AM.
        The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

Since you quoted me, I will tell you that to swap body parts is not in the Bible and why would God allow men to do that? He says that He is the God that heals us. And while we are on the subject, Blood is sacred and should not be shared with other persons. The life of the flesh is in the blood meaning our spirit resides in our blood, which is our true self, we just live in a body. God did not say you will loose your life when your blood is shed, He said the LIFE of the flesh, meaning our spirit, is in the blood. Man can die without shedding one drop of blood and blood or ones life/spirit is what atones for sin, not their flesh. If our spirit/life was not in our blood, then Abel's blood would not have been able to cry out to God.
          Same for plastic surgery is a slap in the face to God, for how ever we were created is how we are to look, To dress our bodies up is fine, but to permanently change it with surgery or tattoos is a sin.

While it may be brave to jump in front of a car or bullet for someone. But, to lay ones life down that God is talking about to save ones life, is to be willing to put up with the PERSECUTION that comes from Unbelievers, when you bring them the Word of God to save their soul from hell. He did not mean to kill, steal or destroy or anything that would disrespect God by belittling His ability to heal, provide or protect His own creation.
          Since you don't agree with Faith in God's Word( WOF), who's word are you having faith in might I ask?

The Word warns us about how it would be in the last days:

2 Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
          KJV
          I know someone else asked this but you did not answer as I recall. Are you a Jehovah Witness?
          1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Comment

Since you quoted me, I will tell you that to swap body parts is not in the Bible and why would God allow men to do that? He says that He is the God that heals us.
            There are plenty of things that are not in the Bible, like the computing device you are using and why would God allow men to do that ?
            And while we are on the subject, Blood is sacred and should not be shared .....blah,blah,blah
            It ain't worth the effort. Also thanks for not only diminishing my friend's sacrifice, but also to practically put him at odds with God. Like Tallen often says, thanks for your posting. It reveals the WoF that God lead several of us out of.
            Phynerk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey1967 View Post

I know someone else asked this but you did not answer as I recall. Are you a Jehovah Witness?
              I am sorry for my rudeness in not reading and responding to everyone. I don't mean to be rude, just not wanting to be pulled into anger and bickering.
              No, I do not recognize any division of Christ for there is only One Word that I desire to adhere to. I too must know that the things that I show that the Word says, is also for me to follow as well. I am not perfected by a long shot, but I do seek maturity in Christ.
              All denominations have some Truth and some of smoother things that they will accept the Word to say. God's Word is Truth the Whole Truth and nothing but the Truth. God gave us herbs for healing and not the man made chemicals that man adds to them because they do not trust in God. But true healing is from God, not from chemicals that unbelievers create.
              The leaves of the tree of life will again be for the saved nations. Yet the people of God that inherit the Bride(heavenly city of New Jerusalem) will eat of the fruit of the tree of life.

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
              KJV

Here is my church:

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
              KJV

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 06-28-18, 10:31 AM.
              The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

I am sorry for my rudeness in not reading and responding to everyone. I don't mean to be rude, just not wanting to be pulled into anger and bickering.
                No, I do not recognize any division of Christ for there is only One Word that I desire to adhere to. I too must know that the things that I show that the Word says, is also for me to follow as well. I am not perfected by a long shot, but I do seek maturity in Christ.
                All denominations have some Truth and some of smoother things that they will accept the Word to say. God's Word is Truth the Whole Truth and nothing but the Truth. God gave us herbs for healing and not the man made chemicals that man adds to them because they do not trust in God. But true healing is from God, not from chemicals that unbelievers create.
                The leaves of the tree of life will again be for the saved nations. Yet the people of God that inherit the Bride(heavenly city of New Jerusalem) will eat of the fruit of the tree of life.

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                KJV

Here is my church:

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
                KJV
                Please do not overstate nor bloviate. JW is not Christian and denies the deity of Jesus Christ as God in the flesh. Do you agree that Jesus is Lord and God? Not a god but God in the flesh.
                1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Comment

T
                  A lot of the medication out there is rooted in sorcery.Pharmaceutical industry is greedy because of the love of money. Doctors are there but they can only do so much. That is when the Divine Physician steps in,our Lord Jesus Christ..It is in Him that we are to put our Trust in.
                  Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                    A lot of the medication out there is rooted in sorcery.Pharmaceutical industry is greedy because of the love of money. Doctors are there but they can only do so much. That is when the Divine Physician steps in,our Lord Jesus Christ..It is in Him that we are to put our Trust in.
                    How does that address my specific example of my friend ?
                    Phynerk

Comment

Sooo..., what medicines are you on?
                      ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

How does that address my specific example of my friend ?
                        John 15:13 comes to mind. No Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.It is not sin.

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

John 15:13 comes to mind. No Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.It is not sin.

heal

I agree, thanks. Curious, what is the dividing line between medicine and sorcery ? Is there any scripture to help us here ? Afaith seems to put those who use medicine to heal in evil company.
                          Phynerk

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                            Tradition holds that the NT writer Luke was a physician. Isn't it reasonable to think if Jesus had said something like what the WoF poster believes Luke would have reported it? This idea arises because the Greek word "pharmakia," from which we get "********" and "pharmaceutical," means "medicine," "poisoning," "sorcery" and/or "witchcraft." In many of the cultures in the NT era folks went to the local shaman or priest when ill. It does not mean what we today call medicines are sorcery.

And yet it is a noble thing to save another's life, especially by putting one''s own life at risk.
                            ...from which we get "farmacy".....

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

J, since I don't know much about you, I am hoping this was satirical.
                              It is not. It is a bit exaggerated, but the salient point is valid. Do you understand what happens when chemicals are introduced into the body and metabolized? How do you think ibuprofen knows how to go only to the sprained ankle or the sore arm muscle? Do you think it goes right straight from your mouth to the inflamed part of the body? You do understand it does down your esophagus, gets broekn down in the stomach, metabolized through the live, kidney, intestines.... etc.

Or were you asking about the nobility? Romans 5:7

Comment

Working...
                              X