Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Still not seeing....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still not seeing....

After all of these years, I have yet to see a person come in here and convert from any solid denomination to Word Faith... Could it happen? I suppose... Over the years, there have been numerous WoF/WoF-sympathizers come here and leave Word Faith. One got is doctorate with a defense of WoF, then left and is now a covenant believer. Another went to Rhema and came here with questions. Now he is free. A third is now in Grad school working on his Master of Divinity...

In short, any thinking person who is willing to honestly evaluate WOF will eventually leave it...
    Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

I practically grew up in Presbyterian churches. I left in my early teen years because I wasn't getting anything out of it. When I was in my 30's I started looking for a church. I wanted a church where God was evident. I tried a Baptist church, but didn't see any explicit evidence of God there so I left. In 1982 I went to a WoF church. There I saw happening what the early church had happening, and the second service I gave my life to Christ and was born again. In 1985 I started going to another WoF church that was closer to where I lived, and have been there ever since.

This thinking person who has seen God's presence in his WoF church isn't going anywhere else.
    Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post
      I practically grew up in Presbyterian churches. I left in my early teen years because I wasn't getting anything out of it. When I was in my 30's I started looking for a church. I wanted a church where God was evident. I tried a Baptist church, but didn't see any explicit evidence of God there so I left. In 1982 I went to a WoF church. There I saw happening what the early church had happening, and the second service I gave my life to Christ and was born again. In 1985 I started going to another WoF church that was closer to where I lived, and have been there ever since.

This thinking person who has seen God's presence in his WoF church isn't going anywhere else.
      If you were a thinking person, you wouldn't believe the BAJ/JDS doctrine and would also realize that it is inconsistent with Trinitarian doctrine. If you were a thinking person, you would realize that Satan masquerades as an Angel of Light and will manifest in "signs and wonders" to convince the weak or faithless people...

Al, you gave yourself away early in your post. You were looking for things to happen... You weren't looking for sound theology or people who walk a holy/blameless/righteous life...
      Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

Comment

Time for you to think this through and come out of the wof error, and instead of looking for God in the wind, find Him in a still small voice speaking through His word.
        ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

Al, you gave yourself away early in your post. You were looking for things to happen... You weren't looking for sound theology or people who walk a holy/blameless/righteous life...
          I wasn't looking just "for things to happen." I was looking for actual evidence of God's presence. I found it only in a WoF church. The denominational churches bore more resemblance to religious social clubs.
          Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

I wasn't looking just "for things to happen." I was looking for actual evidence of God's presence. I found it only in a WoF church. The denominational churches bore more resemblance to religious social clubs.
            I'll suggest that you'll never find any evidence of God's presence in any denominational or wof church..., you will only find that through faith, trust and fidelity to YHWH and His teachings. Even if you were all alone on a deserted island, and in contact with no organized church, you can experience Him through faith. 😉

Comment

I wasn't looking just "for things to happen." I was looking for actual evidence of God's presence. I found it only in a WoF church.
              Alf, you sound just like me only many years ago when I was wof. I was always looking for something, always yearning for a "refreshing" move of the Spirit. Claiming over and over to other wof and orthodox all the miracles I witnessed all those healings that I imagined I saw. The only problem was I didn't actually see them personally but were the testimonies of others that claimed they experienced them first hand....at least that's what they said and, hey, they wouldn't lie about something like that ! We here can't tell you all the times we have asked folk like yourself to somehow show us the proof. If you are seeing the evidence of God's presence as you say it shouldn't be super difficult to video it or something. I'm reminded of 1Tim 3:15 where Paul tells us that the church is the pillar and ground of the truth.....not goosebumps.
              Phynerk
              " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

[QUOTE=Tallen;n5373553]

I'll suggest that you'll never find any evidence of God's presence in any denominational or wof church...,[QUOTE] PFFT!! I disagree with you.Another one that has no use for His Gifts and the Church.
                Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

[QUOTE=spokenword;n5374723][QUOTE=Tallen;n5373553]

I'll suggest that you'll never find any evidence of God's presence in any denominational or wof church...,
                  PFFT!! I disagree with you.Another one that has no use for His Gifts and the Church.
                  Bearing false witness again. Poor fellow. BTW, how long you been posting in the forums and you still can't post right.

Now, show your scripture for your claim. Get to it.

Comment

My mom attended charismatic services. She's a very smart lady. She saw the fake healings, the very subtle sleight of hand. She saw enough!
                    It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flatů

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Comment

Originally posted by Taln View Post

I'll suggest that you'll never find any evidence of God's presence in any denominational or wof church...
                      Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                      PFFT!! I disagree with you.Another one that has no use for His Gifts and the Church

Tell me, where is your evidence that Tallen or any other poster has no use for the church. Or is this yet another personal attack?

Post the evidence here and let's be done with it.

While I'm at it, FIX your formatting. It confuses readers. I shouldn't have to untangle your posts.
                      Last edited by Beloved Daughter; 07-11-18, 12:44 AM.
                      It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flatů

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

I'll suggest that you'll never find any evidence of God's presence in any denominational or wof church...,

Bearing false witness again. Poor fellow. BTW, how long you been posting in the forums and you still can't post right.

Now, show your scripture for your claim. Get to it.
                        Amen! We shouldn't have to untangle the post to see who said what and to whom they are talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

My mom attended charismatic services. She's a very smart lady. She saw the fake healings, the very subtle sleight of hand. She saw enough!
                          And what was the criteria she used to determine they were fake?

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

Tell me, where is your evidence that Tallen or any other poster has no use for the church. Or is this yet another personal attack?

Post the evidence here and let's be done with it.

While I'm at it, FIX your formatting. It confuses readers. I shouldn't have to untangle your posts.
                            What he doesn't realize is that the church is people..., not a denomination or wof building. 😉

Comment

And what was the criteria she used to determine they were fake?
                              I can tell you how I determined it was fake..., it was based in horrible theology, hyped up miracles without verification, people that was claimed to be healed and was still sick, lying about miracles, claims of raising the dead and no raised dead, and on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X