Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Still not seeing....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spokenword
    replied
    [QUOTE=Tallen;n5822646]

If you have a more accurate set of facts, come forward with them.[/QUOTE Your resources (9.999999%) must come from the peanut gallop poll.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by Rockson View Post

You wouldn't happen to work for CNN would you? They're pretty good at fact checking...NOT!
    If you have a more accurate set of facts, come forward with them.

Leave a comment:

• Rockson
    replied
    Originally posted by Tallen View Post

And most of the time (99.9999999%) healing was never accomplished despite the presumption and emotional displays of being deceived.
    You wouldn't happen to work for CNN would you? They're pretty good at fact checking...NOT!

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by spokenword View Post
    Yep, sounds about right that percentage (99.9) of your unbelief.
    About right with how deceived you are.

Leave a comment:

• Rockson
    replied
    Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

Salvation is the only promise that God applies to all Christians. Any thing else is his choice...
    Was it only God's choice when in Luke 13:16 Jesus stated,

And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day?” Luke 13:16

Jesus obviously was inferring it was her right to be healed....and why? She was a daughter of Abraham! Was is it about being a daughter of Abraham that guaranteed this healing?

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied

And most of the time (99.9999999%) healing was never accomplished despite the presumption and emotional displays of being deceived.
    Yep, sounds about right that percentage (99.9) of your unbelief.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

Salvation is the only promise that God applies to all Christians. Any thing else is his choice...
    Even the gift of salvation is His choice.

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

This is terrible...you quote the entire passage, and the best you can say is "...Galatians 3 is discussing Salvation. Nothing else..." What is inherent in salvation, if not that we are all, now children of Abraham, and therefore partakers of his covenant, and, as Rockson pointed out so correctly, not subject to the whims of an inscrutable God, but to the God Whom Jesus showed forth on that day with Abraham's daughter?

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post

God doesn't work by statistics. His word is true, and can be counted on to do what he says. Any failures are on us, not God.
    God's word does what he means it to do. God's word doesn't do what we mean it to do, unless we are in agreement with him...

And, my God is big enough to overcome my failures...

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied

Thumb? No...Ted, please. Hebrews 11 doesn't give me the luxury of unbelief or to characterize non-answers to prayer as the will of an inscrutable god. They died believing without seeing. Jesus said "The night is coming where no man can work." He foresaw this test...and knew there would be those who confuse experience with divine revelation, and despise the Word for that. When I pastored, I had a close friend die in my arms as I prayed for her healing. Do you want me to explain it? I can't. Do you want me to blame someone? For what purpose? I lost a battle, and a friend...David faced that, and he was a man after God's heart. Well, that's what I'm after too! Or...shall I just stop praying? Or, chastened by "my failure" shall I instruct my theology according to my experience, as so many here seem to have done? Or..."...thy will be done," as if He did not reveal His will, and there is no promise in the Bible that allows God to be known as we are known.

The Word instructs me what to believe. My eyes direct my prayers...when what I see is as it is written, I will have seen the answer to my prayer which has always been as I've been instructed, "Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." I at least know what that means. No wheelchairs or cancer in heaven...therefore I keep praying as if Jesus did not waste a single word in His instructions.
    So you pray for your broken thumb to be healed and your thumb stays broken until you die and go to heaven. I got it.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

How does that work? Do you pray once for your broken thumb..., then pray every day thanking the Lord for healing your thumb for the next twelve weeks until your thumb is healed? Or do you pray that the Lord will heal your broken thumb every day until your thumb has healed?

What is substantially different in your prayers than other Christians praying for their broken thumbs?
    Thumb? No...Ted, please. Hebrews 11 doesn't give me the luxury of unbelief or to characterize non-answers to prayer as the will of an inscrutable god. They died believing without seeing. Jesus said "The night is coming where no man can work." He foresaw this test...and knew there would be those who confuse experience with divine revelation, and despise the Word for that. When I pastored, I had a close friend die in my arms as I prayed for her healing. Do you want me to explain it? I can't. Do you want me to blame someone? For what purpose? I lost a battle, and a friend...David faced that, and he was a man after God's heart. Well, that's what I'm after too! Or...shall I just stop praying? Or, chastened by "my failure" shall I instruct my theology according to my experience, as so many here seem to have done? Or..."...thy will be done," as if He did not reveal His will, and there is no promise in the Bible that allows God to be known as we are known.

The Word instructs me what to believe. My eyes direct my prayers...when what I see is as it is written, I will have seen the answer to my prayer which has always been as I've been instructed, "Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." I at least know what that means. No wheelchairs or cancer in heaven...therefore I keep praying as if Jesus did not waste a single word in His instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post
    God doesn't work by statistics. His word is true, and can be counted on to do what he says. Any failures are on us, not God.
    Agreed..., God doesn't work by statistics. But His works are demonstratable and given to honest testimony.

Agreed again. YHWH'S word is true and certainly can be counted on.

Agreed the third time, any failures are on us..., especially when those failures are based on horrible teachings and men out to deceive people for personal gain.

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by spokenword View Post
    And sometimes they lose their healing due to unbelief.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    And I reassign myself the task of praying until I see the expected results.
    How does that work? Do you pray once for your broken thumb..., then pray every day thanking the Lord for healing your thumb for the next twelve weeks until your thumb is healed? Or do you pray that the Lord will heal your broken thumb every day until your thumb has healed?

What is substantially different in your prayers than other Christians praying for their broken thumbs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X