Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Still not seeing....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yodas_Prodigy
    started a topic Still not seeing....

Still not seeing....

After all of these years, I have yet to see a person come in here and convert from any solid denomination to Word Faith... Could it happen? I suppose... Over the years, there have been numerous WoF/WoF-sympathizers come here and leave Word Faith. One got is doctorate with a defense of WoF, then left and is now a covenant believer. Another went to Rhema and came here with questions. Now he is free. A third is now in Grad school working on his Master of Divinity...

In short, any thinking person who is willing to honestly evaluate WOF will eventually leave it...

• Tallen
    replied
    Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

You're living in a fantasy Ted...you have no clue what has just been said.
    You're right..., I read you post a half dozen times and have no clue what it meant or to what you were responding to or about. Had nothing to do with my comment to you. Don't even know why you would have bore false witness about "every single poster"..., a very strange comment based upon pure fantasy.

What folks?
    That's what I asked, what folks? I didn't mention any folks, I mentioned you, no one else.

To whom is your sig directed, if not to anyone who would waste time responding to you, who have declared that you expect shallow denial and nothing more?
    To those who deny what I say..., they should insert their denial. I didn't mention any particular group, sect or person..., did I?

Thanks for showing how you read fantasy in my posts, even my Sig. It was great to see.

BTW, I don't expect you to get this...
    Then why write it to me.

BTW, I expect you will create some fantasy to read into my post, beat on that fantasy, and call me ignorant by telling me I won't get it, will never understand what you say, or some other ad hominem. It is your hermenuetic in action.

Leave a comment:

• Yodas_Prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tallen View Post

The point YP is making is that the wofist, in this forum, are ineffective and not able to convincingly win people into wof..., while many who have come to the forum have been convinced to leave or avoid it. Your posts are a good example. Your not winning people over to wof, just treading water with ineffective posts that demonstrate misuse and misunderstanding scripture often taken out of context and presupposition read into them. Especially when you are met with folks familiar with wofism and can address it's errors with good theology and well thought out rebuttals. Most thinking people can easily recognize wof hermeneutics and see the abuse and error they produce. YP was pointing this out, and gave some good examples of folks that have done what he said. Even one wof book author and wof doctor that left shortly after coming to the forum. Many others, even a Rehma graduate and personal friend of the Hagins, who came here with an open mind and desire for truth.

So..., I'm hoping that, as a thinking person as you claim, you will be open to examining your own presuppositions with reasonable and rational discussions of scripture. So far, you haven't been up to that task all the time.
    I am glad you so eloquently summarized my post...

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

HUH!?!

Some fantasy you are importing into what I said?

HUH!?! What folks? My comment was direct to you. But thank you for showing how you create things to read into a post, it demonstrates exactly your technique of reading scripture.

tyfyt, must not be so bad as you make it out to be when you use it. But this is your sincere discussions, I suppose.
    You're living in a fantasy Ted...you have no clue what has just been said.

What folks?

To whom is your sig directed, if not to anyone who would waste time responding to you, who have declared that you expect shallow denial and nothing more?

BTW, I don't expect you to get this...

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied

"...every single poster who seeks civil dialog..." turns into me? And I'm fantasizing?
    HUH!?!

Some fantasy you are importing into what I said?

Tyfyt, Ted. The folks you're flipping off already suspect the level to which a discussion with you will tend.
    HUH!?! What folks? My comment was direct to you. But thank you for showing how you create things to read into a post, it demonstrates exactly your technique of reading scripture.

tyfyt, must not be so bad as you make it out to be when you use it. But this is your sincere discussions, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

I don't believe, for a second, that you seek civil dialog..., especially watching you seek a continuous back and forth based upon scenarios created in your fantasies and presented to illicit responses based upon them. You have seldom had a civil dialog with me as you assert what I mean, respond and refute your assertions acting like they are actually my thoughts and pretend as though you've actually had conversation with me.

No, Pete, this is the furthest thing from civil dialog that could ever exist. Even something like tyfyt gets distorted and presented according to your fantasies. Even after I explained, clearly and plainly, to you why I use it. You even agreed with me when I told you. Only to watch you since then, misrepresent and distort what I said.

Civil dialog..., naaa. You have zero desire for it, else you would change your tired old technique that many have pointed out for a very long time.

Sig.
    "...every single poster who seeks civil dialog..." turns into me? And I'm fantasizing?

Tyfyt, Ted. The folks you're flipping off already suspect the level to which a discussion with you will tend.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied

Twenty years responding to straw man arguments, fantasies and rhetoric...I've prayed for Joe's finger as often as Jesus produced signs for the critics...What's entertaining is to watch you seek to justify your sig, as if you weren't insulting every single poster who seeks civil dialog. No denial to insert...none needed either: Your sig makes the point.
    I don't believe, for a second, that you seek civil dialog..., especially watching you seek a continuous back and forth based upon scenarios created in your fantasies and presented to illicit responses based upon them. You have seldom had a civil dialog with me as you assert what I mean, respond and refute your assertions acting like they are actually my thoughts and pretend as though you've actually had conversation with me.

No, Pete, this is the furthest thing from civil dialog that could ever exist. Even something like tyfyt gets distorted and presented according to your fantasies. Even after I explained, clearly and plainly, to you why I use it. You even agreed with me when I told you. Only to watch you since then, misrepresent and distort what I said.

Civil dialog..., naaa. You have zero desire for it, else you would change your tired old technique that many have pointed out for a very long time.

Sig.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

There is a twenty year history based on wof statements and claims..., no fantasy at all.

Have you prayed for the restoration of Joe's finger? Hmmm...

What's entertaining is to watch you fulfill my Sig with almost every one of your posts.

Enjoy your day.
    Twenty years responding to straw man arguments, fantasies and rhetoric...I've prayed for Joe's finger as often as Jesus produced signs for the critics...What's entertaining is to watch you seek to justify your sig, as if you weren't insulting every single poster who seeks civil dialog. No denial to insert...none needed either: Your sig makes the point.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied

That's why this is so entertaining: Two sentences of pure fantasy in the form of your projection...your straw man...and then...dismissal.

Guess you're pretty proud of your capacity to prove stuff...Well done. WoFEC/WD (WoF extends congratulations. Well done.)
    There is a twenty year history based on wof statements and claims..., no fantasy at all.

Have you prayed for the restoration of Joe's finger? Hmmm...

What's entertaining is to watch you fulfill my Sig with almost every one of your posts.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

You wouldn't pray if I did need to grow it back. You'd claim my lack of faith and tell me to pray for myself. Claim the Pharisee and casting pearls cards and then create a fantasy to project on me and beg the question with questions based in fantasy.

tyfyt
    That's why this is so entertaining: Two sentences of pure fantasy in the form of your projection...your straw man...and then...dismissal.

Guess you're pretty proud of your capacity to prove stuff...Well done. WoFEC/WD (WoF extends congratulations. Well done.)

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied
    BTW...sorry to hear about your thumb. Glad we don't have to pray that it grow back.
    You wouldn't pray if I did need to grow it back. You'd claim my lack of faith and tell me to pray for myself. Claim the Pharisee and casting pearls cards and then create a fantasy to project on me and beg the question with questions based in fantasy.

tyfyt

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

I'm glad we can agree, you pray and don't see results. Your broken thumb stayed broken the rest of your life.

Just fine, thank you. My broken thumb healed.

To me, my God uses my prayers as a means to accomplish His will according TO His word. My thumb healed.
    Can't get over the comedy...I know...your thumb healed...as usual...and your prayers...did nothing as usual but satisfy a bizarre desire for the form of godliness, while denying even scoffing at any expectation of power...exactly as god purposed and as Paul affirmed. You had all the power of the atheist with a broken thumb...whose god heals thumbs the same way, most of the time, as his inscrutable whim will allow.

BTW...sorry to hear about your thumb. Glad we don't have to pray that it grow back.

Leave a comment:

• Rockson
    replied
    Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

Salvation is the only promise that God applies to all Christians. Any thing else is his choice...
    Not in the way you're meaning it it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Tallen
    replied

I pray for everything...and re-read Hebrews 11. Here's what strikes me, their faith never failed, though they saw not. Their testimony was never that of failure...they believed without seeing.
    I'm glad we can agree, you pray and don't see results. Your broken thumb stayed broken the rest of your life.

So...how are you doing.
    Just fine, thank you. My broken thumb healed.

To me it sometimes looks like we're quite satisfied with ourselves, though we're stuck making excuses, and creating a theology of convenient impotence, for a god who decided not to watch over His Word to perform it...despite His promise to do just that.
    To me, my God uses my prayers as a means to accomplish His will according TO His word. My thumb healed.

Leave a comment:

• tbeachhead
    replied

So you pray for your broken thumb to be healed and your thumb stays broken until you die and go to heaven. I got it.
    I pray for everything...and re-read Hebrews 11. Here's what strikes me, their faith never failed, though they saw not. Their testimony was never that of failure...they believed without seeing.

So...how are you doing. To me it sometimes looks like we're quite satisfied with ourselves, though we're stuck making excuses, and creating a theology of convenient impotence, for a god who decided not to watch over His Word to perform it...despite His promise to do just that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X