Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Acts 14:22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Acts 14:22

    And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.”
    Acts 14:21*-‬22 NKJV
    https://bible.com/bible/114/act.14.21-22.NKJV
    Phynerk
    " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

  • #2
    At the time when Paul wrote this Christianity was not the dominate religion it is today. Although for some, i.e. Christian bakery owners, this is still happening.
    Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

    Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

    Comment


    • #3
      I would hope you would agree that persecution is not the only form of " tribulations ".
      Phynerk
      " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Phynerk View Post
        I would hope you would agree that persecution is not the only form of " tribulations ".
        Right..., trolls in the forum that apply their hypocrisy to dinegrate and judge us are persecutions to.
        ---> Insert your denial here. <---

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AlFin View Post
          At the time when Paul wrote this Christianity was not the dominate religion it is today.
          So. What does that have to do with the claim from scripture that " with many TRIBULATIONS we will enter the kingdom"??
          Phynerk
          " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

          Comment


          • #6
            Tribulation - a state of great trouble or suffering. This is a regular part of life. These tribulations are what causes us to grow and also reveals where we are at in our spiritual growth. Many times, tribulation is an act of Satan, like trolls who often post in these forums.
            Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post
              Tribulation - a state of great trouble or suffering. This is a regular part of life. These tribulations are what causes us to grow and also reveals where we are at in our spiritual growth. Many times, tribulation is an act of Satan, like trolls who often post in these forums.
              Jesus said that the storms would come just like many in this forum that blow a lot of wind.

              Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                Jesus said that the storms would come just like many in this forum that blow a lot of wind.
                Do you blow a lot of wind?
                ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

                  So. What does that have to do with the claim from scripture that " with many TRIBULATIONS we will enter the kingdom"??
                  In America we have far less tribulations than in Paul's day, yet are still able to enter the kingdom of God.
                  Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

                  Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AlFin View Post

                    In America we have far less tribulations than in Paul's day, yet are still able to enter the kingdom of God.
                    So I take it that you equate persecution to tribulation. How does suffering, sickness, and the pressures of life factor in ?
                    Phynerk
                    " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by AlFin View Post

                      In America we have far less tribulations than in Paul's day, yet are still able to enter the kingdom of God.
                      Are you suggesting that the Apostle was lying?
                      ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tallen View Post

                        Are you suggesting that the Apostle was lying?
                        No, just that we're not living in the first century AD.
                        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

                        Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

                          So I take it that you equate persecution to tribulation. How does suffering, sickness, and the pressures of life factor in ?
                          YP gave the definition of "tribulation" as: "a state of great trouble or suffering."

                          I know of some who have gone through this, and those who have were delivered by the Lord. Now they no longer live in tribulation.
                          Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

                          Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AlFin View Post

                            No, just that we're not living in the first century AD.
                            The time we are living in is irrelevant to the claim of scripture that we must go through tribulation ( see YP's definition of tribulation ) to enter the kingdom.
                            Phynerk
                            " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

                              The time we are living in is irrelevant to the claim of scripture that we must go through tribulation ( see YP's definition of tribulation ) to enter the kingdom.
                              If you say so. But it's like the Psalmist said in Ps 23:4
                              Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

                              We are to "walk" through the valley, not set up camp there.
                              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

                              Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X