Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Proverbs 22:22-23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wof and Proverbs 22:22-23

    Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: for the Lord will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.
    Proverbs 22:22-23 KJVA
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: for the Lord will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.
    Proverbs 22:22-23 KJVA
    Sadly, verses of this nature go right over a Wof's head. It's the same when you attempt to talk about tribulation and suffering. To them it ONLY means persecution. To a Wof, all sickness, trouble, pressures of life fall under another category where you must respond with binding, loosing, confession, claiming the blood, etc. i.e., WORKS. They cannot entertain a notion that the suffering is actually being orchestrated by God for our good and His Glory.
    Phynerk
    " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

      Sadly, verses of this nature go right over a Wof's head. It's the same when you attempt to talk about tribulation and suffering. To them it ONLY means persecution. To a Wof, all sickness, trouble, pressures of life fall under another category where you must respond with binding, loosing, confession, claiming the blood, etc. i.e., WORKS. They cannot entertain a notion that the suffering is actually being orchestrated by God for our good and His Glory.
      Yes, YHWH is soveriegn and our experiences in life are subject to His providence. wof has trouble with that concept.
      ---> Insert your denial here. <---

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Phynerk View Post

        Sadly, verses of this nature go right over a Wof's head. It's the same when you attempt to talk about tribulation and suffering. To them it ONLY means persecution. To a Wof, all sickness, trouble, pressures of life fall under another category where you must respond with binding, loosing, confession, claiming the blood, etc. i.e., WORKS. They cannot entertain a notion that the suffering is actually being orchestrated by God for our good and His Glory.
        WORKS...WORKS....WORKS.....???? Oh no so are you people a bunch of Calvinists here that believe just because God tells us to do something like Moses stretching out the rod over the Red Sea that makes him doing ... WORKS? The Bible teaches about binding and loosing, Matt 18:18 the Bible teaches that Jesus is the High Priest of our Confession (profession) Heb 4 :14 and the Bible teaches that they over came the devil by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony. Rev 12:11

        Yeah I know...some of you dear folks here are going to say you were Word of Faith at one time....well so what? I've appreciated much word of faith teaching since the late 70's. Have I seen any things said or done in the extreme. Yeah perhaps from time to time. The basic concepts of scripture however if employed do bring great victory as it has in my life since as I say the late 70's.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tallen View Post
          Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: for the Lord will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.
          Proverbs 22:22-23 KJVA
          Yes,we need compassion just like Jesus had.

          Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rockson View Post

            WORKS...WORKS....WORKS.....???? Oh no so are you people a bunch of Calvinists here that believe just because God tells us to do something like Moses stretching out the rod over the Red Sea that makes him doing ... WORKS? The Bible teaches about binding and loosing, Matt 18:18 the Bible teaches that Jesus is the High Priest of our Confession (profession) Heb 4 :14 and the Bible teaches that they over came the devil by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony. Rev 12:11

            Yeah I know...some of you dear folks here are going to say you were Word of Faith at one time....well so what? I've appreciated much word of faith teaching since the late 70's. Have I seen any things said or done in the extreme. Yeah perhaps from time to time. The basic concepts of scripture however if employed do bring great victory as it has in my life since as I say the late 70's.
            Oh..., so your wof religion teaches you that giving to the poor and oppressing the afflicted is ok because it's a WORK...WORK...WORK? Got it. Your biased feelings toward Calvinist makes it ok to do this?

            For I was ahungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
            Matthew 25:42*, ‬45 KJVA
            ---> Insert your denial here. <---

            Comment

            Working...
            X