Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Hebrews 11:1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wof and Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Hebrews 11:1 KJVA
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Without Faith its impossible to please God.Still using the KJVA I see. Invest in a New Translation that doesn,t contain errors.
    Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Just for reference, what does a non-WoF think this means?
      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Waiting for Tallen,s response to these tough questions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
          Without Faith its impossible to please God.Still using the KJVA I see. Invest in a New Translation that doesn,t contain errors.
          What errors do you find in the KJV that up sets you?

Comment

What does that matter to your wofist beliefs?

Comment

What does that matter to your wofist beliefs?
              Heb 11:1-2

1 NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

2 For by [faith trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report.
              AMP 1987

These verses are clear enough to make it difficult to mess up. Also, see my signature panel, below.
              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

What errors do you find in the KJV that up sets you?
                The Apocrypha that was added to your KJVA is where the errors are contained. You said you read Matt Slicks article but you still deny the errors contained in the Apocrypha.Must be those demonic influences.

Comment

Heb 11:1-2

1 NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

2 For by [faith — trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report.
                  AMP 1987

These verses are clear enough to make it difficult to mess up. Also, see my signature panel, below.
                  I agree, but I don't agree with the other translations, only the KJV for the understanding that God wants us to learn, not man's version.
                  But many read it as saying Now Faith, as in "Now, when you speak of faith" it is this....

But what the words, "NOW FAITH", is really saying, is Right this moment Faith!, not future, but NOW when you ask, believe your receive it, even when you don't see it YET!

Carnal Man needs for God to show it, Before they can believe. But the Just shall live by faith as their way, They take God at His Word(Jesus) and believe it is done before they need to see it manifest, but thanking Him, giving glory unto God, trusting Him as who will bring it to pass according to their faith, be it unto them. Immediate faith is the cost/SUBTSANCE for God to deliver on His promises written in His Word. You will never see your promised land, until you mix God's Word of promise with your FAITH, He is not going to come to you personally and hand you anything!
                  Heb 11:1-4

11:1 NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
                  KJV
                  Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-10-18, 02:24 PM.
                  The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

The Apocrypha that was added to your KJVA is where the errors are contained. You said you read Matt Slicks article but you still deny the errors contained in the Apocrypha.Must be those demonic influences.
                    You are bearing false witness again. I have never claimed the Apocrapha canonical..., I have claimed it is in the KJV of the bible. In fact, it was in all the Reformation and Protestant bibles. BTW, it wasn't added to the KJV, it was in the KJV until modern text critics took it out around the late 1800s. You really should educate yourself a bit.

You still haven't read what the KJV translators said about this..., your ignorance shines through your false witness. You really should stop bearing false witness.

Are those demonic influences that you claim influence you what is behind your false witness? I would like for you to answer this.
                    Last edited by Tallen; 11-10-18, 02:40 PM.

Comment

You are bearing false witness again. I have never claimed the Apocrapha canonical.
                      Where did I make that claim? Again must be those demonic influences that bring false accusations.

Comment

Where did I make that claim? Again must be those demonic influences that bring false accusations.
                        Where did I say you said that? Must be that demonic influence you claim to have telling you lies, hey?

You bore false witness when you said that I said there was no error in the Apocrapha. That is bearing false witness. So..., because of your claim I pointed out I have never said that the Apocrapha is Canonical, which most people attribute to God's word and without error. You see how that works?

Hope that helps your mind.
                        Last edited by Tallen; 11-10-18, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Once again, you've deleted and ignored most of my post. Why do you ignore this stuff? It doesn't make it go away. Is that how that demonic influence that you claim makes you behave? Ignoring truth keeps you ignorant..., I suppose that is the tactic of demons.

Comment

Where did I say you said that? Must be that demonic influence you claim to have telling you lies, hey?

You bore false witness when you said that I said there was no error in the Apocrapha. That is bearing false witness. So..., because of your claim I pointed out I have never said that the Apocrapha is Canonical, which most people attribute to God's word and without error. You see how that works?

Hope that helps your mind.
                            It does!!! My mind is fine. So why would you want a bible that contains historical errors in it? Lets see if you are capable of answering my question.

Comment

It does!!! My mind is fine. So why would you want a bible that contains historical errors in it? Lets see if you are capable of answering my question.
                              I've answered your ignorant question and linked you to it many times? So why do you continue to ignore and deny what I've already done?

Have you read what the KJV translators said about the Apocrapha yet?

Yet another one of your posts that bears false witness. It seems your whole purpose here is to bear false witness. Poor fellow.

Comment

Working...
                              X