Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Tithing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=spokenword;n5712748]
    Originally posted by Tallen View Post

What are you tithing? Where does scripture tell you to tithe this?[/QUOTE I tithe 10 % of all my income (money). ]Proverbs 3:9-10 - Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.If Jesus kept the law perfectly than Jesus gave of His tithes. DWJWD!!!!! Jesus didn't come to change the law but to fulfill it. He told the Jews that they out to tithe in the NT..10%(tithe) is only the starting point.You want to continue to be rebellious than go ahead. Its between you and God.
    How am I not honoring the Lord with my wealth? I give more than a tithe. How am I being rebellious? And, you didn't answer this, do you do all of the Levitical tithing? If you keep part of that law, you should keep the whole..., do you? If you aren't giving your share, there was three different tithes, 30%, you are withholding your tithes.
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

The tithe to the Levites and to support the Temple and priest. Numbers 18
      The tithe of the Feast. Deuteronomy 14
      The tithe for the poor. Deuteronomy 14

Then on top of this are offerings and gifts to be given.

So tell me SW, do you follow these tithes? If not you are robbing God by not filling your complete obligation.

In your effort to find something to dinegrate, judge and condemn me..., you have once again shown your own hypocrisy and extreme ignorance. Thanks for your post.

Comment

If you are going to tithe, and appeal to the Levitical tithes, then you are obligated to tithe more than thirty percent. Abraham's tithe was voluntary to Melchizedek, it was because of rank..., Melchizedek being a priest. In all tithes in the OT, except one tithe when the priesthood is too far away to give to, it is given in the Land and to the priesthood that ministers to YHWH'S people. The Levites were to be recipients to support the temple and their efforts there. According to the Apostles the Levitical priesthood was abolished and replaced by a Heavenly Priest.

The NT example is that we are to be good Samaritans, and give to 1) those who we come across in life that have need, 2) those within our fellowship and covenant worship, 3) to help those who minister among our fellowship in leadership. This we are told is as we have abundance, with others abundance as well, to give to those in need.
        Giving to those in need is different from tithing, that's giving alms.

Tithing under the Levitical system, until Yashua returns, is something we are released from.
        I don't tithe because the Levitical Law says to, I do it because my spiritual ancestor did it. Jesus is my High Priest, and I give to his earthly representative (although actually my pastor does not get it since he gets a fixed salary, my church gets it).

Heb 7:11, 15-17
        11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

15 And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16 one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is declared:

"You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."
        NIV

BTW, I am much more qualified to examine who YHWH places in my daily life and has real need, than throwing it into a plate or bucket so that some guy who preaches in a huge building built as a monument to him, and so he can drive a new luxury car or take a vacation to the Bahamas by flying in his own jet.
        This doesn't describe my church or pastor, and is just a lame excuse for not giving to support your church, and if you're describing your pastor you need to find a better church.
        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Giving to those in need is different from tithing, that's giving alms.
          Not according to scripture. Read Deuteronomy 14.

I don't tithe because the Levitical Law says to, I do it because my spiritual ancestor did it. Jesus is my High Priest, and I give to his earthly representative (although actually my pastor does not get it since he gets a fixed salary, my church gets it).
          Do you have scripture showing Jesus tithed? What would He have tithed?

Heb 7:11, 15-17
          11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come — one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

15 And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16 one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is declared:

"You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."
          NIV

This doesn't describe my church or pastor, and is just a lame excuse for not giving to support your church, and if you're describing your pastor you need to find a better church.
          The tithe for the tabernacle was to go to the Levites and keeping of their priesthood. It was tied to the land and those reaping from its benefits. When the Levitical Priesthood came to its end, the Temple was destroyed, and there was no longer a need to give to it for the purpose the tithe was established for. What Levite do you tithe to?

You do realize that the Levitical Priesthood and the need for blood sacrifices came to an end with Messiah, right?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tallen;n5712910]
            Originally posted by spokenword View Post

How am I not honoring the Lord with my wealth? I give more than a tithe. How am I being rebellious? And, you didn't answer this, do you do all of the Levitical tithing? If you keep part of that law, you should keep the whole..., do you? If you aren't giving your share, there was three different tithes, 30%, you are withholding your tithes.
            The tithe belongs in the storehouse your home church.What you are giving is no more than offerings no matter how much you give . A tithe is a tithe and an offering is an offering.Frank Sinatra syndrome." I did it my way"

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Why do you need one? Jesus kept the law perfectly.If you don,t know that you need to study more.

Comment

Why do you need one? Jesus kept the law perfectly.If you don,t know that you need to study more.
                Yes..., He kept the Law perfectly. There was no reason for Him to tithe as He didnt fit into that obligation. Show His obligation according to the Law.

If you don't know that you need to study more. In fact, show one instance of His tithing in scripture, please.

Comment

[QUOTE=spokenword;n5713001]
                  The tithe belongs in the storehouse your home church.What you are giving is no more than offerings no matter how much you give . A tithe is a tithe and an offering is an offering.Frank Sinatra syndrome." I did it my way"
                  Your unbiblical and rebellious self imposed ignorance noted. You don't tithe according to scripture and demand that others recognize the same. Pretty pathetic, imo.

Here we are, once again, with your misuse and misunderstanding of scripture, dictated by your scriptureless presuppositions, and emboldened by your unbiblical dictates onto others, and revealed by your hypocrisy of telling someone else they do it their way. Good job, sw.
                  Last edited by Tallen; 12-05-18, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Yes..., He kept the Law perfectly. There was no reason for Him to tithe as He didnt fit into that obligation. Show His obligation according to the Law.

If you don't know that you need to study more. In fact, show one instance of His tithing in scripture, please.
                    Jesus told the Jew's that they ought to tithe.You choose to be rebellious than go ahead. Its between you and God.

Comment

Jesus told the Jew's that they ought to tithe.You choose to be rebellious than go ahead. Its between you and God.
                      Than, this apple is smaller than that apple.
                      Than, it was later than he thought.

Then, we will meet then go to the store.
                      Then, I use to think we should tithe then I read the scripture.

sw, you continuously mix up then and than. 😉

Jesus told the Jews to tithe because there was a Levitical Priesthood to tithe to. This priesthood, along with the tithe to them and all blood sacrifices have ended. You should familiarize yourself to the scripture and quit reading your unbiblical suppositions into them.

Comment

Not according to scripture. Read Deuteronomy 14.
                        We're no longer under that covenant.

No, but as Spokenword wrote in post #36, Jesus perfectly kept the Law; and not everything Jesus did was recorded.

John 21:25
                        Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

The tithe for the tabernacle was to go to the Levites and keeping of their priesthood. It was tied to the land and those reaping from its benefits. When the Levitical Priesthood came to its end, the Temple was destroyed, and there was no longer a need to give to it for the purpose the tithe was established for. What Levite do you tithe to?

You do realize that the Levitical Priesthood and the need for blood sacrifices came to an end with Messiah, right?
                        As I wrote before, I tithe because Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek, priest of God. And now Jesus has become my high priest (see below). Abraham's giving of the tithe was later codified into the Covenant God made with the Israelites.

Abraham's gave Melchizedek a tenth of the plunder, which would have been much more than animals and grain.

Heb 6:16-20
                        16 Men swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.
                        NIV
                        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

We're no longer under that covenant.
                          It is the covenant that another person is appealing to, to justify his tithe. He is misapplying scripture and misunderstanding what the tithe is.

No, but as Spokenword wrote in post #36, Jesus perfectly kept the Law; and not everything Jesus did was recorded.

John 21:25
                          Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
                          I addressed his post.

As I wrote before, I tithe because Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek, priest of God. And now Jesus has become my high priest (see below). Abraham's giving of the tithe was later codified into the Covenant God made with the Israelites.
                          Abraham tithed from the spoils of war, not from the increase from the land. His tithe wasn't consistent and wasn't done prior or after. His tithe was a one time event. So..., when you are increased from war and run into Melchizedek, I would recommend tithing.

Abraham's gave Melchizedek a tenth of the plunder, which would have been much more than animals and grain.

Heb 6:16-20
                          16 Men swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.
                          NIV
                          This transfer of priesthood, was to end the Levitical Priesthood and the need for atoning by shed blood. Once this priesthood ends, there is no longer need to tithe to support them or the Temple. If you hadn't noticed, there is no Temple and no Levites performing their priestly duties. This was transferred to Messiah and His function as Priest in a Heavenly temple where His blood was offered once for all. (Read Hebrews) I don't imagine there is need for a tithe in this temple.

What you are doing is applying a presupposition about tithing and reading it into scripture. If you are going to use Abraham as an example, do what he did, and tithe one time.

Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
                          Isaiah 51:1-2 KJVA
                          Last edited by Tallen; 12-06-18, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Kenneth Hagin believed in tithing, as does Kenneth Copeland. Others like Creflo Dollar and Fred Price Jr. have modified their position on tithing. My view is that tithing is okay as a practice, but it shouldn't be taught as compulsory or the Malachi "cursed if you don't and blessed if you do" version. The NT believer is no more required to tithe than they are to keep the Sabbath or offer animal sacrifices.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                              Kenneth Hagin believed in tithing, as does Kenneth Copeland. Others like Creflo Dollar and Fred Price Jr. have modified their position on tithing. My view is that tithing is okay as a practice, but it shouldn't be taught as compulsory or the Malachi "cursed if you don't and blessed if you do" version. The NT believer is no more required to tithe than they are to keep the Sabbath or offer animal sacrifices.
                              I would agree, except for keeping Sabbath.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
                              Exodus 20:8 KJVA

Comment

I would agree, except for keeping Sabbath.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
                                Exodus 20:8 KJVA
                                Yep ,pick and choose what you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X