Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Tithing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Miwerds View Post

My stance is, being as I am not a Priest in the Temple in Jerusalem, I cannot tithe to the House of God.

In Malachi 3:7, God was calling for a return to the ordinances. The ordinances said that the congregation could not tithe to the House of God, but had to give their tithes to a physical descendant of the patriarch Levi. The Levite, in turn, was to take a tithe of the tithe to the House of God.

Further, the ordinances said that God's tithe was to be agricultural. They were to be a tenth of the crops from the fields and orchards, and/or every tenth animal from the flocks and herds to pass under the rod...depending on whether a landowner was a farmer or a herder. (I am neither)

Given that Malachi 3:7 is calling for a return to the ordinances, it is clear that Malachi was not speaking of a monetary tithe in verses 8-10. Nor was he telling the congregation to tithe to the House of God in those verses. It is wrong for any preacher to teach that Malachi is calling for tithes of our money. He is not.
    Is your salary received in grains today?

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

This is how BAD wof teachers and BAD any denominational teachers get so rich! They put the burden of the tithe on the poor. There is nothing that would require a born again believer to tithe. You will not be under a curse if you do not tithe. You will not, not be blessed if you do not tithe.

We are under the dispensation of grace. Although there are benefits to giving of ones monetary belongings none of them have to do with tithing. Tithing is part of the old system. That is why there are no NT teachings on the tithe... only on what each one determine to set aside and give himself. In fact the tithe is not 10% that is only part of the tithe. And you have to be a MALE to give the tithe... oh and there must be a temple in order to take the "first fruit" tithe to in Jerusalem.

Yes God will bless your giving but he wont curse you if you are not giving. You may not be as good of a steward if you do not participate in giving and you may have an issue of the heart if you cant give joyfully. But the tithe is taught wrong by almost all Christian organizations. If you wanna be even more NT biblical about it then really we should give all that we have to the community of believers we belong to. That's the example of the early church.

I myself give what the Lord places on my heart to give. It has no % attached to it. There are times I am restrained from giving and later find out the speaker was caught in adultery and I am thankful the spirit led me not to support such a man. But other times I'm so impressed to give and so happy to have given that I need nothing in return. They ability to give to Gods work was reward enough! Do not tithe bc your church needs a bigger building and they took out a loan and it needs to be paid off! You will never reap a harvest from such fowl plya to trick you into giving of your hard earned money. All you will do is be late on your bills and hungry while your leader is eating a steak dinner in his mansion.

Comment

Jesus said more about paying taxes then he did about tithing...yet all church try and be tax exempt but require you to pay a tithe... Whats wrong with that picture!

Comment

Originally posted by knhenderson View Post
          this is how bad wof teachers and bad any denominational teachers get so rich! They put the burden of the tithe on the poor. There is nothing that would require a born again believer to tithe. You will not be under a curse if you do not tithe. You will not, not be blessed if you do not tithe.

We are under the dispensation of grace. Although there are benefits to giving of ones monetary belongings none of them have to do with tithing. Tithing is part of the old system. That is why there are no nt teachings on the tithe... Only on what each one determine to set aside and give himself. In fact the tithe is not 10% that is only part of the tithe. And you have to be a male to give the tithe... Oh and there must be a temple in order to take the "first fruit" tithe to in jerusalem.

Yes god will bless your giving but he wont curse you if you are not giving. You may not be as good of a steward if you do not participate in giving and you may have an issue of the heart if you cant give joyfully. But the tithe is taught wrong by almost all christian organizations. If you wanna be even more nt biblical about it then really we should give all that we have to the community of believers we belong to. That's the example of the early church.

I myself give what the lord places on my heart to give. It has no % attached to it. There are times i am restrained from giving and later find out the speaker was caught in adultery and i am thankful the spirit led me not to support such a man. But other times i'm so impressed to give and so happy to have given that i need nothing in return. They ability to give to gods work was reward enough! Do not tithe bc your church needs a bigger building and they took out a loan and it needs to be paid off! You will never reap a harvest from such fowl plya to trick you into giving of your hard earned money. All you will do is be late on your bills and hungry while your leader is eating a steak dinner in his mansion.
          Whats bad is your understanding on tithing.
          Last edited by spokenword; 01-12-19, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knhenderson View Post
            jesus said more about paying taxes then he did about tithing...yet all church try and be tax exempt but require you to pay a tithe... Whats wrong with that picture!
            Thats because Jesus
            didn,t have to.They understood the principles of Gods commands.

Comment

Originally posted by KNHenderson View Post
              Jesus said more about paying taxes then he did about tithing...yet all church try and be tax exempt but require you to pay a tithe... Whats wrong with that picture!
              My pastors do not require us to pay a tithe. They do encourage it, because it has rewards attached. It's still up to the individual whether or not they do it.
              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                Jesus kept the law perfectly. I thought you knew that.
                Apparently you don't.
                ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Which part do you think I do not understand? Haveing studies the subject for several years and speaking with Jewish Rabbis on the subject I think I have a strong understanding of it. I may not be articulate enough to write it ima couple of paragraphs but how can one judge anotherís understanding on a subject by a few paragraphs and not respond with what is lacking?

Comment

Which part do you think I do not understand? Haveing studies the subject for several years and speaking with Jewish Rabbis on the subject I think I have a strong understanding of it. I may not be articulate enough to write it ima couple of paragraphs but how can one judge anotherís understanding on a subject by a few paragraphs and not respond with what is lacking?

Comment

• Originally posted by KNHenderson View Post

Which part do you think I do not understand? Haveing studies the subject for several years and speaking with Jewish Rabbis on the subject I think I have a strong understanding of it. I may not be articulate enough to write it ima couple of paragraphs but how can one judge another’s understanding on a subject by a few paragraphs and not respond with what is lacking?
                      Don't waste much time on him..., he will dismiss your efforts with off the cuff remarks and dinegrate your understand without addressing your points. He is incapable of putting together rational and reasonable posts on any subject.

He hasn't adequately address my point..., how does he tithe to a Levite as the Law describes.
                      ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

• Originally posted by KNHenderson View Post

Which part do you think I do not understand? Haveing studies the subject for several years and speaking with Jewish Rabbis on the subject I think I have a strong understanding of it. I may not be articulate enough to write it ima couple of paragraphs but how can one judge another’s understanding on a subject by a few paragraphs and not respond with what is lacking?
                        Beware of troll ! If your time is valuable to you, than don't waste it with this poster.
                        Phynerk
                        " Getting a straight answer from a Word Of Faith'er is like nailing Jello to a wall." MRCPU

Comment

Working...
                        X