Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Communion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wof and Communion

What is the wof teaching on Communion?
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    What is the wof teaching on Communion?
    For us the following applies:

1 Cor 10:16-17
    Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

1 Cor 11:23-26
    For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

But there will be consequences if not done with the proper attitude:
    1 Cor 11:29-31
    For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment.

Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

For us the following applies:

1 Cor 10:16-17
      Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

1 Cor 11:23-26
      For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment.
      Is this another teaching that would be an ordinance in your group?

Comment

Yep,another command of our Lord.

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
          Yep,another command of our Lord.
          Who said otherwise?

Comment

It's not an "ordinance", it's a consequence.
            Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

It's not an "ordinance", it's a consequence.
              I would say it is a sacrament, like baptism.

Comment

I would say it is a sacrament, like baptism.
                Yes, we view it as a sacrament. It isn't salvific. It's something we do because Jesus said, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." (Luke 22:19; 1 Cor 11:24)

Comment

Yes, we view it as a sacrament. It isn't salvific. It's something we do because Jesus said, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." (Luke 22:19; 1 Cor 11:24)
                  As a sacrament, we would mean that it is a means of grace and blessing for the believer, as opposed to an ordinance which is just an act of obedience by the believer. Communion is meant, by YHWH, as a way that His grace is given in order to apply and carry His blessing to those who come to Him in faith. It is a Covenant response and a way that we remember the great price of God shedding His blood on our behave.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
                  Acts 20:28 KJVA

Comment

As a sacrament, we would mean that it is a means of grace and blessing for the believer, as opposed to an ordinance which is just an act of obedience by the believer. Communion is meant, by YHWH, as a way that His grace is given in order to apply and carry His blessing to those who come to Him in faith. It is a Covenant response and a way that we remember the great price of God shedding His blood on our behave.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
                    Acts 20:28 KJVA
                    I agree. However, Communion carries a warning also:

We are to judge ourselves and get any sin taken care of before partaking of it.

Comment

I agree. However, Communion carries a warning also:

We are to judge ourselves and get any sin taken care of before partaking of it.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                      X