Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Titus 2:11-14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    Yes.

Yes.

Yes. All iniquity being, all of the sin and ungodly behavior in the world. Not just our own.

Agreed. I don't think living godly is a focus on what we can earn and gain as far as salvation.

No, we act out of love.

We are told to practice godliness, meaning to act out of a godly character and to be an imager of YHWH.

Yes, we are proving our love of our Savior and Heavenly Father. May we all succeed in that.
    I've learned to read your words carefully. I don't always succeed. But "of our Savior" not "to our Savior."

Originally posted by Tallen
    We gain in godliness and living sober and righteous. A good endeavor, indeed. The proof is my daily life today as compared to 50 years ago. I've gain much and the proof is in the rewards given me.
    No, I don't feel rewarded right about now [1]. I feel cheated.

Originally posted by Tallen
    Oh, I think we can gain greatly here..., we gain seeing the Kingdom grow and take root in the heart of others who witness our testimony. We gain by overcoming evil and iniquity. Our heavenly reward increases as we grow in righteousness and love of YHWH. We grow each and everytime we put Satan under our feet and overcome him with love and good. I enjoy those times.

I'm thinking there is much to be gained in living righteously in this current world. Besides, being obedient to God is a demonstration of our love towards Him.

What do you think?
    What do I think? Honestly, and perhaps it's a phase, I don't like Him very much.

[1] Don't pity me. Don't back away and be quiet. If I need a swift kick in the butt then by all means start kicking.
    In His Love
    Bob

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD,
    “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    -- Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by A Blessed Man View Post
      Honestly, and perhaps it's a phase, I don't like Him very much.
      I bet if we had a frank and honest conversation we could change some of that, my good brother.
      ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

I bet if we had a frank and honest conversation we could change some of that, my good brother.
        I'm here. I'm on private messenger. I'm in email. Frank and honest is all I've ever been. Love you, brother.
        In His Love
        Bob

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD,
        “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
        -- Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

I'm here. I'm on private messenger. I'm in email. Frank and honest is all I've ever been. Love you, brother.
          Love you to..., it is a phase of grief and is healthy.

Comment

Yeah, except for a couple posts last Oct, it's been about two years. How are things? Hmm. Getting better each day. I think I'm up to 10 steps forward, 1 step back.

To all here on CARM who don't know (i.e. don't interact with me on social media), my wife passed away in early February after a long battle with breast cancer. This past March 28 would have been our 32nd wedding anniversary. I live with my adult son, who is a freelance artist. I've gotten back into the grind of day to day life and things are getting better.

So I figured I'd bring my curmudgeonly self back to the forums and see what distractions (or not) I could find here. Over the last 7 years I've changed a little. Over the last 8 months I've changed a lot. These forums have always helped me to focus and study. Maybe I need some of that. We'll see.
            I did the same thing...took a two-year break...but the fights I was fighting was more a war at work...I was investigated for "allegedly speaking discriminatory words..." It cost my district five grand to discover that I was not speaking discriminatory words, but "...seeking to create a safe environment of inclusion for every member of my cast." The gay kids were kicking the straight kids out of the greenroom a week before the show because the room where actors await their moment was for "gays only" and I teach actors and actresses how to work together as an ensemble...that it doesn't matter what they think they are in the greenroom...they are what I say they are, because I'm the director, and we have a paying audience to convince of the illusion we're creating that we all get along. I had called their conversation "toxic", and an adult had heard and had gone to the administration to turn me in. That happened while I was prepping to have my cancerous prostate removed...

...and all that was a cake walk to what you went through. So I ask you again? How are you doing. I posted a thread a couple of months ago featuring a former student of mine, Pastor Andrew Brunson, the pastor from Turkey who, released from two years of imprisonment, who ended up praying for President Trump in the Oval Office. He spoke to his Alma Mater about his experiences in Turkish prison. I bumped it for you...It's all about hearing from God in dark times. It's one of the best presentations of WoF faith I've ever seen. Tell me what you think...and PM me any time.
            Last edited by tbeachhead; 04-15-19, 12:04 PM.
            Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

No, I don't feel rewarded right about now [1]. I feel cheated.

[1] Don't pity me. Don't back away and be quiet. If I need a swift kick in the butt then by all means start kicking.
              You'd be dead if you didn't, until His revelation comes alive in you, and you see your bride again as she is...But here's the butt kick, watch Andrew on that thread I bumped...tell me what you think.
              Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
                That happened while I was prepping to have my cancerous prostate removed...
                Just curious..., and not making fun of your circumstances..., did you end up having your prostate removed? Do you consider yourself healed?

Comment

Just curious..., and not making fun of your circumstances..., did you end up having your prostate removed? Do you consider yourself healed?
                  I did...and it was very cancerous...and it was a very bad year...but, we're friends, Ted. And we make fun sometimes. You cannot offend me, that's my privileged promise to you! I'm glad you're still here.

And on the WoF scale, if you want to know how that fits in with WoF and spectacles, read the last bit of Hebrews 12...I don't know is part of the response to the questions we ask sometimes. I rest in what He said, without experience or knowledge and call it a walk by faith...And I reach out to encourage anyone around me...especially when they level lawsuits at me specifically. The basin and the towel are my weapons of choice, and so we are all weaponized in a way that the world cannot even imagine.
                  Pete

Comment

I did...and it was very cancerous...and it was a very bad year ...
                    As my WoF pastor often says in matters of heath, the medical profession is a gift of God. When necessary use it.
                    Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

I did...and it was very cancerous...and it was a very bad year...but, we're friends, Ted. And we make fun sometimes. You cannot offend me, that's my privileged promise to you! I'm glad you're still here.
                      Well..., since I didn't get an answer to my second question..., did I? I am glad that you got the cancer dealt with. I hope you are recovered and 100%.

After a year of dealing with my wife's kidney cancer, she has been clean for a couple of years. With the Lord's healing in the matter, she has her kidneys and is doing great. I get to be with her. She is truly my helpmate and has made my life so much better. I consider her healed. No cancer, anywhere. No Chemo, no big surgery. God healed and we followed. God's grace is miraculous.

I won't make fun of your fight, Pete.
                      Last edited by Tallen; 04-16-19, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Well..., since I didn't get an answer to my second question..., did I? I am glad that you got the cancer dealt with. I hope you are recovered and 100%.
                        Carabbio's answers to the healing question have always been the best, and he's dealt with more issues of life and death than I. I considered myself a patient in need of services...I prayed, fasted, followed recipes...and hung with the One Who has been good to me from the beginning. I know the promise, and I pray as if it were written...and I prayed for the doctor before the procedure, and he thanked me afterward, because he had not known things to be so smoothly. He says he looks forward to the follow up visits. And none of that measures up to what I see in the Bible, so I will still believe that I will see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living. Not that anything is bad, when He's there...but the light is dawning on us all as we have never seen it...and soon all controversies will be put aside, I think.

Did I consider myself healed? I considered the diagnosis as real for my body, and the Promise as Real for every moment of every day. I scheduled my operation for the Christmas holiday so that I could return to school immediately after the break...so I did not miss school. I considered my kids as more important than I...and I got the report back from the lawyers and my $5000 vindication/exoneration the first Thursday of the new year. They put me and my family through Thanksgiving and Christmas with their artificially produced controversies and misgivings without allowing a single conversation, on pain of dismissal pending the final outcome. They removed me from my classroom in front of my freshman daughter, and took me to the superintendent's office on the opening day of my show, on the requisite sleep deprivation that always precedes the show from all the last minute prep work the stage and set require.

After a year of dealing with my wife's kidney cancer, she has been clean for a couple of years. With the Lord's healing in the matter, she has her kidneys and is doing great. I get to be with her. She is truly my helpmate and has made my life so much better. I consider her healed. No cancer, anywhere. No Chemo, no big surgery. God healed and we followed. God's grace is miraculous.

I knew you wouldn't...we make fun of each other...not of our plight. I appreciate you sharing with me, because I've known loss. Wars have their battles...and the thought of losing is what I fight, like David in the battle over his first son of Bathsheba. I learned faith from him a lot more than from Copeland, although Cope has known some desperate trials as well...yet still went after the jet. Rodney Howard Brown lost his daughter in the midst of his first popularity. That only deepened his message...and when he came to NH, the compassion he shared with some needy families here meant more than his message.

You know what...YWSHHK!!! That's a new one we can wear! (Your wife still has her kidneys...that means you're winning the faith war on this forum, my brother. For the record, I do not begrudge you the victory one single ad hom!)
                        Pete

Comment

Carabbio's answers to the healing question have always been the best, and he's dealt with more issues of life and death than I. I considered myself a patient in need of services...I prayed, fasted, followed recipes...and hung with the One Who has been good to me from the beginning. I know the promise, and I pray as if it were written...and I prayed for the doctor before the procedure, and he thanked me afterward, because he had not known things to be so smoothly. He says he looks forward to the follow up visits. And none of that measures up to what I see in the Bible, so I will still believe that I will see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living. Not that anything is bad, when He's there...but the light is dawning on us all as we have never seen it...and soon all controversies will be put aside, I think.

Did I consider myself healed? I considered the diagnosis as real for my body, and the Promise as Real for every moment of every day. I scheduled my operation for the Christmas holiday so that I could return to school immediately after the break...so I did not miss school. I considered my kids as more important than I...and I got the report back from the lawyers and my $5000 vindication/exoneration the first Thursday of the new year. They put me and my family through Thanksgiving and Christmas with their artificially produced controversies and misgivings without allowing a single conversation, on pain of dismissal pending the final outcome. They removed me from my classroom in front of my freshman daughter, and took me to the superintendent's office on the opening day of my show, on the requisite sleep deprivation that always precedes the show from all the last minute prep work the stage and set require.

I knew you wouldn't...we make fun of each other...not of our plight. I appreciate you sharing with me, because I've known loss. Wars have their battles...and the thought of losing is what I fight, like David in the battle over his first son of Bathsheba. I learned faith from him a lot more than from Copeland, although Cope has known some desperate trials as well...yet still went after the jet. Rodney Howard Brown lost his daughter in the midst of his first popularity. That only deepened his message...and when he came to NH, the compassion he shared with some needy families here meant more than his message.

You know what...YWSHHK!!! That's a new one we can wear! (Your wife still has her kidneys...that means you're winning the faith war on this forum, my brother. For the record, I do not begrudge you the victory one single ad hom!)
                          Maybe..., YWSHHHK. Your wife still has her healthy kidneys.

BTW, focus on ABM..., he is in the grief process and needs our shoulders to lean on.

Comment

Concerning spectacles...I had a miracle happen to me that the critics will love! The state of NH's eye testing equipment made everything dark. By state law, my license said I was supposed to wear eyeglasses, which is ridiculous, because i do not need them or ever wear them unless it's dark, and my eyes are tired, and I'm trying to read the chicken scratches my students call "hand writing." We gave up teaching penmanship generations ago. So you can imagine my delight when, ten years ago, I went in to renew my license, and the results credited me with 20/20 vision. That was right around the time Jamesie was doing his Hagin and his spectacles thing. It was a miracle...they had recalibrated their equipment, and brought truth and reality alive. Now I drive without specs and guilt free...and I can still read the road signs in the next county over. Of course, I did not want to mention it at the time, because I'm so modest...and Jamesie was so proud of his "evidence..." I didn't want to overwhelm the board with the testimony!
                            Pete

Comment

Maybe..., YWSHHHK. Your wife still has her healthy kidneys.

BTW, focus on ABM..., he is in the grief process and needs our shoulders to lean on.
                              I'm hoping he reads this...he's not alone...and he's never been alone, but sometimes the cell is dark, and it's hard to believe that Pharaoh's right hand is only two dreams away.
                              Pete

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post
                                As my WoF pastor often says in matters of heath, the medical profession is a gift of God. When necessary use it.
                                She spent her whole fortune on the health industry of her day with no results for twelve years...and Jesus still healed her anyway...and told her it was on account of her faith!
                                Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X