Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

So here's the question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spokenword
    Keeping close tabs I see.
    No...

I have been hanging over there too...

Edit per mod
    Last edited by Mod1; 06-11-19, 06:40 PM.
    Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
      Who thinks having Words of faith and believing those words from God would be a bad thing??
      What if they are distorting, misusing and misunderstanding God's word..., is that a good thing or a bad thing?
      ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy

Bearing False witness is a sin...

For the lurkers, go over to that form, check out my posts and the thread that I started and realize how untruthful SW's statement above is...
        My friend the other poster stated that you do love to gossip and isn't that what you've done? Where is the false witness in that? The proof? I wasn't here and you began mocking me and having dialogue with another poster in an unflattering way.

So are other things beside bearing false witness not sin as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockson View Post

My friend the other poster stated that you do love to gossip and isn't that what you've done? Where is the false witness in that? The proof? I wasn't here and you began mocking me and having dialogue with another poster in an unflattering way.

That's ridiculous... This is a forum... You were discussing a topic in the forum. What I said was true. It could be seen by going over to where you were posting... As far as flattering, was it not you who tried to bait Tallen in to a topic that you were discussing elsewhere? You were the one who definitely used the word Sovereignty... You WOF crack me up... Trying to steal the moral high ground... Just as bad as your theology...

You chose the wrong person to partner with... EDIT
          Last edited by Mod10; 06-12-19, 01:00 PM. Reason: Rule 12 infraction
          Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

Comment

You continue to obfuscate..., suppose you return to the discussion instead of trying to create a diversion. The discussion isn't about sovereignty..., a discussion in another forum..., it's about wof bringing new wof folks into their belief system in this forum. Let's address this. I can remember not one person ever joining wof from wof efforts in the forum.

How many have joined wof through your efforts in the forum? Do you know of any?
            ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

My Words: My friend the other poster stated that you do love to gossip and isn't that what you've done? Where is the false witness in that? The proof? I wasn't here and you began mocking me and having dialogue with another poster in an unflattering way.

Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

That's ridiculous... This is a forum...
              Yes it is and by the rules I'm not supposed to talk about another poster without a direct conversation. And the dialogue of your post entailed snide remarks coming from it.. And isn't that what your post did?

You WOF crack me up...
              Well good well at least then we're back on the WOF theme. So you feel it's just to demonize a whole movement for being in disagreement with me concerning an emotional post ? In good conscious I think I can say I don't seek to stereo type those in your paradigm as being particularly malicious. There's some that are...and some that aren't AND THE SAME in any movement including the one I could say I'm somewhat a part of. So you seek to push for the stereo type however?

Look Yoda if you don't like me you don't like me fair enough. But shouldn't other people be left out of it? You might want to consider that stereo typing is an extremely dangerous thing to do. Did you ever read the scripture which states if you're angry with your brother without a cause and what he adds on to it?

Trying to steal the moral high ground..
              I'm seeking to steal? More seeking to demonize my character as some crook? Well I don't know about what you call "stealing" the moral higher ground but I do know I wouldn't say about you that you were trying to steal it. That you're claiming to have it maybe or trying to take it perhaps but STEAL IT? Like the moral ground exclusively belongs to you and how dare me try to take it?

But nope I wouldn't say you were trying to steal it. So with this to be considered I'll allow readers to decide who is on what ground. I don't consider you to be a crook. And nope even now I don't consider you to be a particularly bad person and would never encourage readers to think you are. I think you're misguided in your theology but that's about it. It saddens me however that you don't at least think the same about me.

Just as bad as your theology...
              Well when it comes to my theology it's sometimes a work in progress. Not on major issues but there's always a fine tuning from time to time. Slight adjustments. Not with you too? I have however not agreed with 100% of everything every word of faith preacher has said, and they all do say slightly different things on some things...a few things......I've never seen anything from you critics to make me depart from the basic authority of the believer and that our words lining up with God's word does have great significance in the amount of victory in my life. If that's going to be called bad by you than I guess that has to be what you call it.

All I know I was (in a certain sense of the word) I was blind but now I see that is the way to actually bring victory into my life. Now I don't understand why you haven't experienced the same that's between you and God. But I KNOW how he has dealt with me. If you're wanting to claim you do have perfect victory without some of the basic things wof teaches well than good. If you're happy than be happy. If you're wanting to claim I'm deluded and deceived well that's your prerogative I guess, but I'm perfectly content to let the Great Day ahead reveal the who was right and wrong in all things, and doing so I might add without thinking less of other people. But if I don't agree with them I don't agree with them and if they're open to hear something different from what they've thought than I"m willing to share.

I like to sow PEACE.

Comment

My Words: My friend the other poster stated that you do love to gossip and isn't that what you've done? Where is the false witness in that? The proof? I wasn't here and you began mocking me and having dialogue with another poster in an unflattering way.

Yes it is and by the rules I'm not supposed to talk about another poster without a direct conversation. And the dialogue of your post entailed snide remarks coming from it.. And isn't that what your post did?

Well good well at least then we're back on the WOF theme. So you feel it's just to demonize a whole movement for being in disagreement with me concerning an emotional post ? In good conscious I think I can say I don't seek to stereo type those in your paradigm as being particularly malicious. There's some that are...and some that aren't AND THE SAME in any movement including the one I could say I'm somewhat a part of. So you seek to push for the stereo type however?

Look Yoda if you don't like me you don't like me fair enough. But shouldn't other people be left out of it? You might want to consider that stereo typing is an extremely dangerous thing to do. Did you ever read the scripture which states if you're angry with your brother without a cause and what he adds on to it?

I'm seeking to steal? More seeking to demonize my character as some crook? Well I don't know about what you call "stealing" the moral higher ground but I do know I wouldn't say about you that you were trying to steal it. That you're claiming to have it maybe or trying to take it perhaps but STEAL IT? Like the moral ground exclusively belongs to you and how dare me try to take it?

But nope I wouldn't say you were trying to steal it. So with this to be considered I'll allow readers to decide who is on what ground. I don't consider you to be a crook. And nope even now I don't consider you to be a particularly bad person and would never encourage readers to think you are. I think you're misguided in your theology but that's about it. It saddens me however that you don't at least think the same about me.

Well when it comes to my theology it's sometimes a work in progress. Not on major issues but there's always a fine tuning from time to time. Slight adjustments. Not with you too? I have however not agreed with 100% of everything every word of faith preacher has said, and they all do say slightly different things on some things...a few things......I've never seen anything from you critics to make me depart from the basic authority of the believer and that our words lining up with God's word does have great significance in the amount of victory in my life. If that's going to be called bad by you than I guess that has to be what you call it.

All I know I was (in a certain sense of the word) I was blind but now I see that is the way to actually bring victory into my life. Now I don't understand why you haven't experienced the same that's between you and God. But I KNOW how he has dealt with me. If you're wanting to claim you do have perfect victory without some of the basic things wof teaches well than good. If you're happy than be happy. If you're wanting to claim I'm deluded and deceived well that's your prerogative I guess, but I'm perfectly content to let the Great Day ahead reveal the who was right and wrong in all things, and doing so I might add without thinking less of other people. But if I don't agree with them I don't agree with them and if they're open to hear something different from what they've thought than I"m willing to share.

I like to sow PEACE.
                This is very interesting. When you see your own faults in everyone else, it's easy to imagine that they're the bad guys..."you wofers..." The problem is, when every issue is magnified, there is no perspective, only fantasy bogeymen....where there can be no obedience to the single new commandment we've been given.
                Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

This is very interesting. When you see your own faults in everyone else, it's easy to imagine that they're the bad guys..."you wofers..." The problem is, when every issue is magnified, there is no perspective, only fantasy bogeymen....where there can be no obedience to the single new commandment we've been given.
                  Absolutely right. We see this so much as well in the political arena as well. The very thing one side says about another is really a reflection of what the accuser is doing themselves in an overwhelming measure.

You can see this from certain posters who have a tendency to use the word "attack" or they're claiming they're being attacked merely for the reason that someone challenges their paradigm. Not to say there aren't genuine examples and that someone is being bullied but how many times is it the mere crying of wolf over and over and over again used merely as a tactic to decimate another's character and to delude the uniformed.

I think it reaches a point where good spirited genuine debate can be set aside in favor of one thing and one thing only....CONTROL. ...Such is sad for when taking place nothing of any real substance has been brought about forth or instilled. It does however provide a temporal fleshly gratification and men will have to give account one day for seeking that.

Comment

Working...
                  X