Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Matthew 5:32

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wof and Matthew 5:32

    But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
    Matthew 5:32 KJV


    In light of Messiah's words, Kellie Copeland/Ward/Kurtz/Swisher, Kenneth's daughter, has been divorced from three husbands, is she an adultress for getting a divorced and marrying another man? And..., are the men who married her adulterers?

    Is what the Lord said still true?
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
    Matthew 5:32 KJV


    In light of Messiah's words, Kellie Copeland/Ward/Kurtz/Swisher, Kenneth's daughter, has been divorced from three husbands, is she an adultress for getting a divorced and marrying another man? And..., are the men who married her adulterers?

    Is what the Lord said still true?
    I understand Tallen your background is Reformed (or something of that nature)

    I'm so glad out of what millions that hold your views? .... that there isn't any who have had marriage failures. Some misinformed poster might start a thread entitled, "Reformed and Matthew 5:32" almost throwing disdain on your whole movement because of the actions of one who had things that didn't work out. I agree that would be grossly unfair!

    I actually read what the Reformed Church says about divorce and I think you should read every line.

    https://www.crcna.org/welcome/belief...and-remarriage

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tallen View Post
      But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
      Matthew 5:32 KJV


      In light of Messiah's words, Kellie Copeland/Ward/Kurtz/Swisher, Kenneth's daughter, has been divorced from three husbands, is she an adultress for getting a divorced and marrying another man? And..., are the men who married her adulterers?

      Is what the Lord said still true?
      Gods Word is truth.

      Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rockson View Post

        I understand Tallen your background is Reformed (or something of that nature)

        I'm so glad out of what millions that hold your views? .... that there isn't any who have had marriage failures. Some misinformed poster might start a thread entitled, "Reformed and Matthew 5:32" almost throwing disdain on your whole movement because of the actions of one who had things that didn't work out. I agree that would be grossly unfair!

        I actually read what the Reformed Church says about divorce and I think you should read every line.

        https://www.crcna.org/welcome/belief...and-remarriage
        Your obfuscation noted..., and your deflection and accusation to cast disdain on me. I appreciate the weak and lacking post. There is no better witness against wof than the wofist.

        Are you now Reformed? Can you answer the questions in the OP? BTW, I'm willing to talk about divorced people, ministers, and leaders in the Reformed church, but Rockson, the OP is about what the Lord said..., in a wof forum..., with an example of a wof leader and teacher. Do you have anything to say about that? BTW, the example I gave isn't a person that had a marriage "that didn't work out"..., what marriage "problem" caused three marriages to fail?

        I said nothing of "disdain" about any wofist. I asked questions about someone who is a good example of what the Lord said. Does what the Lord said apply to this example? Her life is as a public figure and she is a person that has put her life in the public, as a wof leader. She has put herself in the forefront and the Lord said His words, not me.

        Is what the Lord said still true?

        Please read the OP and talk about what was asked. Thank you.
        ---> Insert your denial here. <---

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by spokenword View Post
          Gods Word is truth.
          You want to answer the questions in the OP..., or just say noncommittal, vague, vailed, seemingly "godly" things?
          ---> Insert your denial here. <---

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tallen View Post

            Your obfuscation noted..., and your deflection and accusation to cast disdain on me. I appreciate the weak and lacking post. There is no better witness against wof than the wofist.
            Obfuscation is noted? I think with many readers what is REALLY noted is what you're truly trying to do.....show potential failures with people in a certain movement and leave the impression they're all unstable thus vaunting your side of things of people who's lives are just hunky dory. Readers will decide and I don't mean just the few who comment on these pages.

            I'll give you the last word in this particular thread. I'm not so much interested in talking about deep things of people's personal lives. I'm sure if I asked the Lord why did Person A's marriage fail and make it a subject of public discussion he'd tell me that's most inappropriate and you're in danger of opening the door to not so nice things happening in your own life. Really though consider it and take care.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rockson View Post
              Obfuscation is noted?
              Yours?

              I think with many readers what is REALLY noted is what you're truly trying to do.....show potential failures with people in a certain movement and leave the impression they're all unstable thus vaunting your side of things of people who's lives are just hunky dory. Readers will decide and I don't mean just the few who comment on these pages.
              You are living in a fantasy land.

              Do you agree with the Lord's teaching or not? Is the example I gave one that He is speaking about?

              There is nothing wrong asking those questions in light of His words.

              I'll give you the last word in this particular thread. I'm not so much interested in talking about deep things of people's personal lives. I'm sure if I asked the Lord why did Person A's marriage fail and make it a subject of public discussion he'd tell me that's most inappropriate and you're in danger of opening the door to not so nice things happening in your own life. Really though consider it and take care.
              You're still obfuscating..., is what the Lord taught in Matthew 5:32 still pertinent to today's marriages or not? Why are you avoiding those questions? I bet I know why.

              ---> Insert your denial here. <---

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tallen View Post

                Yours?



                You are living in a fantasy land.

                Do you agree with the Lord's teaching or not? Is the example I gave one that He is speaking about?

                There is nothing wrong asking those questions in light of His words.



                You're still obfuscating..., is what the Lord taught in Matthew 5:32 still pertinent to today's marriages or not? Why are you avoiding those questions? I bet I know why.
                I bet half of the Pastors out there in our Churches have gone through a divorce. Your point?

                Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by spokenword View Post
                  I bet half of the Pastors out there in our Churches have gone through a divorce. Your point?
                  You forgot the point already! Go back and read the OP..., you will see the point clearly there.
                  ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tallen View Post
                    But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
                    Matthew 5:32 KJV


                    In light of Messiah's words, Kellie Copeland/Ward/Kurtz/Swisher, Kenneth's daughter, has been divorced from three husbands, is she an adultress for getting a divorced and marrying another man? And..., are the men who married her adulterers?

                    Is what the Lord said still true?
                    I wonder at the triumphalism of this thread...You want my reaction to broken covenant? I grieve. Do you want to know how much I love Kelly, for what she did in her first forays into kids tv, and what it brought of fun to my kids? Do you want me to express my grief?

                    Or do you want to identify every WoFer with her failed marriages?

                    I grieve. I grieve for Cope and his jets and his foolish behavior...I chafe for the day when a man of God stands up...and that day is coming. A word will have the impact of an EMP on the church...When the prophet begins to prophesy as of old, we're all going to be wishing we'd taken the proverbs more seriously,
                    Pete

                    ~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tallen View Post
                      You're still obfuscating...,
                      You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

                      In fact...your use of the word is distraction, deflection...and obfuscation. You seem absolutely incapable of a discussion without the gratuitous ad hom...and false accusation based on an English vocabulary that seems elusive to you.
                      Pete

                      ~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
                        ...and obfuscation.
                        You keep using this word, and don't recognize when you obfuscate. I don't think it means what you think it means.

                        You seem absolutely incapable of a discussion without the gratuitous ad hom...and false accusation based on an English vocabulary that seems elusive to you.
                        Thank you for you personal attack, ad hom..., but you won't recognize it when it comes from your keyboard.

                        Thanks for the post, it was nothing more than obfuscation, ignoring and avoiding the OP and preferring to focus on me. More of your regular MO in the forum.

                        TYFYT
                        ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tallen View Post

                          You keep using this word, and don't recognize when you obfuscate. I don't think it means what you think it means.



                          Thank you for you personal attack, ad hom..., but you won't recognize it when it comes from your keyboard.

                          Thanks for the post, it was nothing more than obfuscation, ignoring and avoiding the OP and preferring to focus on me. More of your regular MO in the forum.

                          TYFYT
                          You mean "Thank you for observing that Rock has you well pegged..." I've been saying it for years, but for the longest time since the brilliant minds like Jehu, VW, Bond, shibboleth and JFeee left me here alone with y'all so they could find kinder, more fruitful discourse...you all have been boasting in your churlish behavior as if it were a virtue.

                          It's really not, but there we go. Oh...and when we clarify the point you so willingly miss...that's called "clarification." Most people don't mistake it for "obfuscation," unless their only recourse to being refuted is to obfuscate by false witness....as is your well known MO.
                          Pete

                          ~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

                            You mean "Thank you for observing that Rock has you well pegged..." I've been saying it for years, but for the longest time since the brilliant minds like Jehu, VW, Bond, shibboleth and JFeee left me here alone with y'all so they could find kinder, more fruitful discourse...you all have been boasting in your churlish behavior as if it were a virtue.

                            It's really not, but there we go. Oh...and when we clarify the point you so willingly miss...that's called "clarification." Most people don't mistake it for "obfuscation," unless their only recourse to being refuted is to obfuscate by false witness....as is your well known MO.
                            Tyfyo. 😆🤣
                            ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

                              I wonder at the triumphalism of this thread...You want my reaction to broken covenant? I grieve. Do you want to know how much I love Kelly, for what she did in her first forays into kids tv, and what it brought of fun to my kids? Do you want me to express my grief?

                              Or do you want to identify every WoFer with her failed marriages?

                              I grieve. I grieve for Cope and his jets and his foolish behavior...I chafe for the day when a man of God stands up...and that day is coming. A word will have the impact of an EMP on the church...When the prophet begins to prophesy as of old, we're all going to be wishing we'd taken the proverbs more seriously,
                              So, TB..., you agree with what the Lord said... she is an adultress and those who married her after divorce are adulterers? You realize that this isn't about Kelly, but what the Lord has said about divorce. If Rockson wants to use a Reformed preacher who has done the same, it doesn't change the Lord's words.
                              ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X