Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Philippians 1:29-30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wof and Philippians 1:29-30

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.
    Philippians 1:29-30 KJV

Two things are gifted to believers:

1) to believe on Him, Christ.
    2) to suffer for Him.

---> Insert your denial here. <---

Yep, that's right.

Examples of point 2, at least in the USA would be: Christian bakery shop owners, and Christians on just about any school/university campus.
    Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post
      Yep, that's right.

Examples of point 2, at least in the USA would be: Christian bakery shop owners, and Christians on just about any school/university campus.
      Examples of point 1 is every believer. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
        For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.
        Philippians 1:29-30 KJV

Two things are gifted to believers:

1) to believe on Him, Christ.
        2) to suffer for Him.
        Since you didn't mention Cope, or his jet, what do you think this has to do with Toxic WoF??

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Since you didn't mention Cope, or his jet, what do you think this has to do with Toxic WoF??
          It proves a basic wof tenet wrong. 😉

Comment

It proves a basic wof tenet wrong. 😉
            AH - no "Suffering" in WoF.

But you'd think when they DO Suffer - Oh, that's right their "Profession was wrong and they "brought it on themselves" -

How long did it take you to figure out that it wasn't YOUR FAULT, and it just didn't work as advertised???

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

AH - no "Suffering" in WoF.

But you'd think when they DO Suffer - Oh, that's right their "Profession was wrong and they "brought it on themselves" -

How long did it take you to figure out that it wasn't YOUR FAULT, and it just didn't work as advertised???
              Yeah, that one to.

Comment

I guess these verses are pretty much ignored by wof..., until prodded.

Comment

I guess these verses are pretty much ignored by wof..., until prodded.
                  Nope...I guess you pretty much ignored the whole story of Pastor Andrew Brunson. When you put yourself out, and leave the security of your own parochial culture, you'll find the suffering every Christian in a Muslim or Communist country is facing.

Actually...you only need to go into a public school and teach nowadays. There will soon be no havens for truth in this country. The separation of Truth from state is being enforced everywhere. We've allowed the enemy in, and our own impoverished, flaccid impotence is accomplishing what? More threads on CARM, but how many answers to the current deadly trends?

Jesus promised us trials in this world...and He promised us victory. WoF chooses to emphasize the victory...
                  Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

Nope...I guess you pretty much ignored the whole story of Pastor Andrew Brunson. When you put yourself out, and leave the security of your own parochial culture, you'll find the suffering every Christian in a Muslim or Communist country is facing.

Actually...you only need to go into a public school and teach nowadays. There will soon be no havens for truth in this country. The separation of Truth from state is being enforced everywhere. We've allowed the enemy in, and our own impoverished, flaccid impotence is accomplishing what? More threads on CARM, but how many answers to the current deadly trends?

Jesus promised us trials in this world...and He promised us victory. WoF chooses to emphasize the victory...
                    I don't think the battle is lost, in any way. Time for flaccid impotence to turn in bold potence. It's a comin'.

Comment

I don't think the battle is lost, in any way. Time for flaccid impotence to turn in bold potence. It's a comin'.
                      This is the best answer you've ever offered...almost sound WoF to me. I totally agree, and appreciate the hope you offer.
                      Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Working...
                      X