Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

wof and Proverbs 28:9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
    Literally "because the mind fixed on meat is at enmity against God..." But there you go...
    I don't think there is anyone in the history of the church that has put your unique spin on that verse. Of course, the human body with its appetites, desires and demands on the mind is kind meat, not to eat..., and some folks are meat heads..., but I know of no one that thinks this verse applies to food or any kind of "comestibles". Especially in light of the context.

    A TB translation...

    For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through meat, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful meat, and for sin, condemned sin in the meat: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after meat, but after the Spirit.

    God condemned sin in the meat we eat. Seems to go against your claim, if true.

    😆😆😆
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tallen View Post

      I don't think there is anyone in the history of the church that has put your unique spin on that verse. Of course, the human body with its appetites, desires and demands on the mind is kind meat, not to eat..., and some folks are meat heads..., but I know of no one that thinks this verse applies to food or any kind of "comestibles". Especially in light of the context.

      A TB translation...

      For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through meat, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful meat, and for sin, condemned sin in the meat: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after meat, but after the Spirit.

      God condemned sin in the meat we eat. Seems to go against your claim, if true.

      😆😆😆
      Um...Ted....the mind fixed on meat? That's the mind that actually believes, contrary to what Jesus said, that what goes into the mouth...meat...defiles the man. You're fixated on meat laws...and you justify yourself, and mangle the scripture doing it. That's the mind so fixated by its own righteousness that comes from works, that it believes it has an advantage over others due to the diet it has restricted itself to...

      It's everything you believe gives you superiority of wisdom and understanding...despite what Jesus said to deflate your blister.
      Pete

      ~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
        Um...Ted....the mind fixed on meat? That's the mind that actually believes, contrary to what Jesus said, that what goes into the mouth...meat...defiles the man.
        Ummm...Pete...I have never said that meat defiled a person. You are living in your fantasy world..., again. In fact I said plainly and clearly it is not the food that defiled, but false teaching, like the Rabbinical laws that Christ continuously fought against. Teaching that adds to and takes away from YHWH'S Law, like your teaching.

        You're fixated on meat laws...
        Wrong again..., I am following YHWH'S instructions. I am no more fixated on meat laws than i am on the 9th Commandment or learning His Way. You are the one fixated on meat laws, just like a Judaizer in reverse. You keep attributing to me your fantasy in your false witness. Over and over.

        ...and you justify yourself, and mangle the scripture doing it.
        WRONG AGAIN. I believe the words of Christ and accept what he said, heaven and earth haven't past away and neither has YHWH'S law.

        That's the mind so fixated by its own righteousness that comes from works, that it believes it has an advantage over others due to the diet it has restricted itself to...
        Show me where i have said such things. You are deluded by your fantasies.

        It's everything you believe gives you superiority of wisdom and understanding...despite what Jesus said to deflate your blister.
        Thanks for bearing false witness, again. It is expected.

        Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Instead, keeping God’s commandments is what counts.
        1 Corinthians 7:19 NET

        SIG
        ---> Insert your denial here. <---

        Comment


        • And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
          1 John 3:22 KJV

          Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
          Romans 7:12 KJV

          And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
          1 John 2:3 KJV

          Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
          Revelation 14:12 KJV

          ---> Insert your denial here. <---

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

            The problem you're having is simple...you cannot accept that the guy who's talking is the same guy who wrote what he wrote to the Galatians and the Colossians, and who rebuked Peter openly for acting like a Jew among the Gentiles of Antioch. Paul called Peter out for his hypocrisy...
            Eating with Gentiles isn't the same thing as eating what they ate. Paul rebuked Peter for refusing to eat WITH the Gentiles when the Pharisees came to town.


            You've shown that you do not accept Romans, and you've shown that you do not accept what Paul tells the Gentile church. Not a problem. It's a matter of your conscience...not good doctrine that's the point, and the proof is, you still claim, and have not retracted your statement, that some inspired scripture does not belong in the Bible. The Bible means exactly what it says, every time it says it...and your understanding of what the Bible actually does say is nullified by your reinstatement of the dietary laws and your observance of days and seasons all of which is covered by Paul throughout his epistles, and...if you ever took the time...covered well and at length in this remarkable thread.

            What Jesus revealed, to your dismay, and what Mark understood when he wrote what he wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was that there is nothing inherently unclean in food...any more than there is anything inherently laborious when you are gathering wheat berries from a field on a Sabbath, rubbing the chaff in your hands and popping the wheat into your mouth. It's not, and never has been, about hoof and cud.
            I don't think that the added by scribe phrase is inspired.
            I prooved to you in another thread thead that Paul was referring to gnosticism when he talked about not observing "days."
            ​​
            Notice that Yeshua popped wheat in his mouth, not a pork chop.

            This is what happens when you don't study the Word.


            Comment


            • And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
              Matthew 15:16-20 KJV
              ---> Insert your denial here. <---

              Comment


              • I'm thinking...

                ...the next time someone and their wife has a hankerin' for pulled pork, they have some rock badger, vulture, bat, ferret, chameleon, weasel, mouse, rat and mole to go along with those comestibles. 😆
                ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                Comment


                • The Apostle Paul didn't eat swine flesh, nor did he teach others to do so.

                  And when he was come, the Jews which came down from Jerusalem stood round about, and laid many and grievous complaints against Paul, which they could not prove. While he answered for himself, Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all. But Festus, willing to do the Jews a pleasure, answered Paul, and said, Wilt thou go up to Jerusalem, and there be judged of these things before me? Then said Paul, I stand at Caesar's judgment seat, where I ought to be judged: to the Jews have I done no wrong, as thou very well knowest.
                  Acts 25:7-‬10 KJV

                  If he would have ate pork, he couldn't say this truthfully. If he would have taught others to eat pork, he couldn't say the above. His "comestibles" were simply clean foods and nothing that would offend any Jew. Simply read the Bible.
                  Last edited by Tallen; 07-18-19, 08:28 PM.
                  ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                  Comment


                  • Proper translation of the Greek, which doesn't make a parenthetical out of the Greek. This whole discussion about food is based upon an improper translation of the Greek found in most modern translations that follow a tradition.

                    Proper:

                    And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
                    Mark 7:18-‬19 KJV

                    The words, "thus he declared" are not found in the Greek. In fact, parentheses are not in the Greek, they don't exist. When added, they change the meaning of the verse.

                    Here's the point Yahshua was making. Eating food with unwashed hands, and out of bowls not cleansed by the rituals of the Pharisees, do not make a person defiled. These things are not in God's law. The analogy being made, is that Rabbinical teachings entering into the heart do not defile a person, just like food that is eaten with unwashed hands out of unwashed bowls. This doesn't defile a person. It's what comes out of the person that is unclean and defiled... like poop going into the toilet the body has taken out the nutrients and the poop is of nothing good for the person. No reason to eat it. Just like, the teachings of the Pharisees, when it comes out of the heart it is useless, defiling, nothing good..., it defiles the people. Yahshua just offered a most insulting analogy to the Scribes and Pharisees about their religious laws and teachings.

                    That's the whole point of Christ's teaching..., it isn't about making swine flesh clean for eating. It's about guarding what you say, making the words coming from your lips according to YHWH'S Way, and not the polluted way of the religious Rabbinical Pharisees and Scribes.

                    Simple as that.
                    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tallen View Post
                      Proper translation of the Greek, which doesn't make a parenthetical out of the Greek. This whole discussion about food is based upon an improper translation of the Greek found in most modern translations that follow a tradition.

                      Proper:

                      And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
                      Mark 7:18-‬19 KJV

                      The words, "thus he declared" are not found in the Greek. In fact, parentheses are not in the Greek, they don't exist. When added, they change the meaning of the verse.

                      Here's the point Yahshua was making. Eating food with unwashed hands, and out of bowls not cleansed by the rituals of the Pharisees, do not make a person defiled. These things are not in God's law. The analogy being made, is that Rabbinical teachings entering into the heart do not defile a person, just like food that is eaten with unwashed hands out of unwashed bowls. This doesn't defile a person. It's what comes out of the person that is unclean and defiled... like poop going into the toilet the body has taken out the nutrients and the poop is of nothing good for the person. No reason to eat it. Just like, the teachings of the Pharisees, when it comes out of the heart it is useless, defiling, nothing good..., it defiles the people. Yahshua just offered a most insulting analogy to the Scribes and Pharisees about their religious laws and teachings.

                      That's the whole point of Christ's teaching..., it isn't about making swine flesh clean for eating. It's about guarding what you say, making the words coming from your lips according to YHWH'S Way, and not the polluted way of the religious Rabbinical Pharisees and Scribes.

                      Simple as that.
                      Exactly.


                      Comment


                      • And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
                        Mark 7:20-‬23 KJV


                        These are things the Rabbinical teachings produce. Just like the religious fruit of those who fantasize a position of someone posting in the forum and insist that their false witness is what another person is claiming. It is deceitful, proud and foolish, IMO.
                        ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rachel Rachel View Post

                          Exactly.
                          Watch out, Rachel. Someone will pick out one thing in my post that they think they can use in an effort to disparage and denigrate you with. Its happened before. They ignore a whole post and concentrate on just a little part to make it look like you are saying "exactly" to that one part lifted out of context.

                          Then double and triple down on their claim when it is pointed out. And then...

                          SIG
                          ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                          Comment


                          • The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness. He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
                            Psalms 111:7-‬10 KJV
                            ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                            Comment


                            • It is time for thee, Lord , to work: for they have made void thy law. Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
                              Psalms 119:126-127 KJV
                              ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                              Comment


                              • For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
                                Proverbs 6:23 KJV
                                ---> Insert your denial here. <---

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X