wof and Acts 2:39

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wof and Acts 2:39

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
    Acts 2:39 KJV

Does wof teach that every person hears some form of the Gospel..., or are there people who die lost, never hearing it?
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Does wof teach that every person hears some form of the Gospel..., or are there people who die lost, never hearing it?
    Handle Romans 1, and its cosmological argument.

Comment

WoF teaches all of Romans, especially the second chapter. The Holy Spirit is at work teaching wherever any heart is at work seeking. He is calling, and He is at work in those whom He has calling...and each of the called is able to receive the promises of God, as many as they be, great and precious...by which they are able through faith to become partakers of the divine nature.
      Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

WoF teaches all of Romans, especially the second chapter. The Holy Spirit is at work teaching wherever any heart is at work seeking. He is calling, and He is at work in those whom He has calling...and each of the called is able to receive the promises of God, as many as they be, great and precious...by which they are able through faith to become partakers of the divine nature.
        Did you answer my question?

Comment

Did you answer my question?
          Let's review: Ted: Does wof teach that every person hears some form of the Gospel

Pete: WoF teaches all of Romans, especially the second chapter.

Have you read Romans? Or just the commentaries? Here's what Romans 1 says: For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

We teach that what can be known about God is plain to all men everywhere, because God has shown it to them. No one is without this revelation.

Here's what Romans 2 says: 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

WoF teaches that when Gentiles who do not have the Law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves...The show that the work fo the law is written on their hearts...

Did you read Romans? That answered your question.

Pete continued: The Holy Spirit is at work teaching wherever any heart is at work seeking. He is calling, and He is at work in those whom He has calling...and each of the called is able to receive the promises of God, as many as they be, great and precious...by which they are able through faith to become partakers of the divine nature.

So Romans teaches that the Holy Spirit is at work in the heart of those who seek him, even among those who have not heard.

Ted asked: .., or are there people who die lost, never hearing it?

People die lost...never seeking Him.
          Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Let's review: Ted: Does wof teach that every person hears some form of the Gospel

Pete: WoF teaches all of Romans, especially the second chapter.

Have you read Romans? Or just the commentaries? Here's what Romans 2 says: 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

WoF teaches that when Gentiles who do not have the Law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves...The show that the work fo the law is written on their hearts...

Did you read Romans? That answered your question.

Pete continued: The Holy Spirit is at work teaching wherever any heart is at work seeking. He is calling, and He is at work in those whom He has calling...and each of the called is able to receive the promises of God, as many as they be, great and precious...by which they are able through faith to become partakers of the divine nature.

So Romans teaches that the Holy Spirit is at work in the heart of those who seek him, even among those who have not heard.

Ted asked: .., or are there people who die lost, never hearing it?

People die lost...never seeking Him.
            Thanks for the review...,

Tyfyt

Comment

Thanks for the review...,

Tyfyt
              Always happy to answer your questions...I'm here to help you understand beyond your commentaries...actually using scripture as a reasonable alternative.
              Pete

Comment

Always happy to answer your questions...I'm here to help you understand beyond your commentaries...actually using scripture as a reasonable alternative.
                Naaa..., I don't think I got a straight forward and clear answer. And most of your answers are based in error, misusing scripture by torturing it with a bad hermeneutic.

But once in awhile we agree.

Comment

Naaa..., I don't think I got a straight forward and clear answer. And most of your answers are based in error, misusing scripture by torturing it with a bad hermeneutic.
                  Nice ad hom...and like your commentators...completely scripture free. And false witness is not made true in the bearing thereof. Just saying.
                  But once in awhile we agree.
                  A lot more often than you would like to admit, I am sure!
                  Pete

Comment

Nice ad hom...and like your commentators...completely scripture free. And false witness is not made true in the bearing thereof. Just saying.
                    I don't think you know what ad hominem is. You certainly don't recognize it when yours is pointed out to you.

BTW, what I said wasn't ad hom, it's an informed opinion based upon what you said.

A lot more often than you would like to admit, I am sure!
                    I don't think you would notice in your rush to deny most of what I say.

Comment

I don't think you know what ad hominem is. You certainly don't recognize it when yours is pointed out to you.
                      That's one raht theyah! If you ever need an example, read the first line from your post!

BTW, what I said wasn't ad hom, it's an informed opinion based upon what you said.
                      Wahahahahahahahaha! Now you're quoting me directly!

I don't think you would notice in your rush to deny most of what I say.
                      I point it out every time!

Pete

Comment

That's one raht theyah! If you ever need an example, read the first line from your post!

Wahahahahahahahaha! Now you're quoting me directly!
                        I point it out every time!
                        Tyfyt

Comment

Working...
                        X